Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-13-2014, 06:33 AM
Elite Fan

3x13 - "No Sun on the Horizon" - Episode Discussion

"No Sun on the Horizon" - A well prepared Fitz gets thrown a curve ball during the first presidential debate, Olivia receives shocking news and is forced to make an extremely difficult decision, and the gladiators work with a powerful CEO accused of murder. Meanwhile, one dirty little secret could lead to deadly consequences, on ABC's "Scandal," THURSDAY, MARCH 12 (10:00-11:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

"Scandal" stars Kerry Washington as Olivia Pope, Columbus Short as Harrison Wright, Guillermo Diaz as Huck, Darby Stanchfield as Abby Whelan, Katie Lowes as Quinn Perkins, Tony Goldwyn as President Fitzgerald Grant, Jeff Perry as Cyrus Beene, Bellamy Young as Mellie Grant, Joshua Malina as David Rosen and Scott Foley as Captain Jacob "Jake" Ballard.

"No Sun on the Horizon" was written by Matt Byrne and directed by Randy Zisk.
Old 03-13-2014, 10:17 AM
Supreme Fan

tftnt! So exited for tonight!!!

It's gonna be good!
It was a Perfect Illusion
Old 03-13-2014, 10:22 AM
Supreme Fan

Just in case no one has seen the promo for the episode:

Old 03-13-2014, 11:36 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the promo!!!

I wonder what will be the OMFG moment.
Old 03-13-2014, 07:37 PM
MST Manager

Thanks for the promo. Hope everyone is enjoying the episode.
Old 03-13-2014, 08:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srta_Parker (View Post)
I wonder what will be the OMFG moment.
IT'S A GOD DAMN DOOZY!
Old 03-13-2014, 09:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Whoa.

I uh... yeah. OMFG indeed.

Old 03-13-2014, 09:37 PM
Passionate Fan

Who.Got.Shot???
Old 03-13-2014, 10:22 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

lol I'm pretty sure Jake wasn't the one shooting them, but their making it look like it just like when Fitz was shot and they showed Huck when it was Becky. I also bet James and David didn't get shot which is why they cut it off. They will probably show someone else was doing the shooting (like Maya or someone else) and Jake was there to protect them. That's my guess but these episodes have been blowing and I get more disgusted by Liv each episode. She looked pathetic but now she also looks trashy, RIP OP.
Old 03-13-2014, 11:04 PM
Extreme Fan

It looks as if Olivia is doomed to be Fitz's bedwarmer for the rest of her life.

How does Olivia look "trashy"?
"The term 'Black Magic' was originally a reference to the type of 'magic' (spiritual beliefs) done by people who were black and because of the racism of the time - 'Black=Bad'; we find the current idea of black magic meaning magic that is either bad, evil, or lesser." That is just wrong on so many levels.
Old 03-14-2014, 08:19 AM
Cardcaptor Queen

I think it's trashy how she is jumping between Fitz and Jake. She wants to use Fitz when she wants that dangerous high of doing a married man, she likes the danger and fobidden apple. Then when it becomes to much for her IE the "I'm seen as your whore," Mellie calling her that all the time, the sneaking around and not being able to be public, the way Fitz has a leash on her, then she wants normal and public then she comes running to Jake. It also didn't help how she said "Take advantage of me Jake," then later on there she is sucking face with Fitz again like a good blow up doll. So yeah, this episode affirmed to me she looks trashy. I can't even ship Olake anymore cause Jake has been there for her (even in yesterday's episode when SHE went to HIS house and asked for normal and comfort) and she continues to blow him off when she gets what she needs. RIght now I say to hell with Olivia and Jake should just move on. Why keep trying with someone that obviously has issues and wants to be a married man's doormat her whole life. Go find another woman dude, Liv deserves an abusive loser like Fitz who will always put his presidency and marriage (since he is too wimpy to get a divorce) before her. She's an idiot. I will most likely try to see how the season ends then I'm out. SR has turned the show into a straight up messy clusterf*** and she is making me hate Olivia. The way she did Jake in yesterday's episode, it made her look like a huge b*tch (first time I've called Liv that) I'm sickened by her to the highest degree. That's how I feel, I'm done with the show after this season. SR has completely ruined this show, it used to be so great.
Old 03-14-2014, 09:42 AM
Part-Time Fan

Butterfly85, I completely agree.
Old 03-14-2014, 10:21 AM
Supreme Fan

Great episode! Great cliffhanger! I totally believe that Jake is the one that is doing the shooting. He is command after all. I just have to remember/figure out why? If I had to guess, I am going to guess he ends up shooting David. But then my other question is if he only shoots 1, then what happens to the other person?

This season is also about terrible camera angles too! I know Kerry is pregnant, but we should be able to do a better job. Some of them are just hilarious. I also look forward to see how many bags they make her hold!
Old 03-14-2014, 10:28 AM
Elite Fan

I know he probably shoots David, but I think it could be a better storyline if he shoots or even kill James. Cyrus will become an enemy of B613. He will ask for revenge against Jake.

Or maybe he wants to shoot David and James puts himself between them and safes David.

I don´t know but Jake is definately becoming the new Rowan. And he has started betraying Olivia. Sending Quinn to spy on her office is wrong. If he wanted the information he would had to find it himself but not spying on her fake girlfriend. That ruins any future he could have with Olivia.
Old 03-14-2014, 12:06 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

Well, Fitz has betrayed Liv many times since the show started. The series started with him lying to her about Amanda Tanner and using her to cover up another affair of his. Fitz ruined her buisness and name when he leaked her name at the beginning of the season. Whenever she finds out about that she will get over it in two seconds like thinking he killed her mother. Liv also slept with Fitz still thinking he murdered her mother so nothing is too low with her. If she can put up with all the times Fitz stabbed her in the back then anything Jake or someone else does doesn't even compare. I think Liv likes getting stepped on. As long as Jake is on the show I bet she will be on and off with him just like Fitz but it will just make her look fickle and trashy and I'm over it. Jake can do better. She has ways she uses Fitz (vice versa) and she does the same to Jake. I'll be shocked if Jake actually did the shooting, I bet he didn't do it and it was someone else. It's identical to what they did when they made it look like Huck shot Fitz (but the show was way better then) My raw reaction was "Oh *****!" then minutes later I was pretty sure Huck didn't do it and was right. It's also sloppy to have it be Jake cause he could of easily had someone else do it then he as Command, shoots them in front of a lawyer and reporter UNMASKED? That's another reason it doesn't make sense for him to really be shooting them but if it is Jake then SR's character assassination has continued but I don't think anyone will ever be as ruined as Fitz and Olivia have been. THey both make me sick. Oh, and thanks Tracie.