Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-27-2014, 09:50 AM
Elite Fan

3x15 - Mama Said Knock You Out - Episode Discussion

“Mama Said Knock You Out” – The Grant children prepare for a live sit down television interview with Fitz and Mellie at the White House. Meanwhile, Adnan looks to Harrison for help and Rowan warns Olivia to stop investigating B613, on ABC’s “Scandal,” THURSDAY, MARCH 27 (10:00-11:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

“Scandal” stars Kerry Washington as Olivia Pope, Columbus Short as Harrison Wright, Guillermo Diaz as Huck, Darby Stanchfield as Abby Whelan, Katie Lowes as Quinn Perkins, Tony Goldwyn as President Fitzgerald Grant, Jeff Perry as Cyrus Beene, Bellamy Young as Mellie Grant, Joshua Malina as David Rosen and Scott Foley as Captain Jacob “Jake” Ballard.

“Mama Said Knock You Out” was written by Zahir McGhee and directed by Tony Goldwyn.
Old 03-27-2014, 11:45 AM
Part-Time Fan

Thanks for the new thread! Really looking forward to tonight's episode.

I wonder if the baby will make an appearance too? It's been a while since he was mentioned. lol
Old 03-27-2014, 12:43 PM
Elite Fan

I´m so excited for tonight.

Can´t wait to meet the Grants kids!!!

I wonder if Fitz´ll find out tonight that Jerry is his brother and not his son.
Old 03-27-2014, 01:24 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

It's never been confirmed that the first kid is Jerry or Fitz's but my bet is that he is Fitz's just like Teddy when people kept hoping he wasn't his either. I'm not expecting much from the episode, S3 has been a huge bust.
Old 03-27-2014, 01:34 PM
Elite Fan

I can't wait to see tonights episode!! LMAO!
Old 03-27-2014, 01:43 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly85 (View Post)
It's never been confirmed that the first kid is Jerry or Fitz's but my bet is that he is Fitz's just like Teddy when people kept hoping he wasn't his either. I'm not expecting much from the episode, S3 has been a huge bust.
I think is Big Jerry´s son. That SL could give a lot of drama to the show.

But this is Scandal and everything can happen,
Old 03-27-2014, 04:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hope this is a good episode.

We will take the best parts of ourselves and make them gold.
icon credit: lucy
Old 03-27-2014, 04:31 PM
Elite Fan

I think it will be
Old 03-27-2014, 10:20 PM
Fan Forum Legend

This episode was just terrific and on point.

FINALLY! the kids, I've been waiting since Season 1. We always knew Mellie and Fitz had two older kids but we never seen them, just heard mentions of it, and it's good to know Mellie spoke some truth earlier in the season when she said Jerry and Karen. When she said that they didn't want to come around because of Fitz.

I think it was very realistic for Karen to not respect her father Fitz at all for disrespecting his wife [her mother] Mellie by cheating on her, not only with Olivia but with Amanda Tanner when Olivia broke his heart but things surely takes in interesting twist of turn when the daughter Karen catches Mellie doing.... well doing something she wasn't suppose to be doing with Andrew, and it gives her an different perceptive about what really happened between Mellie and Fitz, made her wonder if she was hating Fitz for no reason. All for all the wrong reasons.

I thought this was an great introduction of the kids, the family were as dysfunctional as it seemed.

When Karen told Fitz about the Mellie and Andrew affair, my first thought was "Are you freaking kidding me Fitz? you're really that upset after all the dirt you did in your marriage" hypocrisy at it's fulliest, and then Olivia is going around keep telling Mellie not to have an affair with Andrew but she can still sit their and kiss around with Fitz, Olivia just please. Stop. Please, stop.

Now when Fitz and Mellie has that private conversation in the office, I was finally understand Fitz being upset cause it's exactly how I felt. When Mellie got raped by Fitz father, Jerry Grant.. she was so in shock, she felt so betrayed, so hurt and so violated and she told no one about it and distant herself from Fitz, she just really probably felt dirty inside and I think in a way it made her stronger, but it's sad she had to hide it from everybody, especially from the one who suppose to support her and be by her side through it all, her husband Fitz.
This episode confirmed that. Within time they drifted apart because Mellie kind of pushed him away by not wanting to be with him intimately anymore. It doesn't justify Fitz cheating, but it's realistic if you push someone away for 10 years, eventually you might succeed. That scene was just so on point.

Quinn/Huck, I find what's going in with them very interesting.... I actually enjoy how twisted it is, and that's why it works. Huck trying to get Quinn back in their side, Quinn relationship for Charlie is surely taking a turn, Quinn is conflicted right now. She has weird feelings for Huck while being with Charlie, which is why she for sure left out Huck kissing her and she doesn't want Charlie to kill Huck... although Huck would win that battle.

Also another [probably unpopular opinion] I love Quinn!

Overall I really enjoyed this whole episode. I still like Jake, I loved his scene with Fitz. I love seeing Cyrus anger come into this episode. ...can't wait for next week.

Oh and that scene in the end with Olivia and Rowan was interesting... In can't wait to see what happens next.

Old 03-28-2014, 02:20 AM
Extreme Fan

I think Fitz is the father, that way he seems even worse than he already is.
Old 03-28-2014, 07:51 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Fitz is so horrible to Mellie and Olivia. Why do they even want him at this point?

We will take the best parts of ourselves and make them gold.
icon credit: lucy
Old 03-28-2014, 08:03 AM
Elite Fan

Because love isn´t a choice
Old 03-28-2014, 08:49 AM
Cardcaptor Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by flickers (View Post)
Fitz is so horrible to Mellie and Olivia. Why do they even want him at this point?
It's obvious Liv has mental issues and deep down, wants to be abused cause she keeps close to people that crap on her like Fitz, Cyrus, and even Huck at times and she also pushes away good men (like Jake and Edison to be a married man's mistress like a dumbass) and Mellie craves power but like I've said, they can both do better. Thier Fitz's possessions, not people. He treats them like he owns them and wants to control them. Liv got the serious mistress treatment this episode and it's what she deserves since she is dumb enough to settle as the side chick (and side chicks never win) but Fitz always treats her like crap and always will, that will never change. She is pathetic to always put up with it. I also agree Fitz and Liv are huge hypocrites. Fitz is always throwing his affair with Liv in Mellie's face and never touches her, so she goes her own way and he's mad (showing unshockingly, there are still feelings but when you have been married for 15ish years, of course) and Liv, wow what a hypocrite she's turned into SMFH. On this re-election campaign she is still doing him despite the rumors and using the "I'm doing my job" excuse when she is really only there to sneak around with Fitz (Liv has really done nothing professionally for Fitz's re-election campaign. She is there to fool around with Fitz when he dings the bell) Like her mom said, she is the help. The show is still a mess but I got to say I am loving the new Jake. I've always loved Jake but I'm loving his "Don't F with me" attitude, he just doesn't GAF. When he told Fitz "I'm not your bitch" and told him off (and Fitz does nothing but sit on his ass and has everyone do everything for him or HAND him things like Rowan and Jake said before) I thought that was the best part of the episode (along with Liv getting kicked in the face when Fitz said "I'M TALKING TO MY WIFE!" When your the mistress, expect it) As long as SR doesn't ruin him like she has everyone else, I'm loving Jake and how he is doing Command.
Old 03-28-2014, 09:26 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by flickers (View Post)

Agreed, I don't see the reason why either would want to be with him.
They both obviously can do better.
After Fitz presidency term, probably that'll give Mellie the guts to finally leave but this episode I think showed that somewhere inside Mellie does love Fitz but their whole relationship changed the day she got raped.

Olivia I really have no idea what's her excuse. From what we seen, she loves Fitz and she wants a relationship with passion and heartbreak. She even told Edison in Season 2:

"I don’t want normal, and easy, and simple. I want…I want painful, difficult, devastating, life-changing, extraordinary love. Don’t you want that, too?”

AND Edison reply was: "Love is not supposed to be painful or devastating. Love isn't supposed to hurt, Liv."

So Live want painful and devastating, she seems addicted to it at this point so that's all she'll ever have until she changes her approach, or if she ever does.
Old 03-28-2014, 12:40 PM
Elite Fan

So... Huck and Quin..... mouth frakking this time. Wonder how that will play out! lol!