Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-11-2016, 04:04 AM
Elite Fan

"It´s hard out here for a General" {5x10: February 11th, 2016} Episode Discussion

“It's Hard out Here for a General” – It's been six months since Olivia and Fitz have broken up, and they are both handling their newfound freedom in very different ways. Meanwhile, the Pope and Associates team take on a case that could lead to a national crisis on the red-hot return of “Scandal,” THURSDAY FEBRUARY 11 (9:00-10:00 p.m. EST) on the ABC Television Network.

“Scandal” stars Kerry Washington as Olivia Pope, Guillermo Diaz as Huck, Darby Stanchfield as Abby Whelan, Katie Lowes as Quinn Perkins, Tony Goldwyn as President Fitzgerald Grant, Jeff Perry as Cyrus, Bellamy Young as First Lady Mellie Grant, Joshua Malina as David Rosen, Scott Foley as Jake Ballard, Portia De Rossi as Elizabeth North and Cornelius Smith Jr as Marcus Walker.

Guest cast TBA.

“It's Hard out Here for a General” was written by Severiano Canales and directed by Tom Verica.

Old 02-11-2016, 08:10 AM
Elite Fan

Can't wait!!

"You're gonna' miss me so bad when I'm gone."
Old 02-11-2016, 09:36 AM
Elite Fan

Only some hours!!!
Old 02-11-2016, 08:09 PM
Fan Forum Legend

First things first, it's so great to see Olivia back to taking charge of the Gladiator group as she is meant to do. Here playing housewife just was not working.

That Jake/Olivia scene at the beginning of the episode. Easily the hottest scene they ever shared...
Then of course here comes Huck.

I understand him being protective over her though. lol

I love Cyrus for calling Olivia to ask if Abby can handle the workwife... sadly that's what she will. No Mellie, no Olivia so it's gotta be Abby.
I love Abby for standing up for herself by telling Fitz she will not keep her company. That scene with Cyrus and Abby on the phone was hilarious. lol

Nice seeing Marcus still trying to fit in. Although it's sad that Huck doesn't want Quinn or him to grow close to him because he's normal, and should be protected.

Mellie Grant wrote a book. Okay! Should be good, that book looked huge.

Wow to Jake lying to Fitz about not talking with Olivia... I understand why though.

How surprising it was, Fitz couldn't answer the phone for Olivia. I was actually looking forward to the conversation.

I wish Jake would move on from Liv. I just feel so horribly for him. She just always distance herself from him. This makes me question who Olivia's real endgame will end up being.
For some reason their relationship reminds me of Spike/Buffy... minus the whole fighting each other phyically part. Spike loved Buffy, but she used him mostly for sex at first. It seems like the same for Jake/Olivia. He loves her, but she is still too emotional hurt over what happened with Fitz at the moment.

It's so bizarre to see Papa Pope and Jake working together again... well it's more weird how he sees Jake as his son and Olivia is his daughter. lol I guess they should just get married. lol
Old 02-11-2016, 08:21 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

Yeah, that Jake and Liv scene at the beginning was hot as hell! I'm suprised Fitz didn't take Liv's call either but we all know it won't last SSDD all over again zzz. I'd love to be wrong though, quit with the same routine but that's impossible at this point. Yeah, Abby is Fitz's new wet nurse. I hope she doesn't get sucked in for the sake of her character. Jake and Liv seem to just be about sex RIGHT NOW but they have never just been that before this episode They have also had an emotional bond and tie as well. Hell I think that was the point of when they were both about to walk out her room she held his hand then he put her hand on his face. So it's sex at the moment it seems but it's usually not just sex. It's a NEW dynamic. I'm sure where Liv is right now mentally is what made their relationship like that at the moment, she seems to want it rough like 50 Shades of Grey and Jake is obliging I guess but it's a first, it wasn't like that before. Personally I loved it and look forward to more, it was interesting to watch. Also, Jake is a G. I hate him being chummy with Rowan though. It's ridiculous and laughable cause Rowan has tried to kill him so many times since S3 and framed him but I see it as another pitiful way to keep Rowan around. Then again, I don't think Jake's heart is in it with Rowan. I think he is using him for an agenda.
Old 02-11-2016, 09:19 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I think Jake will accept anything with Olivia because he loves her and is hoping that one day she would want their relationship to be more than sex.
I think what happened with Fitz made her emotionally drained so she's trying to keep her distance.
Old 02-12-2016, 03:56 AM
Elite Fan

I couldn´t watched the episode yet. But for Fitz not taking Olivia´s call. I hope that sticks. However as Butterfly85 I don´t think that last.
Old 02-12-2016, 11:05 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Well obviously it isn't going to last. That scene was just to build up the suspense.
Old 02-12-2016, 11:25 AM
Master Fan

Is anybody else worried a Fitz/Abbie thing might be set up here? I mean for reasons I can't quite grasp women seem to be drawn to him. The fact that Abbie stood up for herself in a very Olivia fashion may have turned him on. IDK what to think, though anything would be better than Olitz for me.

I was indeed fearing everything was coming back to the same old same old, with Olivia using Jake as a sex toy and some new Hi - Hi, angsty phone call interaction between Fitz and Olivia, but thank God Shonda was better than that and Jake is actually being a villain while Olivia teams up with Mellie to get to power again. I actually should have hoped she'd team up with Mellie out of respect for her, as opposed to thirst for power, but hey, who cares at this point as long as they do work together.

Last edited by drunkalice; 02-12-2016 at 11:30 AM
Old 02-12-2016, 11:50 AM
Cardcaptor Queen

They are going to go with Fitz/Abby sooner or later, their scenes made that obvious. However, apparently there is this other woman that spoiled that she will be Fitz's new love intrest but maybe she is a short fling and he will really go after Abby. As for Jake, I also saw what he did as a way to go like "If you can't beat them, join them." Especially when Liv was power hungry controlling the Fitz ventroloquist dummy episodes ago and when she betrayed Jake by letting Rowan out all willy nilly. I feel Jake is USING Rowan's experience and smarts to get what he wants and is sitting silently by before he slits his throat.
Old 02-12-2016, 11:56 AM
Elite Fan

I´ve been thinking that they will go to the Abby/Fitz route since the end of 5A. I wonder how Olivia will react to this.
Old 02-12-2016, 03:22 PM
Elite Fan

Welcome back Scandal - I loved this episode. From the hot sex between Olake, Abby telling off POTUS, to Fitz appointing Jake to head of the NSA. Have to say I felt bad for Jake a few times because Olivia is treating him even worse than normal.

I'm tired of the Rowan story line, no matter what he's doing. He adds nothing to the show for me and I'd be happy for him to mysteriously disappear.

Poor Marcus is not fitting in with the rest of OPA. Huck won my heart back a little when he told Quinn that they can't be friends with him because he's normal and they have to protect him from them.

Olivia working with Mellie - gotta love it!!

"You're gonna' miss me so bad when I'm gone."
Old 02-12-2016, 04:34 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkalice (View Post)
Is anybody else worried a Fitz/Abbie thing might be set up here? I mean for reasons I can't quite grasp women seem to be drawn to him. The fact that Abbie stood up for herself in a very Olivia fashion may have turned him on. IDK what to think, though anything would be better than Olitz for me.

Indeed, I've been feeling that the writers would got this Abby/Fitz thing for a long time so I'm just waiting for it to happen because I expect it....
Agree for that scene when Abby stood up to him.
Old 02-13-2016, 04:31 AM
Master Fan

Oh okay so that wasn't just something I thought. I do admit I never did before this episode, maybe because Olivia was literally at the White House all the time.

Quote:
Have to say I felt bad for Jake a few times because Olivia is treating him even worse than normal.
Yeah it was really a sex slave treatment at this point which is why I wasn't surprised when Jake went and told him Fitz they weren't speaking. Technically they weren't.

Quote:
Poor Marcus is not fitting in with the rest of OPA. Huck won my heart back a little when he told Quinn that they can't be friends with him because he's normal and they have to protect him from them.
Something must be done though, I see what Huck means but I'm feeling bad for Marcus. When you work somewhere it's a huge part of your life, you must feel you fit in or you're done.
Old 02-13-2016, 09:55 AM
Elite Fan

Marcus is different than Harrison. He met Olivia a long time ago and he had gohst in his closet that MArcus doesn´t seem to have but who knows.