Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-03-2014, 10:18 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
I thought it was dark from the get go. Not counting the Pilot (which I didn't like), most eps are generally okay for me. And I like that the show is not afraid to go there and that's why 1x07 is one of my favorites.
I actually prefer that episode because its so dark. The threat of violence and take-over are so interesting and so real to the time. That period of history was full of violent upheavals.
ds44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 11:01 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by warangel88 (View Post)
however I do think they need slow down the angst a bit as well. I mean the whole they are good terms one ep, and bad terms on the next ep is bit tiring as well.
The constant going back/forth between Francis/Mary is really annoying. I don't even ship them but I'd rather they just be happy for a few episodes than keep going back and forth.
Caroline ♥ Katie (Hello from the other side)
Endless Obsession ♥ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 11:04 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Obsession ♥ (View Post)
The constant going back/forth between Francis/Mary is really annoying. I don't even ship them but I'd rather they just be happy for a few episodes than keep going back and forth.
They keep doing that to feed hope for the triangle and they shouldn't bother, but I actually am a sucker for angst so it doesn't bother me too much. But, if it keeps going for another 10 episodes, I'll be irritated.
Old 01-03-2014, 11:12 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44 (View Post)
They keep doing that to feed hope for the triangle and they shouldn't bother, but I actually am a sucker for angst so it doesn't bother me too much. But, if it keeps going for another 10 episodes, I'll be irritated.
I definitely understand that. But take, TVD, for example, SE were happy for 3 seasons while still playing up the relationship between DE and keeping the love triangle alive. Literally, F/M want to be together, then are torn apart, back together, apart, etc. Either keep them together or don't. But that's just me.
Old 01-03-2014, 11:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
I definitely understand that. But take, TVD, for example, SE were happy for 3 seasons while still playing up the relationship between DE and keeping the love triangle alive. Literally, F/M want to be together, then are torn apart, back together, apart, etc. Either keep them together or don't. But that's just me.
No, I agree but I felt I understand why they aren't fully together. First they were steal feeling each other out. also their external forces are intriguing to me. The only arc that bothered me was the Olivia/Bash debacle.
Old 01-04-2014, 03:24 AM
Ultimate Fan

^ that one was such a train wreck.

I love you because you're my best friend
J&M
and I want to grow old with you.
LostInTheSun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 02:39 PM
Elite Fan

The pacing of the show is ridiculous, but at least it keeps it from getting boring. I mean, I thought the entire first season would build to Mary winning Francis over and that happened in episode 2.
Old 01-05-2014, 01:24 AM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center

so far I am really loving this season. I love the music, the characters, the outfits, and most of the story lines. I didn't really care for the Kenna/King storyline only because I was afraid it would go exactly the way it did. Poor Kenna

I am so excited for the new eps I am hoping we get more info on Clarissa, find out what happened to Olivia, see what Mary and Bash have been up to since they left, learn more about the pagans, see how Francis is dealing with the heart break, and find out more about the royal family. There is so much stuff going on with this show that I can't ever imagine getting bored
One Thing Remains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 12:09 PM
Elite Fan

I do feel bad for Kenna even though she's kind of annoying. Out of all of them she's acting the most like a teenager in love, which is what she is. I hope she moves on from the King soon.
Old 01-05-2014, 01:59 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by firewall (View Post)
I do feel bad for Kenna even though she's kind of annoying. Out of all of them she's acting the most like a teenager in love, which is what she is. I hope she moves on from the King soon.
Yeah I think she's just really naive like many young girls are at that age. You find this handsome king who claims he wants you and will make you his new mistress, it's hard not to fall for that. At least she wanted for him to commit before she had sex.
Old 01-05-2014, 09:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Yeah I think she's just really naive like many young girls are at that age. You find this handsome king who claims he wants you and will make you his new mistress, it's hard not to fall for that. At least she wanted for him to commit before she had sex.
In a way that kind of reminds me of Ann Boyln in The Other Boyln Sister. How she refused to sleep with the king until he found a way to divorce.

April
Drunk On You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 09:53 PM
Fan Forum Star

isn't that true with the real Anne Boleyn. Even Jane Seymour (Henry's third wife)?

warangel88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 09:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by warangel88 (View Post)
isn't that true with the real Anne Boleyn. Even Jane Seymour (Henry's third wife)?
I believe so. Not sure about jane Seymour.

April
Old 01-05-2014, 09:57 PM
Fan Forum Star

But honestly I don't find any romance with Henry to be that great or epic.

Still unless Kenna wises up, and quit demanding stuff. I don't see much of a future for her.

warangel88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 09:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Me either.

April
Reply   Post New Thread