Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-09-2016, 05:58 AM
Elite Fan

"That´s my girl" {5x21: 12th May, 2016} Episode Discussion

Quote:
“That’s My Girl” – As each presidential candidate gets ready to announce their running mate, Olivia finds herself in a potentially dire situation. Meanwhile, Cyrus is presented with damaging information that could alter the presidential race entirely, on the season finale of “Scandal,” THURSDAY, MAY 12 (9:00-10:00 p.m. EDT), on the ABC Television Network.

“Scandal” stars Kerry Washington as Olivia Pope, Guillermo Diaz as Huck, Darby Stanchfield as Abby Whelan, Katie Lowes as Quinn Perkins, Tony Goldwyn as President Fitzgerald Grant, Jeff Perry as Cyrus, Bellamy Young as First Lady Mellie Grant, Joshua Malina as David Rosen, Scott Foley as Jake Ballard, Portia De Rossi as Elizabeth North, Cornelius Smith Jr as Marcus Walker and Joe Morton as Eli Pope.

Guest cast TBA.

“That’s My Girl” was written by Shonda Rhimes & Mark Wilding and directed by Tom Verica.
Old 05-09-2016, 04:26 PM
Master Fan

Cyrus don't you dare.
Who will Mellie's running mate be? I was hoping she'd pick Susan.
Old 05-10-2016, 03:42 AM
Elite Fan

Me too. Specially because I don´t want Susan to dissapear.
Old 05-11-2016, 05:15 AM
Master Fan

I don't think she will though, nor do I assume it's 100% over with her and David (and Liz!)
Old 05-11-2016, 06:39 AM
Elite Fan

Only one day!!!
Old 05-13-2016, 01:59 AM
Master Fan

Well, I see what they did there and I half expected it because of its title, but the episode still felt a little underwhelming to me. It does, however, make for a satisfying conclusion; I'm just forever disappointed that we didn't get to see some Marcus/Mellie action
I'm sorry about Jake's epiphany but I'm glad he stayed to be Olivia's bitch Mellie's VP. That's going to be interesting because it keeps practically all of them into the game. Not so bummed by Cy running with Frankie Vargas, but at least I know he knows Olivia's secret which makes for a compelling tete-a-tete since they'd have to use something else for blackmail.
I expected Fitz to bring up the abortion and he didn't?? Though I'm quite sure when he said he "supported her choice" the abortion was what he meant? I'm glad he's becoming a somewhat sane person but I still cringe whenever I see an Olitz scene.
Finally, creepy Tom. Does Cyrus really think he can just dump him?

IDK I did like the episode, I just don't think it makes an edge-of-your-seat season finale.
Old 05-13-2016, 03:00 AM
Elite Fan

Haven´t seen the episode yet but for what I read there was no advance.
Old 05-13-2016, 11:24 AM
Cardcaptor Queen

It was a boring, lackluster finale. I only liked the Rowan/Jake/Liv scene and Mellie ripping Fitz's throat out but that's it. Well with Jake being Mellie's VP at least they will FINALLY share scenes after three years. About time, can't wait for that dynamic.
Old 05-13-2016, 02:07 PM
Elite Fan

I was almost afraid to come over here to post because I really didn't think this was good enough to be a finale. I expected to be biting my nails and I wasn't!! I liked it, liked how Olivia "saved" Jake, liked Mellie ripping Fitz a new one but that's about it. Cyrus as VP just doesn't do it for me. I also thought Fitz was referring to the abortion when he said he approved of her choices.

"You're gonna' miss me so bad when I'm gone."
Old 05-13-2016, 02:44 PM
Master Fan

I see we all agree it wasn't explosive. And to think I wasn't even spoiled this time, I avoided reading recaps and stuff so I could enjoy it but maybe that doesn't work for me

I do realize Cy running should be a huge thing but the most I thought was, wasn't he a Republican? and am I supposed to be shipping him and Creepy Tom? Hell, Tom isn't even a real character for me, his Helen of Troy monologue is the worst in the entire Scandal story as far as I'm concerned. I wish there had been an actual conflict or cliff hanger of some sort, because this could totally pass for a series finale.
Old 05-14-2016, 06:20 AM
Master Fan

Looks like Command is getting what he wants
Old 05-14-2016, 11:43 AM
Master Fan

He is although I'm starting to wonder how far back his plan dates. Was everything a plan to get Liv to go and have Jake run for VP along with her pick for President ever since Jake starting dating Vanessa? Wasn't there any less contrived way?
Old 05-14-2016, 02:44 PM
Elite Fan

I´ve finally watched it. I find it boring to be a finale. Nothing that makes me say OMG.
Old 05-14-2016, 05:06 PM
Master Fan

So much could have been in this ep to shake it up a little. Mellie and Marcus, for instance. I swear, I'm not saying this just because I love both and I could ship them it just felt unfair to imply something would happen and then not show it, especially because the screen time they could have gotten went to others. For instance, who the hell cares for round two of David and Liz? Of Creepy Tom's feels for Cyrus? I kind of think they dragged the episode.
Old 05-15-2016, 08:20 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srta_Parker (View Post)
I´ve finally watched it. I find it boring to be a finale. Nothing that makes me say OMG.
That was exactly my reaction.

"You're gonna' miss me so bad when I'm gone."