Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-02-2015, 03:25 PM
Elite Fan

“Even the Devil Deserves a Second Chance” {Episode 5x07: November 5th, 2015} Episode Discussion

“Even the Devil Deserves a Second Chance” – While Fitz is focused on winning back the American people, he makes a shocking discovery. Meanwhile, OPA takes on a new client, but Olivia seems preoccupied keeping her own secrets, and Elizabeth North sets her sights on a new agenda, on “Scandal,” THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 5 (9:00-10:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

“Scandal” stars Kerry Washington as Olivia Pope, Guillermo Diaz as Huck, Darby Stanchfield as Abby Whelan, Katie Lowes as Quinn Perkins, Tony Goldwyn as President Fitzgerald Grant, Jeff Perry as Cyrus, Bellamy Young as First Lady Mellie Grant, Joshua Malina as David Rosen, Scott Foley as Jake Ballard, Portia De Rossi as Elizabeth North and Cornelius Smith Jr as Marcus Walker.

“Even the Devil Deserves a Second Chance” was written by Raamla Mohammed and directed by Oliver Brokelberg.

The series is created by Shonda Rhimes (“Grey’s Anatomy,” “How to Get Away with Murder”). Shonda Rhimes, Betsy Beers (“Grey’s Anatomy,” “How to Get Away with Murder”), Mark Wilding and Tom Verica are executive producers. “Scandal” is produced by ABC Studios.
Old 11-02-2015, 07:25 PM
Elite Fan

TFTNT

"You're gonna' miss me so bad when I'm gone."
Old 11-03-2015, 07:34 AM
Master Fan

tfnt! can't wait for this
Old 11-03-2015, 08:05 AM
Elite Fan

Me neihter!!!
Old 11-06-2015, 07:12 AM
Master Fan

Well that was intense!
I'm a bit disappointed with the episode because no Mellie (why???) and I called the fake feminist jerk + shady wife plot twist since their first scene, so the episode sort of felt like a filler, but at the same time it gave an interesting insight of Olivia. Mellie did that first last week, suggesting that an apple can't fall far from the tree, but I thought she was mad and insulting. When Jake basically said the same thing I thought (again) he was "mad and grieving". But it looks like Jake can read right through Olivia even when he's mad at her, so here we are.
Still, I think Cyrus is the only one who actually gets to be angry at Olivia here. He's right after all, everyone has to compromise, give things up, step back and lose something in the process when it comes to the White House, but she chose not to and like Jake said, she even did something mortally dangerous to do it, though she possibly didn't think of the consequences.
On a lighter note, poor Susan will there be a love triangle here?
Old 11-06-2015, 09:04 AM
Elite Fan

I´d never had expected a triangle between David-Elisabeth and Susan.
Old 11-06-2015, 09:34 AM
Elite Fan

I tried to watch last night and fell asleep. I hate when I do that!! I'll re-watch later and post some comments. From what I saw, though, I'll have to agree that this episode felt like filler.

"You're gonna' miss me so bad when I'm gone."
Old 11-06-2015, 12:36 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Mellie did that first last week, suggesting that an apple can't fall far from the tree, but I thought she was mad and insulting. When Jake basically said the same thing I thought (again) he was "mad and grieving". But it looks like Jake can read right through Olivia even when he's mad at her, so here we are.

Still, I think Cyrus is the only one who actually gets to be angry at Olivia here. He's right after all, everyone has to compromise, give things up, step back and lose something in the process when it comes to the White House, but she chose not to and like Jake said, she even did something mortally dangerous to do it, though she possibly didn't think of the consequences.

Jake had every right to be mad at Olivia, as well. By asking Mellie to free Eli Pope, she is just as responsible for the death of his ex-wife . . . unless someone other than Pope is responsible.

But you know what? I came to the conclusion that Olivia was a user several days before this episode aired.
"The term 'Black Magic' was originally a reference to the type of 'magic' (spiritual beliefs) done by people who were black and because of the racism of the time - 'Black=Bad'; we find the current idea of black magic meaning magic that is either bad, evil, or lesser." That is just wrong on so many levels.
Old 11-06-2015, 12:53 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

^^^The episode was boring as hell and Liv came across as a huge b***h so when this unshockingly blows up in her face I'm here for it (and you know she will be trying to cry to Jake about it as usual) The best scene was Jake telling Liv THE TRUTH about herself. Liv has qualities of Rowan and Maya, and she does try to act like she is an angel when she has done so many dirty things to get what she wants. Whether it's always lying, covering up murders, comitting treason, telling Huck to torture someone then ignoring him when she is mad at him, letting murderers out of prison for selfish reasons, etc. Jake was right and considering Rowan is a serial killer and has tried to kill Jake many times, what did Liv expect. Hell, he killed Harrison and he didn't GAF when Liv was kidnapped. Jake told Rowan she was kidnapped and Rowan said he didn't have a daughter and left her to rot. I came to that conclusion about Liv in S3, having mental issues cause of her parents, only being addicted to the "power" that Fitz has (which is contridictory cause as they showed last night and most of the series, he is a spineless, mindless, neutered puppy that let's her and everyone walk him on a glittery, pink leash. He can't make an independent decison ever, he probably asks Liv if he can use the bathroom) and the chaos that comes with him to. She doesn't want FITZ, she wants the POWER AND INSANITY. I could care less what happens to Liv after this episode, she is a hypocritical, sociopathic, b**** but it will catch up with her and she'll be crying about it and to everyone in no time. It's so obvious where this is headed zzz.
Old 11-06-2015, 02:08 PM
Master Fan

It's actually the first time I'm thinking of Olivia as another Annalise Keating. I'm not sure whether she always had it in her or it's something more recent.
Old 11-06-2015, 02:17 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkalice (View Post)
It's actually the first time I'm thinking of Olivia as another Annalise Keating. I'm not sure whether she always had it in her or it's something more recent.
In what way??
Old 11-06-2015, 02:39 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srta_Parker (View Post)
In what way??
As in in what way she's like Annalise or in what way she'd had it in her?
Well Annalise is clearly a damaged woman that even coming from good intentions keeps ruining everyone's life. Olivia definitely is damaged and now she's either using people or ruining their lives or both.
As for the second question, was she always power hungry? She definitely enjoys having power and living an uptown girl life, but that's because she was raised that way. She usually uses her power for good causes too. But now it just seems like she wants the pros of first ladyship but avoiding the cons, and she is going to cause deaths in the process. So I wonder, would she have done it in the past, or is it new to her?
Old 11-06-2015, 04:00 PM
Elite Fan

I think that Annalise is darker than Olivia. For me is complicated to understand why Annalise is doing some things but with Olivia I think I know why. That´s probably because we know the background of Olivia but not of Annalise. Besides, Olivia tries to do good things, to wear the white hat. Annalise doesn´t.

However I still don´t understand how releasing his father fits with wearing the white hat.

About power, yes Olivia loves power but most of the characters in the show loves power.
Old 11-06-2015, 04:18 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I think that Annalise is darker than Olivia. For me is complicated to understand why Annalise is doing some things but with Olivia I think I know why. That´s probably because we know the background of Olivia but not of Annalise.
That's it, we know very little of Annalise and it was just yesterday that we sort of got to know at least something about her motivations.

I'm afraid Olivia wasn't thinking of her white hat when she freed her father, unless something comes up later to explain what that was. But I really believe there was no good reason, apart from her thinking it was going to benefit her (no wedding), Fitz (no impeachment) and even Mellie (staying senator). It's been a selfish move. Sure, three people have avoided a problem, but many other won't.
Old 11-06-2015, 04:42 PM
Elite Fan

I still don´t understand why she did it. After all she has done this season that reason has no sense. Because she has to know the consequences of Rowan being free.