Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-30-2018, 05:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

REIGN REWATCH #1: Season 3, Episode 7 - The Horse and the Hound - May 31, 2018

REIGN REWATCH
Season 3: Episode 7 - The Horse and the Hound

MARY MUST DECIDE WHO SHE CAN TRUST — When Prince Don Carlos of Spain visits France, Mary uncovers a dark secret he is hiding and enlists in Catherine to advise her on how to handle. When Gideon, the new ambassador from English court arrives, suspicions arise about what his true intentions are, while Bash’s pursuit of the mysterious killer comes to a head at Greer’s tavern.

REMEMBER...
* Be respectful of other posters. Not everyone is going to agree or have the same views. Discussions are encouraged, but please keep things civil
* No actor bashing
*Double posting is allowed during the rewatch
* Most importantly, HAVE FUN!

Last edited by kerbear28; 05-30-2018 at 06:54 PM
kerbear28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 01:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks!
Old 05-31-2018, 07:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

Phew! Went out to dinner with some friends after work, so I started my rewatch a little late. Here we go...

Round 1 of my random thoughts:

- "You loved Francis. I've known you for days, and nothing is clearer." Ah Don Carlos, you were off to such a promising start. So perceptive and charming.
- "As long as I am in power, you will have an ally in France." And we go straight to Matherine.
- He's not Francis.
- Ha! They can't even vote on when to take a vote. That's government for you.
- Catherine is so sassy with the privy council and I love it!
- And now Catcisse flirting. Oh, Narcisse, you know you didn't regret that "mistake" for a second. Wow, offering him the position of Lord Chancelor is a big step... I guess it's worth the risk in order to secure the regency.
- Christophe lurking in the shadows. So many signs pointed to him being a creep. He is hot, though...
- "It's amazing how you take me without any care for my station." YES, yes it is, Catherine. And it a giant red flag!!!! Yet... it's still hot.
- Mary and Gideon off to a rocky start.
- "My God, you are quite beautiful. Between you and Elizabeth, I don't know who is the more stunning." Smooth, Gideon. Real smooth. I have to agree with you, though.
- "And by all means, quote me on that." Nicely done, Queen.
- And a little blackmail sends Don Carlos packing. Poor Mary is so confused. I suppose he's right, though... she's not really ready for another man's love.
- Eww Bash and Delphine in bed.
- "I lost my brother, my friend, and my king all at once. I don't need to be told how that feels." I appreciated this moment. This was the closest we came to really seeing Bash mourn Francis.
- Another crime scene. Ick.
- Francis' organs. Such a gross tradition, though.
- Mary being comforted by her ladies.
- Oh, Lola. She doesn't know that Narcisse has already broken the vow he made to her. And he has the nerve to act all hurt and insulted because she doesn't trust him around Catherine. On the other hand, if Lola knew her husband at all she would know that he could NEVER give up the opportunity for more power.
Old 05-31-2018, 07:24 PM
Master Fan

This episode was one if the best in S3. It was so crazy. I don't even know where to start. From the ridiculous game to Christiphe's shenanigans, to that whopper of a cliff hanger....
Old 05-31-2018, 08:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

It really is a doozy of an episode. Very entertaining.

Round 2:
- I totally get Mary's hesitation about the game. On the surface it does seem rather odd and a bit degrading. But, Catherine is right. Mary needs to show Don Carlos that she's willing to try.
- Oh, Mary notices that something is up with the prince's luggage. "Well done," Catherine says. She has taught her daughter well.
- Greer could be the killer's next target! I love seeing Bash looking out for her. Greer is so courageous - wanting to help stop the killer once and for all.
- Mary offers to play the game. Very clever. Don Calos is intrigued, and back to being charming and mysterious. He's obviously hiding something, but he can still flirt.
- Aww Leith is there to help protect Greer and her girls.
- Don Carlos explaining the rules of the game, and Catherine putting on her amazing mink-lined boots. NICE. "Well, if I have to run, I'm going to look good doing it." I'm with you 100% Catherine.
- I had almost forgotten Gideon's part in trying to chase Don Carlos away...
- And they're off!! Catherine running like a Queen. And meeting Christophe! Taking her right there in the trees... my goodness the boy is reckless and BRAZEN. Even Catherine is questioning what exactly he wants. He's still hot, though.
- These shots of Mary in the woods are SO STUNNING! And that smile. Beautiful.
- Poor Mary spraining her ankle.
- OF COURSE Narcisse happens upon Catherine and Christophe...
- Some sparks fying between Mary and Gideon. Ugh, this was so upsetting a first. It was too soon. But I have to admit this scene in the woods is cute. Mary being annoyed and protesting as he just picks her up and carries her off. "You're light as a feather, I swear." Mary was right not to trust him, but his advice in this case was sound. Don Carlos is not the answer to her problems.
- Aww a little Greith! I love how mature they are. When she finds out about Claude, she is genuinely happy that he has found someone special. And he just wants her to have happiness, too. "Life is full of surprises, and what we make of them is up to us." Hmmm a little foreshadowing of the twist that's to come in Greer's story?
- Narcisse just walking right into Catherine's chambers. MY GOODNESS she looks so adorable and sexy in that nightgown! That coy little smile. She relishes taunting him with her servant boy. "I SAID TAKE."
Old 05-31-2018, 09:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

Round 3:
- And we're back to the hunt for the killer. They did a great job of making everything look extra spooky in this scene. The fog, the scary hooded figures. I definitely wanted to scream at Greer, "NO!! DON'T GO OUTSIDE!!!" when she went off to return Leith's cloak. Thank God she wasn't the intended victim. When it ended up being Delphine...I didn't know whether to feel sorry for the girl, or afraid of her.
- And Greer's secret is revealed. She's pregnant! Did you all like this storyline for Greer as a way to include Celina's real-life pregnancy? I really like Martin, and sweet baby Rose. But it was hard to see THREE of Mary's ladies become pregnant after (essentially) one-night stands with men they didn't love, when Mary couldn't have the child she so desparately wanted with Francis. It seems so cruel.
- Don Carlos introducing Mary to the "sex horse." Oh my. He does make a compelling argument. But after what she shared with Francis, I don't think Mary could have settled for a marriage like that.
- Oh Bash... no matter how much you try to sell it, I will NEVER buy that you and Delphine are some great love worth risking everything for. But the part about Bash getting hurt every time he opened himself up was probably true. Poor boy.
- Catherine being accused of poisoning Francis. How generous of Narcisse to offer himself up as regent in her place. What a snake.
- "Queens are not so easily undone. You taught me that."
- Even when her own life hangs in the balance, Catherine is still thinking about how she can help Mary.
- Clever idea to blindfold Don Carlos, and then the fun begins. Catherine's face as she whips him is PRICELESS! And poor Mary is so uncomfortable.
- "We've broken the prince of Spain!"
- And finally that cliffhanger... Don Carlos is alive, but where did he go??? How will Matherine get out of this one? Once again, Megan and Adelaide took something that could have been ridiculous and campy, and made it utterly brilliant.
Old 05-31-2018, 10:15 PM
Master Fan

I love all the Matherine in this ep.
Catherine pledgeing her allegiance to Mary melted my heart.
Then her immediate understanding why Mary didn't want to play the game.
"Well done." She's so proud of her baby girl
"If I'm going to run I'm going to look good doing it"
Her knowing her ass was grass but wanting to help Mary first.
"...you taught me that." Awwwww
The sheer look of annoyance when Mary attempts dirty talk was, and still is one of the funniest things ever.
Did you really think trying to touch tbe blood was a good idea Catherine? But still cute how she tried to protect Mary from seeing it.
How Mary had to yank Catherine back in the room.
"What do we do now?" That look. Those two don't even need to talk to make me laugh.

Delphine I still want you to go away. And they never did explain her connection to the killer aka Christophe. And how exactly did Bash fall for her anyway. She's just weird.

Don Carlos, you a freak.

Narcisse is not a happy camper.

Greer's story bored me by this time in the season.
Old 06-01-2018, 10:26 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

forgot to watch this time but will do as soon as I can
Old 06-01-2018, 08:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

Haha that's ok, Rita. I can't wait to hear your thoughts when you get the chance to watch.
Old 06-02-2018, 08:15 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

I did!

Don Carlos is such a mess! I don't find anything wrong with the sex horse, but I could never forgive him for how he'd treated Elizabeth so I can't feel for him. He should be away from Mary!

I know that Narcisse only demonstrated his dark side in this episode, but yeah, that so turns me on! He's such a master at what he does!
Old 06-02-2018, 07:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

Yeah, what Don Carlos did to Elizabeth was pretty horrible. And then he was pretty much bragging about it to Mary! He can be charming, but we all know that he will show his true colors soon enough.

Narcisse is the WORST, but I'll admit that his dark side turns me on, too. Maybe that's partly why I forgive him for WAY more than I should.