Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-15-2017, 06:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

Royal Siblings | Mary & James Stuart #1: "We are all the family we have. And I am on your side."

w e l c o m e
to the 1st
MARY & JAMES STUART
a p p r e c i a t i o n ~ t h r e a d

| S u p p o r t e r s
01. kerbear28
02. sourburst
03. ask to be added

| P a s t ~ T h r e a d s
01 | 02 | 03 | 04

| F u t u r e ~ T i t l e s
->

Last edited by NotDoneAbusingYou; 03-30-2017 at 03:24 PM
kerbear28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 09:32 PM
Master Fan

Thanks Keri, it looks great. I think you'll have to give me a crash course on how to open a thread one day soon.
Old 03-16-2017, 06:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

You're welcome. I thought this brother/sister duo deserved a thread.

I'm not a great teacher, but I'll do my best to show you how to open, close, stick (top) and unstick threads. For now, I'll PM you some instructions, and the next time we need a new thread, you can practice. I know you'll catch on quick. It's not hard at all.

Has anyone seen a good gif set or art featuring Lord Darnley? I want to open a Will/Darnley thread, but I can't find anything I like.
Old 03-18-2017, 01:58 PM
Master Fan

I can maybe make something.
Old 03-18-2017, 06:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

That would be great, Amanda. If you have time. Someone else might still make something cool from this last episode. ReignSource already posted a gif set of Lord Taylor challenging Darnley to the boxing match. That might work. It would nice to have a more general edit or gif set. Everything else I've seen focuses on Darnley/Mary.

There was some good Mary/James moments in this episode. I thought it was great that Mary was willing to let James stop his seduction of Emily Knox when he told her it was getting too dangerous. I also like how they worked together to help Darnley prepare for his fight.
Old 03-30-2017, 03:04 PM
Fan Forum Star

please add me
Old 03-30-2017, 03:25 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourburst (View Post)
please add me
Done
Old 03-30-2017, 09:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

Jade! I'm so happy that they have a least two supporters. I just love how protective James is of his sister. I'm praying that he can remain loyal to her.
Old 03-31-2017, 03:19 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thank you

And he seems so dodgy though
Old 04-01-2017, 03:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

Yeah, James is a bit dodgy. I'm sure his motivations are not entirely pure. But I LOVED how protective he was of his sister in this last episode!

"...If you betray my sister again, you will pay with your life."

"I suppose I should be thankful I have a brother who cares enough to worry about me."

Future thread titles?

James has been through a lot since Darnley showed up. His position at court is threatened and now he has to give up his lands, title, and trade routes to Darnley, too. YIKES. It was sweet that Mary worked so hard to make it right, though. She even strolled right into a tavern where men were playing poker to negotiate for new trade routes.

I just love that James was the one to track Darnley down and catch him in bed with Keira. It was awkward and PRICELESS.

I love this. SO SO MUCH.

Old 04-02-2017, 04:55 AM
Master Fan

That is such a great picture.
Old 04-02-2017, 06:19 AM
Part-Time Fan

That picture is hilarious!

And I love Mary and James, they have a sweet fun sibling dynamic. He really is the big brother trying to protect her from the big bad boyfriends of the world And she's trying to do everything she can to make the situation right for him too.

And that comment about how she has horrible taste in men Guess that was just foreshadowing since it's not like Mary had even met Bothwell yet lol. Itw as funny though, such a big brother type thing to say.

I also like how Mary can sense now when he's not telling her the whole truth for her own good. I'm worried for the future though...it's hard to push history out of my head. I feel like something is going to happen and he's going to be gone for a while.
Scottish_Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 06:53 AM
New Fan

What do you think of mary having to take some of james lands to give to darnley. I think she had to give him land and if she took from anybody else there would be protest and rebellion but james is her brother and so he knows why she is doing it and knows she will make it up to him and wont rebel because he wants his sister on the throne
yosefcoleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 07:39 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by yosefcoleman (View Post)
What do you think of mary having to take some of james lands to give to darnley. I think she had to give him land and if she took from anybody else there would be protest and rebellion but james is her brother and so he knows why she is doing it and knows she will make it up to him and wont rebel because he wants his sister on the throne
I agree, I think she didn't really have a choice and James while not happy seemed to understand on some level. I really appreciated that she did everything she could to make it up to him. She definitely needs to work on her negotiation skills

I also agree that if she had taken them from anyone else it would have caused even more of an uproar with the nobles. Plus, those lands were specifically the old Lennox lands so restoring them to Darnley, helps ease the stigma of his father being a traitor. I wonder if we are ever going to see Darnley's father? Darnely seemed to imply that he was alive.
Scottish_Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 12:39 PM
New Fan

Mary does indeed need to work on negotiating skills. And Darnley's father was indeed alive at the time as he served as the regent for James VI after James, Mary's brother was assassinated until he himself was assassinated a year later.
yosefcoleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread