Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-03-2017, 04:34 AM
Master Fan

Narcisse never stopped wanting to avenge her. It wasn't sudden at all.

Why on earth would you count the hiatus? What are we supposed to learn if the show isn't on? I barely even count it as four because as I said, the first episode was one scene.

It still shows two approaches to queenship. Mary and Elizabeth may have similar things happen, but they deal with tbem differently. Which is sort of the point.

Spoiler:

But tbey did have a gay character. Rizzio. And Henry was never proven to be gay. It has been long debated and it's entirely possible that he wasn't. Back then any crossdresser would have been labeled as gay.

Agree about Bothwell

Darnley could easily have syphilis with tbe wat he sleeps around. Yes it takes years to turn a man mad, but who knows how long he may have had it, maybe even before he met Mary.

We don't know the servant was reporting to Narcisse. She may have had nothing to do with Gideon's death.
Old 06-03-2017, 04:56 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Why on earth would you count the hiatus? What are we supposed to learn if the show isn't on? I barely even count it as four because as I said, the first episode was one scene.
Why wouldn't I? I've known the character for a while before learning something that is relevant for and to him.

Quote:
But tbey did have a gay character. Rizzio.
A passing piece of information that was just sitting there, and probably only because Rizzio was likely to be a homosexual irl. Reign has never shown gay men "activity" but it didn't shy away from having two women kiss in the context of a threesome. Having seen the exact same thing on Gossip Girl, which had a least two gay characters with a partner who were never even shown kissing them but did let two girls kiss during a threesome, I'm just sensing a pattern.

Quote:
And Henry was never proven to be gay.
Yeah, I said that.

Quote:
Spoiler:
I hope so, tbh.

Quote:
We don't know the servant was reporting to Narcisse. She may have had nothing to do with Gideon's death.
I think she was because Narcisse needed to know if Elizabeth cared about anyone, she could have passed him information and she could have poisoned Gideon for him. I might be wrong but so far it makes sense.
Old 06-03-2017, 06:50 AM
New Fan

I agree that it was a bit out of left field Narcisse suddenly wanting to avenge Lola in this way. Although I never really bought the whole him being a completely different person for Lola thing in the first place. Catherine does deserve better but I can't help eating another hot scene for Megan before the end. It must have been traumatising seeing your wife's head chopped off but honestly even when he was with Lola he was very easily seduced by Catherine. I hope we see John before the end.

I also wish they had shown Henri as being gay. I know in RL it's not confirmed that he was, only rumours but it would have made his character more interesting especially his relationship with Catherine.

I really don't think the show will be able to redeem itself in two episodes, in looking forward to seeing them though.
Opheliac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 10:25 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Although I never really bought the whole him being a completely different person for Lola thing in the first place.
Quote:
honestly even when he was with Lola he was very easily seduced by Catherine
Very, very true. Narcisse might have loved Lola to the moon and back but he was always very bad at itNo question about it, his ways never changed. In fact, I think this whole vendetta thing would be much more interesting if it turned out to be about his guilt. It's probably not, but I like to think it is.

Quote:
I really don't think the show will be able to redeem itself in two episodes, in looking forward to seeing them though.
Yeah. In the end, what's the harm? This show has made me furious sometimes, so a mild disappointment is something I can live with.
Old 06-03-2017, 02:30 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkalice (View Post)
A passing piece of information that was just sitting there, and probably only because Rizzio was likely to be a homosexual irl. Reign has never shown gay men "activity" but it didn't shy away from having two women kiss in the context of a threesome. Having seen the exact same thing on Gossip Girl, which had a least two gay characters with a partner who were never even shown kissing them but did let two girls kiss during a threesome, I'm just sensing a pattern.
Actually it did. It showed that preist or cardinal [can't rememer which] getting out of bed with one of his male disciples in season 2. It would be dumb to have Henri be gay. He actually had many confirmed female lovers but never one single confirmed male lover. I highly doubt he was actually gay. If anything this is a more sensitive issue because a lot if people don't understand a straight man weaeing women's things. They immediately beleive he's gay. This is sonething even less explored on tv than actual gay characters. Every show has a gay character theses days. It isn't necessary to add a gay person just to appease people.
Old 06-03-2017, 03:19 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Actually it did. It showed that preist or cardinal [can't rememer which] getting out of bed with one of his male disciples in season 2.
And that would be gay action? I get out of bed with my dog sometimes.

Quote:
Every show has a gay character theses days. It isn't necessary to add a gay person just to appease people.
Who said gay people have to be added to appease anyone? I'm just pointing out there's a huge hypocrisy in some shows that shy away from homosexual love between men but have zero problems with girl on girl action.

Quote:
He actually had many confirmed female lovers but never one single confirmed male lover. I highly doubt he was actually gay.
Again, I've acknowledged irl Henry doesn't seem to have been gay. Not that making him gay or bisexual would have offended his memory, by the way, since there's nothing wrong with either. They want to explore cross-dressing and have him straight, it's fine. I don't think they'll actually explore anything, but we'll see.
Old 06-03-2017, 05:20 PM
Master Fan

Well, they were naked and he kissed him...so yea gay action.

It's not hypocracy just because rhey don't happen to have a gay character. If at any point they had a character that they could have shown that with I'm sure they would have. In Rizzio's case they simply did not have time for superfluous sex scenes of any kind. I mean ones that don't serve the story line. Oly major characters have gotten them and not even that many compared to other seasons. I'm pretty sure had the occasion arose they would have had zero problem showing it.
Old 06-03-2017, 05:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

The point that some shows are hypocritical in the sex scenes that they show is well taken. But I have to agree with Amanda that that doesn't apply to Reign. They simply didn't have a male gay character as a main character - and no time for superfluous sex scenes that didn't serve the plot. Plus, every time a homosexual character has been introduced, the main characters have shown absolutely no judgment - e.g., Lola's suitor in Season 1, the Cardinal in Season 2, Rizzio... I doubt they would have an issue with showing "gay activity" if the situation arose. As it is, I think it's pretty interesting that they might explore Henri cross-dressing while being straight. (Especially if it's not likely he was actually gay in real life).
Old 06-03-2017, 07:17 PM
Master Fan

This is all I'm trying to say. If they had a reoccurring gay character and every other character in the show was having sex scenes except him, then I would agree.
Old 06-05-2017, 04:38 AM
Fan Forum Star

Interesting reading everyone's responses
Old 06-05-2017, 03:56 PM
Part-Time Fan

This episode belonged to Nicole and Narcisse. What a waste. I hate Narcisse and don't want Catnisse. He's a monster and clearly still loves Lola. The writers missed a lot of potential. I wish we got more Darnley because I love his character. Too bad he got crazy. I felt for Elizabeth. Poor Gideon. I wonder what the final episode will look like.
annie1408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 04:32 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by annie1408 (View Post)
This episode belonged to Nicole and Narcisse. What a waste. I hate Narcisse and don't want Catnisse. He's a monster and clearly still loves Lola. The writers missed a lot of potential. I wish we got more Darnley because I love his character. Too bad he got crazy. I felt for Elizabeth. Poor Gideon. I wonder what the final episode will look like.
Agree
Old 06-06-2017, 04:02 AM
Fan Forum Star

I don't like his arc with Nicole atm, but Narcisse is the only good character still in it. Catherine has minimal participants now.
Old 06-06-2017, 04:11 PM
Master Fan

I don't like anything about Narcisse RN. And he doesn't have anymore screentime than Catherine does.
Old 06-07-2017, 07:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

For me, Narcisse has always been an awesome character - so complex and fun to watch. I have rooted for him and been his biggest defender (even when I wasn't necessarily comfortable defending him). Part of me wants to believe he is still capable of being redeemed. But sadly, he has let me down time and time again. I'm so disappointed in him right now.

Personally, I think there are a lot of good, interesting characters still in it - Catherine being one of them (even if she has been a little underused this season).