Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-25-2015, 01:36 AM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center

I am so glad that we got back to some of the neglected portions of the cast finally like Leith/Greer and Kennash. I have missed them I really wish they would start balancing the cast screen time on this show.
One Thing Remains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 12:59 PM
Master Fan

I don't know why they insist in having such a large cast if they're not going to use them all

Toby Regbo โ™ฅ
Regbo Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 01:24 PM
Master Fan

It takes a lot to balance such a large cast. Not many writers can do it all the time. It is odd that they took away two regulars and replaced them with four new ones and doesn't use everyone.

- Captain Frederick Wentworth, Persuasion, Chapter 23
Scarlet|tumblr|Twitter|FF.net
ScarletCourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 01:31 AM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center

Maybe as the seasons go on they will get better at balancing.
Old 01-27-2015, 04:51 AM
Master Fan

Old 01-27-2015, 05:33 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletCourt (View Post)
It takes a lot to balance such a large cast. Not many writers can do it all the time. It is odd that they took away two regulars and replaced them with four new ones and doesn't use everyone.
Well, first of all, don't bring new characters to begin with. I mean adding Sean, Craig and Rose as regulars? Not a really good idea because people like Jonathan have to suffer the consequences as far as screentime goes.

You guys are talking about the other (like Kennash, Leith) having more screentime, while I'm happy for them, it means that someone like Lola will have to less. They don't know how to balance the screentime. They keep adding regulars AND recurrings. That's one of the reasons why the show lack consistency...

"์•„ ์•„๊นŒ๋Š” ๋ชป ๋ฐ›์•„์„œ ๋ฏธ์•ˆํ•ด
์นœ๊ตฌ๋ฅผ ๋งŒ๋‚˜๋Š๋ผ
shy shy shy
Maud&Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 06:18 AM
Master Fan

If Sean, Craig and Rose were all brought in as recurring and Jonathan remained a recurring, AND they told the Catholic/Protestant story from the perspective of those characters we'd already grown to love, this show would be much better in S2.

They still could have done Lola/Narcisse. They still could have made Castleroy protestant. Monde still could be where they are at, just with many fewer scenes. Part of the problem is the emphasis on which characters that is causing disparity.

Old 01-28-2015, 12:31 PM
Master Fan

I agree Giving so much screentime to the new characters that we still didn't know was a mistake and it caused a lot of people to not like them too much because of that. For example, I liked Condรฉ in the first couple of episodes but then he started to appear in almost every scene and I got tired of him

Toby Regbo โ™ฅ
Regbo Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 03:13 AM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center

It seems like since we got back from the break they are balancing better. I have gotten to see more Kenna, Bash, Kennash, Leith, & Greer. I am pretty happy with that.

We are still seeing a lot of Conde. He doesn't bother me though. I don't love him, but I don't hate him. I am completely neutral on his character. He's like the male version of Lola for me. I could take them or leave them. Their storylines don't particularly interest me, except for the way that they accent the Frary storyline.

Narcisse I do like. He's just one of those characters that you love to hate because he's so dubious Lately we have been getting a lot of Francis butt kissing out of Naricisse and I have to say that I hope it doesn't stay that way. I don't necessarily want Narcisse to have any power over Francis or control him like a puppet, but I don't want him kissing Francis' butt all the time either.

But that being said I do hope that they start giving all the stars equal time on the show.
Old 01-31-2015, 03:21 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by keroppi (View Post)
It seems like since we got back from the break they are balancing better. I have gotten to see more Kenna, Bash, Kennash, Leith, & Greer. I am pretty happy with that.
Yeah, though Narcisse and Lola's screentime has certainly decreased... so much for balancing.

"์•„ ์•„๊นŒ๋Š” ๋ชป ๋ฐ›์•„์„œ ๋ฏธ์•ˆํ•ด
์นœ๊ตฌ๋ฅผ ๋งŒ๋‚˜๋Š๋ผ
shy shy shy
Maud&Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 04:44 AM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center

I was just making a point that they were starting to integrate more of the regular cast members into the episodes. Hopefully they will continue this trend and add more regular cast members to the list such as Lola.

As far as Naricisse goes he had a HUGE amount of screen time in the first half so I don't think it's a big deal if he sits out for a few episodes.
Old 01-31-2015, 11:58 PM
Master Fan

I want to see where the new, major plot shifts move first before I comment, but I was surprised by the latest turn of events.

Old 02-02-2015, 12:42 AM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center

I am definitely enjoying the new episodes They are not as dark as before the hiatus. Plus I like the current storylines much better than the protestant one. I didn't hate that storyline or anything, but it was so dark and lasted a really long time.
Old 02-02-2015, 05:10 AM
Master Fan

The protestant storyline not only lasted incredibly long, but a lot of it just involved two new characters rather than the entire ensemble and the storylines had our protagonists from S1 constantly being under the thumb of one of the new characters and nothing our protagonists did made a difference. That A) didn't make us love the new protagonists, B) used ridiculous plot points to achieve the goal and C) made it really dark. It often left us depressed at the end of each episode because that was not the tone sold to us in S1.

Old 02-02-2015, 05:18 AM
Master Fan

Season 2A was a fiasco as far as I'm concerned, Reign isn't a show that can afford to be serious. I'm confident 2B will get better. These past episodes after the break were old fashioned Reign.