Every mash potato has made a total
of 7,500 posts in these threads alone!

The Threads Journey
The first thread opened 01/01/2014 at 08:43 PM
The first post was made by sourburst
The second post was made by Leelala
The third post was made by SophieSC

Testimonials
"I love that Bash is always there for Mary, he already bled for her and he would die for her.
And I love that Mary trust him and always ask him for help. And I love Bash is the one
who gets her. I love them. And they will always be my OTP." ~ Laura {CloisFan}

"I first fell in love with Mary and Sebastian in the pilot episode. When they first glanced at
each other I knew that they were the OTP of the show. Upon watching more episodes, I slowly
began getting involved with the characters. I fell in love with the innocence of their relationship
and the tentative of their interactions. Their chemistry was and still is ecstatic. So much so, it is
everything I desire in the 21st Century. However, this thread has helped my love grow, not
only for the characters, but also for the mash potatoes that post within the thread. When I first
mentioned mash potatoes I meant it as a joke, but after using it frequently it came to me that it
was more than that. An individual potato on its own has a lot of potential, but mash them together
and this is what we got. 25 threads of craziness for our beloveds. In essence, I am one proud mash
potato and I love each and every individual potato!" ~ Jade {sourburst}

"It's hard to really say when I first fell in love with Mary and Bash. I want to say that it was
the first time they ever locked eyes or when Bash stared at Mary while she twirled on the dance
floor; but, I think the true moment came when he told her that she was not alone. And at that
moment, I just saw Bash being this protector of her, her very own knight and shining armor. And
as I continued watching the show, I saw Bash become more things for her, such as her confidant,
a reason for her to light up, a person she could actually have fun with and someone who would
know the true her. Mary and Bash just have such a connection that can't really be described or
explained. They're kindred spirits, drawn to one other as they both are outsiders in the castle.
Seeing the way they interact and light up around one another, I can't help but fall in love with
them more and more. Also, if they could have sex and make beautiful babies, that would be pretty
great as well. So here's to 25 threads of mashed potatoes!" ~ Caroline {Endless Obsession ♥}

"Yay on 25 threads of Mary/Bash love! Congratulations everyone for making this possible.
And thank you to all those who have compiled and took charge of this celebration. Here's
to more celebrations in the future!" ~ Lindsay {Linds@y}

"As soon as I finished watching the pilot I knew I was a Mash shipper. The moment
that cemented it for me was the dance scene. Bash watches Mary as a free spirit and is immediately
captivated, realising she is not just a queen but much like himself, a bit of an outcast. Mary
finds his gaze and joyfully gazes back at him, Bash has all the looks and charm. So much being
said without words, she can already feel comfortable with him. Mary had a childhood love and
the rumour is Bash has always been a ladies man.. Nothing compares to the chemistry they
have, it burns like the sun! They flirt, they tease, they smile uncontrollably.. He will be her lion,
her knight in shining armour, the love of her life.. Royal Rebels forever!" ~ ? {Leelala}

"I don't know what it was that drew me to ship Mash.Maybe because from their first scene
you could see how comortable Mary was voicing her opinion infront of Bash and how he
was able to see even from their very first scene together that something was bothering
Mary. And before they had their first kiss and Bash was looking at her with such awe like
he was enchanted by her and when he said that it was unfathomable that Francis would ever
look somewhere else when he has her and the look Mary had it was like she was amazed
how anyone could like her for herself and in that moment something powerful drew her to
kiss this man and it was probably the first time she ever did something she wanted because
she has the same thirst for him that he has for her .Ultimately what I like about Mash is
there is no pretense or idelization or being forced together because of duty,they just enjoy
being in each other's company and I believe Bash will always be there for her and love her
when people around her use her for their own ambitions.Their love maybe a slow burn but
ultumately those are the love stroies that last:born from friendship and respect."~ ? {Silviq}

"It's weird, I was such a casual fan in the beginning. I didn't ship anyone! I was just along
for the ride. Everything changed, though, when Bash was all, "but your presence brings
light." So cheesy, but it got me started on Mash. I think it was a mixture of the chemistry
Mash had, and the fact that Bash was so willing to do something Francis refused to do. It
was only the beginning though, and look at me now. Too many Mash feelings!" ~ Ri {HiExist}

"I think my fascination with Mary and Bash started before the show even aired. From the first
'trailer' we got, I was already intrigued by Bash saying "You're not alone here". Their interactions
in the first two eps also showed a lot of potential. And while we haven't gotten as much of them
as I would have liked so far, I still can't wait to watch their relationship develop more in the upcoming
eps. As much as I love Mary and Bash, I've come to love the Mash Potatoes thread just as much.
Everyone here is so lovely and funny. You guys make this experience of watching the show that much
more enjoyable. I love coming here everyday and seeing all the crazy and funny stuff you guys post.
I hope we have many more threads of crazy Mash Potatoes to come!"~ Wendy {mockingjay}

"In the first scene with Mary and Bash together, Bash is rushing to keep Mary from entering
the woods after her dog. A small spark clicks for Bash when he realizes Mary is much more
than a royal, and a small spark clicks for Mary when his cheeky and protective personality
is revealed. They’ve noticed each other, as individuals who are different from the rest in the
castle. The next time they see each other, Mary and her ladies are twirling and whirling in
a wild and carefree dance at the wedding. When Mary pauses to catch her breath, she and
Bash lock eyes as if no one else is in the room and the sparks between them fly. The next
day Bash returns from the woods with Mary’s dog, and he tells her, and ever after shows her,
that she is not alone there. Thus begins the growth of reliance, friendship, trust, and gradually,
love that is Mash." ~ Kelly {LostSpace}

"From the moment Diane told Bash, "take care my brave son, or you will bleed for a girl
that will never be yours", I knew I was a goner for Mary and Bash. Forbidden love is my weakness.
From their first cheeky interaction to the longing looks across the dance room floor to Bash telling
Mary she wasn't alone, Mary and Bash stole my heart. I love that their connection seemed almost
instantaneous, and from then on they formed a bond, a friendship. A friendship that is continuing
to grow with more trust and understanding among the two. They can be themselves with each other,
no expectations or judgments. I'm excited to see their friendship grow into something more.
These two will have a bumpy road ahead of them, but I believe with a little faith and trust,
Mary and Bash can form a beautiful and genuine love for each other.” ~ Steph {dalejr89}

I was drawn to them right from the moment they met. I love Bash and Mary because they
represent the most juicy type of romance “forbidden love” - different groups of society that
are not suppose to develop any feelings towards each other, but somehow, they understand
each other completely, that inevitably brings them closer as the show moves on. Mary needs
someone like Bash who she can turn to when she needs support. They can be themselves
without judgment, or expectations. They have opposite lives and preferences, but at the same
time they are similar enough to work perfectly as a couple. Bash and Mary is a kind of couple
that doesn’t need huge scenes for us to feel the connection between the characters. The
chemistry is there, no words are even needed. I love how on the basis of their relationship is
friendship. As we all know the greatest relationships take time to build and explore. ~ Sophie {SophieSC}

I fell in love with them in the very first episode. I tried not to ship them at first, because
I knew Mary would eventually Marry Francis, but I couldn't help it in the end. Bash was so
sweet to Mary, and even though they shared very little scenes together their scenes made
me feel warm on the inside. They quickly become my OTP. And I regret nothing. I hope
their bond continues to grow. Mash forever! ~ Marie {Iquitefancyyou}
Icons

~ Credit to Jade {sourburst}

~ Credit to Tania {b4dark}

~ Credit to ? {wistfuldreamer}

Fanmix

001. | 002. | 003. | 004. | 005. | 006. | 007. | 008. | 009. | 010.
011. | 012. | 013. | 014. | 015. | 016. | 017. | 018. | 019. | 020.
021. | 022. | 023. | 024. | 025.

25 Reasons
Because they are so comfortable with each other.
Because he went into the woods for her.
Because she confides in and seeks comfort from him.
Because he loves her innocent smile.
Because she thinks he is cheeky.
Because they don't need to talk, they speak volumes with their eyes.
Because she kissed him first.
Because he wanted to kiss her first.
Because she trusts him.
Because he can't help but smile when he sees her.
Because she worries about him.
Because he can't stop staring at her.
Because he bled for her and would die for her.
Because when their eyes lock the whole world stops.
Because they understand one another.
Because Mary can depend on him.
Because their chemistry burns up the screen.
Because they are both outsiders in their own way.
Because he can't get her out of his mind.
Because she knows he will tell her the truth.
Because he is protective of her.
Because they have concern for the other.
Because they have a thirst for each other.
Because they ran away together.
AND FINALLY...
BECAUSE THEY ARE MASH POTATOES! WE CAN'T STOP AND WE WON'T STOP!

NOW SEX UP THE CELEBRATION MASH POTATOES

Last edited by sourburst; 01-19-2014 at 03:55 PM
Old 01-19-2014, 10:15 AM
Fan Forum Star

Congrats everyone! And enjoy the party!
Old 01-19-2014, 10:17 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Arrow

TFTNT Jade! .

Yay 25 Threads! .
M♥K Married (9-14-2023) Jin D-49,NJH D-149 OSW D-175, J-Hope D-176, Jinyoung-D-197 JK-D-414

Icon by me. Olicity, BTS, TxT, Enhypen, NJ, &Team, ZB1, CSW D-27 LDH D-385
Old 01-19-2014, 10:17 AM
Fan Forum Legend

so pretty!

happy 25th thread to everyone
Old 01-19-2014, 10:18 AM
Dedicated Fan

YAYYY omg we made it! TFTNT!

Mash Potato Power!
Old 01-19-2014, 10:19 AM
Fan Forum Hero

TFTNT Congrats everyone!!!

Party time!!!
Old 01-19-2014, 10:19 AM
Fan Forum Star

Everyone's icons have dissapeared are people changing?
Old 01-19-2014, 10:20 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourburst (View Post)
Everyone's icons have dissapeared are people changing?
HAHA it was the first thing I did

Mash Potato Power!
Old 01-19-2014, 10:20 AM
Dedicated Fan

LOL at the title.

Icon by: sourburst
Old 01-19-2014, 10:21 AM
Fan Forum Legend

i think i'll be using several of them, love them all
Old 01-19-2014, 10:21 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I think so
Old 01-19-2014, 10:22 AM
Extreme Fan

TFTNT, Jade! It's awesome! 25!!!!

icon: sourburst
Old 01-19-2014, 10:23 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow_handss (View Post)
LOL at the title.
Yep yep! We are Mash potatoes! *throws out peace sign*

Mash Potato Power!
Old 01-19-2014, 10:24 AM
Ultimate Fan

[tiptoes into the thread] Just had to come in here and say "omg the title" [tiptoes out of the thread]

I love you because you're my best friend
J&M
and I want to grow old with you.
Old 01-19-2014, 10:26 AM
Fan Forum Star