Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-03-2014, 08:01 AM
Elite Fan

3 x 16 - The Fluffer - Episode Discussion

“The Fluffer” – Abby steps in as Olivia’s proxy and takes on duties at the White House. Meanwhile, the team continues to investigate B613, and someone throws a wrench in Reston’s presidential campaign, on ABC’s “Scandal,” THURSDAY, APRIL 3 (10:00-11:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

“Scandal” stars Kerry Washington as Olivia Pope, Columbus Short as Harrison Wright, Guillermo Diaz as Huck, Darby Stanchfield as Abby Whelan, Katie Lowes as Quinn Perkins, Tony Goldwyn as President Fitzgerald Grant, Jeff Perry as Cyrus Beene, Bellamy Young as Mellie Grant, Joshua Malina as David Rosen and Scott Foley as Captain Jacob “Jake” Ballard.

“The Fluffer” was written by Chris Van Dusen & Raamla Mohamed and directed by Jeannot Szwarc.
Old 04-03-2014, 08:38 AM
Master Fan

TFTNT

I can't wait to see the episode.

Old 04-03-2014, 10:30 AM
Elite Fan

New Scandal tonight!!!
Old 04-03-2014, 08:01 PM
Supreme Fan

"Oops" - Olivia
It was a Perfect Illusion
Old 04-03-2014, 08:16 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

Why is Olivia being written so dumb? Good going, now they don't know what Maya and Co. are going to do with that bomb. Well, at least I got a suprise: A Jake and Liv sex scene. I still don't care for this ruined version of Liv but I've always thought they had chemistry and the sex scene was hot. I was also suprised they kind of showed it with KW being pregnant and all. Also, Maya is coldblooded. I liked seeing a scene with her, Rowan, and Liv. Step down, don't ***** with Maya Liv. She has you outmatched without even trying lol. The next episode looks like epi. 3 all over again but since they have already shown pics of Fitz, Jake, Liv, and Andrew for the finale everything obviously turns out okay. Bet it's disarmed.
Old 04-03-2014, 08:23 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I have officially had it with Olivia and Fitz, just URG. So through. Olivia and Fitz are both just hypocrites... especially Fitz, so he can sleep around with Olivia any single damn time he want, but Mellie can't do anything with Andrew? yeah it doesn't feel to good to get cheated on now does it?

Fitz should just go hit rocks, he has no idea how the Mellie and Andrew relationship started, he's just going with his own delusional version that first right for him, and makes his cheating condon-able. Just pathetic.

I'm so happy Fitz slapped him hard across the face because he definitely deserved it.

I love Jake.. and that's all I'll do to end this review.
Old 04-03-2014, 08:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Jake is a flop, how dare he choke Olivia? Yay for Mellie slapping Fitz -- and welcome back, Olivia Pope, I've missed you.

We will take the best parts of ourselves and make them gold.
icon credit: lucy
Old 04-03-2014, 08:41 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly85 (View Post)
Why is Olivia being written so dumb? Good going, now they don't know what Maya and Co. are going to do with that bomb. Well, at least I got a suprise: A Jake and Liv sex scene. I still don't care for this ruined version of Liv but I've always thought they had chemistry and the sex scene was hot. I was also suprised they kind of showed it with KW being pregnant and all. Also, Maya is coldblooded. I liked seeing a scene with her, Rowan, and Liv. Step down, don't ***** with Maya Liv. She has you outmatched without even trying lol. The next episode looks like epi. 3 all over again but since they have already shown pics of Fitz, Jake, Liv, and Andrew for the finale everything obviously turns out okay. Bet it's disarmed.
You all know why Olivia is being written so dumb. Shonda has issues with accomplished African American women. She did the same thing to Naomi on Private Practice. She uses them to service the plot.
Old 04-03-2014, 08:52 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by flickers (View Post)
Jake is a flop, how dare he choke Olivia? Yay for Mellie slapping Fitz -- and welcome back, Olivia Pope, I've missed you.
I can totally understand Jake getting upset with Olivia... at least we knew he wasn't going to kill her.... Huck attacked Olivia before, and he's still loved.
She was playing Jake... I wish Jake would find someone else to be with, anyone [right now] would be better for him than Olivia, who just criticizes other's affair while having an affair with the President herself.
Old 04-03-2014, 09:25 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternal◘fate (View Post)
I can totally understand Jake getting upset with Olivia... at least we knew he wasn't going to kill her.... Huck attacked Olivia before, and he's still loved.
She was playing Jake... I wish Jake would find someone else to be with, anyone [right now] would be better for him than Olivia, who just criticizes other's affair while having an affair with the President herself.
It was a Perfect Illusion
Old 04-03-2014, 09:49 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumpshot (View Post)
You all know why Olivia is being written so dumb. Shonda has issues with accomplished African American women. She did the same thing to Naomi on Private Practice. She uses them to service the plot.
Oh you don't have to tell me, I can easily see it. I've said it elsewhere, Liv like other BW I have seen on soaps and TV shows is crapped on on a regular basis. Same with how they have made Olitz into this abusive humpfest, she is basically his POA. They have cheapened them like other shows do to other IR pairings I have seen, which is why I usually keep them at arms length when I get into tv shows. I did the same with Olitz, but the disconnect wasn't hard for me cause the couple just became stank as hell. Maya called Liv the help, that's how she looks but to me she has looked like the house slave for a long time. Eternalfate, word. I've said before Fitz wants to have his cake and eat it too. I'm glad Mellie slapped the crap out of him too cause he is always flaunting his affair with Liv in her face but she can't have something of her own? He's a hypocritical ahole. He doesn't want Mellie to be happy just like he doesn't want Liv to move on and be happy (IE keeping her as his mistress her whole life and wasting away waiting for him, like an idiot) I'm just glad more and more are seeing Fitz and Olitz for what they are, I've been seen it which is one of the many reasons I hate this couple but I'm numb since SR has ruined Liv (she settles for it so she deserves what she gets like last week when he told her he was talking to his wife) we all know Olitz will never go anywhere, and their scenes are the most repetitive scenes ever. This couple will never go anywhere or go into new territory, their boring but I hate them cause their abusive and toxic. Fitz and Liv are looking like huge hypocrites, continuing to bone during this whole thing but Andrew and Mellie can't? GTFOOHWTBS.

I'm loving Jake, Liv was an idiot for shutting them down trying to puff out her chest when B613 was seeing what Maya was doing with that bomb. Now cause of Liv's stupidity, their in the dark. Oh yeah, Huck choked Liv and Fitz grabbed her arm rough and threw her in a closet, others have committed murders (Liv told Jake he kills her friends? Uh, Liv you never talked to James and Fitz murdered your friend Verna and you slept with him still thinking he killed your mother. You obviously don't care about those. Liv is such a hypocrite! She just needs to STHU) Liv got over those so it's whatever. I do think Jake can do better than Liv but I can't help it, I thought their love scene was hot. At the same time though it made Liv look trashy once again cause she basically whored herself out to get to Jake's phone (but she still enjoyed the sex) I can tell SR either doesn't like KW or Liv hense craps on her character every way she can. Fitz and Liv are the most annoying characters on the show right now, together and seperately.
Old 04-03-2014, 10:43 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:

Is Olivia supposed to be written as this all wise, ideal woman? Because I would find such a character to be rather boring. And I would also find such characterization as an example of bad writing.

Yes, Olivia is flawed. Yes, she is far from perfect. I can say the same about most of the characters on the show.

Why continue to watch this show, if you cannot deal with flawed fictional characters? And I doubt very much that Shonda Rimes has issues with accomplished African-American women. I think she simply prefers creating complex and flawed characters.
"The term 'Black Magic' was originally a reference to the type of 'magic' (spiritual beliefs) done by people who were black and because of the racism of the time - 'Black=Bad'; we find the current idea of black magic meaning magic that is either bad, evil, or lesser." That is just wrong on so many levels.
Old 04-04-2014, 12:35 AM
Extreme Fan

Olivia's (and Fitz's) hypocrisy is beyond annoying now. I just can't take it anymore.
Old 04-04-2014, 10:11 AM
Part-Time Fan

Can't get over how terrible this season has been. It's just all so cartoony now. These characters continuing to do what they do is just laughable at this point. And I pray pray pray the B613 storyline ends at 318. That storyline is the worst arc i've seen on any show ever. Just terrible.

And i'm all for flawed characters, but what the writers have done to the Olivia Pope character is just shameful. A year ago she was this beloved historic character. Now she's seen by many as a joke now. Just look at all the nasty and hateful artwork that's popping up. She will never be able to escape the "help" and especially the "whore" tags.
Old 04-04-2014, 05:51 PM
New Fan

Another awful episode. Shame on Shonda for what she's done to Olivia.