Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-16-2018, 02:38 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

is this aimed at people who have not been joining in with the rewatches or everyone?
Old 05-16-2018, 05:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

Everyone and anyone, Rita. We're so glad you've been joining us for the rewatches! If you have any ideas about how we can promote them more effectively or make them better, let us know. Do Thursdays still work for you?

I'll check with Amanda about tomorrow.... We may skip this week to see if we want to make any changes before we start up again.
Old 05-17-2018, 11:25 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

Personally I don't mind which day it is if we're watching in our own time anyway. I'm not crazy about Season 3 but I do think I should watch it once when I'm paying attention and not just mourning Francis.

I don't have other ideas, apart from maybe doing history sessions where we compare real life with the show. I know that has been done here and there but not in a systematic manner.
Old 05-17-2018, 07:19 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

^ Exactly. Season 3 was really rough for me the first time around. It was painful to watch the show without Francis, and Mary trying to move forward. But once I got past my grief, I really appreciated it. All of the Matherine moments in particular were pure GOLD.

I don't remember us ever doing history sessions like that here on the board... at least nothing organized. I know the "real history" of the show was part of many of the discussions here. It would be really fun to do something official - or maybe some sort of trivia game? I'm a history nerd, but I have no idea how we could set that up. I'm open to anything.
Old 05-18-2018, 10:51 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

trivia sounds good, it could became basis for discussion
Old 05-20-2018, 09:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

Cool. I'll try to think about how we could set that up, and what kind of questions we could ask. The episode trivia games were always a BLAST.

Well, I really didn't get any response at all to my inquiries here on the board about the rewatches. Amanda and Rita, since it's us three who have been participating regularly... do you ladies want to continue it? If so, is there anything you want to change or adjust? OR we could just come up with the next board activity to promote - like historical Reign trivia, another survivor, etc.
Old 05-21-2018, 12:18 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

I don't mind continuing as is, and we can still do both.
Old 05-21-2018, 04:01 PM
Master Fan

Agreed. We can do both. Hopefully we can come up with a better way to get people to participate, but until then we can keep going as is.
Old 05-21-2018, 06:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

Sounds good. I'm still in. Let's plan on rewatching 3x06 this Thursday, the 24th. Amanda, whenever you get a chance to make a promo edit, I'll post it.