Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-10-2014, 10:36 AM
Master Fan

Cat helped her realize that it was really her choice and that she didn't have to let the other's interests or the thought of who she might hurt influence her decision

Toby Regbo
Old 08-10-2014, 02:28 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotDoneAbusingYou (View Post)
I loved it when Mary was all like "...she let me choose." like she only picked him cause Catherine okayed it. LOL Like ok Catherine is allowing me to make my own choice...must listen to Catherine.
Well, I guess it was a shock to Mary considering how much time Cat had spent pushing her away from Francis.

But in the end, Catherine didn't do anything to help her decide. She simply helped Mary see what her decision was without any of the other factors (politics, hurt feelings, prophecies) clouding her judgement. She made Mary think the decision had been made for her, and in that moment, Mary knew what her actual decision was.

I love that White Blank Page.
Old 08-10-2014, 03:31 PM
Master Fan

I love how the two women are plotting plottig plotting (mostly against each other) and Francis is always there like "what? what's going on? We no friends anymore?"

RoseBennett
Old 08-11-2014, 06:29 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by confessor_meggy (View Post)
I love how the two women are plotting plottig plotting (mostly against each other) and Francis is always there like "what? what's going on? We no friends anymore?"
yeeah, poor Francis with his 2 stubborn queens
Old 08-11-2014, 07:35 AM
Master Fan

Francis I can't wait for more OT3 scenes in the new season

Toby Regbo
Old 08-11-2014, 05:56 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by firewall (View Post)
Well, I guess it was a shock to Mary considering how much time Cat had spent pushing her away from Francis.

But in the end, Catherine didn't do anything to help her decide. She simply helped Mary see what her decision was without any of the other factors (politics, hurt feelings, prophecies) clouding her judgement. She made Mary think the decision had been made for her, and in that moment, Mary knew what her actual decision was.

I love that White Blank Page.
She didn't do anything help her decide, but she let her decide. Instead of trying to talk her into or force her into choosing Francis. Catherine was taking a serous chance at giving her a choice too. She very well could have chosen Bash. No matter if she loved him more or not. She could have chosen him out of fear or just not wanting to go back on such a big decision.
Old 08-11-2014, 08:32 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
She didn't do anything help her decide, but she let her decide. Instead of trying to talk her into or force her into choosing Francis. Catherine was taking a serous chance at giving her a choice too. She very well could have chosen Bash. No matter if she loved him more or not. She could have chosen him out of fear or just not wanting to go back on such a big decision.
OK, so she "let" her decide by not trying to persuade her. I also think Catherine is a keen observer. She knew that Mary would choose Francis. She knew that by not trying to persuade Mary, she was helping her cause more than if she tried to manipulate or persuade Mary into a particular choice.
Old 08-12-2014, 04:36 AM
Elite Fan

Of course she knew that I don't know how she is doing that but Cat knows everything and I think she/and Marrie de Guise was/were more sure in the fact that Mary is going to marry Francis than Mary or Francis were she knew that their love was strong enough and that she was the only obstacle and the reason Mary decided to begin with all the Bash story, and now with her supporting their relationship it was clear Mary will choose Francis.
Old 08-12-2014, 06:11 AM
Master Fan

Well, they've already been through that stage of their life, although none of them was as wealthy and powerful as Mary is in her teenage years.

RoseBennett
Old 08-12-2014, 09:51 AM
Master Fan

The moms knew best

Toby Regbo
Old 08-12-2014, 09:14 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center

that is one of my fav Catherine/Mary scenes. One of the only times that Catherine acts as a mother would when it comes to Mary.
Old 08-12-2014, 09:19 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by reign_demedicifan (View Post)
Of course she knew that I don't know how she is doing that but Cat knows everything and I think she/and Marrie de Guise was/were more sure in the fact that Mary is going to marry Francis than Mary or Francis were she knew that their love was strong enough and that she was the only obstacle and the reason Mary decided to begin with all the Bash story, and now with her supporting their relationship it was clear Mary will choose Francis.
Yes I realize Catherine knew Mary loved Francis more but I repeat the second part of what I said before:

"She very well could have chosen Bash. No matter if she loved him more or not. She could have chosen him out of fear or just not wanting to go back on such a big decision."

She could have been afraid to go back on it because of pressure from others or because of Henry. (I'm actually surprised he wasn't super pissed she went back to Francis after all she put him through) Or even though it was obvious to everyone else she could have momentarily thought she loved Bash more (Mostly because of Francis being gone so long) I mean after all, she was put on the spot, she had to decide very quickly.
Old 08-13-2014, 10:45 AM
Master Fan

I don't think Catherine even thought for a second that Mary would have chosen Bash if she could be with Francis without the fear for the prophecy

Toby Regbo
Old 08-13-2014, 12:31 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Yes I realize Catherine knew Mary loved Francis more but I repeat the second part of what I said before: "She very well could have chosen Bash. No matter if she loved him more or not. She could have chosen him out of fear or just not wanting to go back on such a big decision." She could have been afraid to go back on it because of pressure from others or because of Henry. (I'm actually surprised he wasn't super pissed she went back to Francis after all she put him through) Or even though it was obvious to everyone else she could have momentarily thought she loved Bash more (Mostly because of Francis being gone so long) I mean after all, she was put on the spot, she had to decide very quickly.
True, Mary could have made a decision that had nothing to do with love, but that's why the simplicity of the White Blank Page was so effective. It not only have Mary free choice, but it also gave her perspective. It helped her to realize that she was letting guilt cloud her judgment.

Catherine handed her that paper, letting her believe the Vatican has made a decision about Bash's legitimization. Mary was scared to open it because she was afraid it would grant him legitimation, giving her no clear "out." She wanted the Vatican to deny him so that she could use it as en excuse. But seeing that the Vatican hadn't decided, have Mary clarity about why she was hesitating and why she should no longer do so.

I also think there was an implication that Mary herself could lie to Bash and use that blank page to let him down easy, but she chose honesty instead.
Old 08-13-2014, 02:11 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by st99 (View Post)
I don't think Catherine even thought for a second that Mary would have chosen Bash if she could be with Francis without the fear for the prophecy
I also think so.

Sure, Mary could have made a mistake and choose Bash because of fear that Francis may not accept and love her, but she is stubborn and she loved Francis too much to give up on him and the opportunity to marry him
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top