Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-10-2017, 10:49 AM
Part-Time Fan

Thanks, I was able to watch -- so worth the wait. I look forward to rewatching later and fully discussing
Scottish_Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 01:32 PM
Master Fan

I thought id post these here as well

Old 02-10-2017, 03:08 PM
Elite Fan

Ohh I couldn't wait any longer and watched it... I swear I was trying to wait but I couldn't make it

aww I can't wait to discuss everything! For now I won't say anything because I don't wanna use spoiler tags
De Medici Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 04:58 PM
Master Fan

I'm still watching so this isn't a review, just a burning question: have they seriously reunited Greer and poor Castleroy only to break them up again and have her with James? Like what did Castleroy do to these writers?
Old 02-10-2017, 05:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

^ ^ I understand not being able to wait, Issi. I might have to watch it once before I watch it live.

^ I have to agree, Alice. That's so sad.

I get to watch LIVE in one hour! I'll be back with my initial thoughts after I've watched the whole episode.

Last edited by kerbear28; 02-10-2017 at 06:01 PM
kerbear28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 06:15 PM
Master Fan

To be fair they probably nevwr planned on bringing back Castleroy to begin with, but had to do something when Celina got pregnant. Also, we don't know if he was even available to play the oart again.
Old 02-10-2017, 08:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

^ Yeah, maybe bringing back Castleroy was never the plan, and we don't even know if Michael Therriault was available to come back this season. Actually, I already find Greer and James intriguing. I mean, the scene where Greer walks in on James and his ladies in the bedroom, and then sneaks a peak. CLASSIC. I think they could be a fun pairing... and very dramatic if James and Mary are at odds and Greer has to choose between them.

More of my random thoughts about the premiere....

- CLAUDE AND CATHERINE ARE EVERYTHING!!!! "Mother is always on your side." The same thing she told Francis in the pilot. I felt so terrible for Claude, learning that Leith had been slaughtered. Rose did an amazing job, though! And Catherine SLAYED as always. I can't tell you how amazing it was to watch this badass mother/daughter duo work together to avenge Leith and kill Martel. Catherine ALWAYS finds a way.

- Don Carlos is Spain was an amusing surprise.

- Leeza needs to go back to Spain. Like...Yesterday.

- Baby John!!!! He broke my heart. He has his father's hair.

- I actually really loved Gideon in this episode. Discovering the truth about Knox being behind the assassination attempt on Elizabeth, saving John, and trying to talk some sense into Elizabeth. Gideon to the rescue!!!

- Whoa! That first scene between Narcisse and Elizabeth was INTENSE. Narcisse really laid it all out there. I was so relieved when Elizabeth learned the truth about Knox and decided to release him from the tower. He needs to get back to France and to Catherine ASAP!

- Mary is such a warrior!! She was drugged and kidnapped, but she didn't need rescuing. SHE RESCUED HERSELF! YAASSS!!! And she looked beautiful in that wedding dress as she did it. Seeing her seduce that poor boy George was awesome. I love that she forced James to prove his "loyalty" in front of that northern clan, too. Even after learning that Knox had played both her and Elizabeth against each other.... she knows she still has to grasp power. And she's already decided to marry Darnley.

- Elizabeth doesn't want to meet Mary because she doesn't want to know her cousin or feel for her... in case she has to kill her. Poor Lizzy really does want to go down a better path, but she won't be able to.

- I'm still so conflicted about James. It seems like he is legitimately torn. I loved the scene where he stood up to Knox and defended Mary. I don't want to see him betray his sister.

- So we got one brief look at Darnley. Hmmm. He's smooth. TROUBLE.
Old 02-10-2017, 08:39 PM
Part-Time Fan

I feel like we have waited for the episode for so long and it did not disappoint.

Highlights for me..

1. I love how much Mary has come into her own. She's smarter, learning how to use her power, and best of all - she waits for no man's rescue and straight up saves herself. This is the most self reliant I've ever seen her. It was good to see her being a badass Queen and I loved her seducing poor George lol.

2.Catherine - oh how I love thee. The scene with her and Claude and the hanging Martel was priceless Aside from that, I really enjoyed her connection to Claude. At least she has one child that's currently on her side. Leeza I'm just not a fan of at all, she can take her snooty behind back to Spain ASAP.

3. I totally did not catch the fact that that was Don Carlos in the beginning

4. I can usually take or leave Gideon but I really loved him in this episode. He was the truthteller and trying to do the best thing for all parties. My heart broke for John. Lola's dead, and then he watches his nanny murdered in front of him. Heart breaking I really loved that Gideon forced Elizabeth to face John.

5. I usually don't care for Elizabeth at all but I really enjoyed her in this episode. She reminded me of Mary in a lot of ways. Vulnerable, wanting to do the right thing, but knowing that all paths are nearly impossible. The lines about how she didn't want to know Mary because she might have to kill her one day were great and obviously foreshadowing.

6. Maybe my favorite moment of the episode was Narcisse tearing into Elizabeth. He was speaking for me in all of that. "She was not your friend, she was your prisoner." Elizabeth's reaction made me cringe. Narcisse made is own bed with all of his lies to Lola, but still I nearly shed a tear when Elizabeth told him that his dead wife came to England because she couldn't stand him.

7. I was so happy to see Greer. Mary's last lady I like Castleroy but I kinda hope something happens to him and Greer and James get together. They have chemistry. Hope we get to see her little baby girl as well.

Randomness-

Love James, he's hot. Hope he stays loyal to Mary. Darnley...also good looking but I just need Mary to run far away. Keira, the woman he loves looks like she could be one of Greers Cortizans... and Lady Lennox is a total Catherine wannabe.
Scottish_Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 09:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

It certainly did not disappoint.

First of all... I'm sorry for all of the quoting.

I love Catherine. SO MUCH. The scene with the hanging of Martel was priceless. Poor Claude... "I AM SHOCKED!" I'm so happy that Catherine does have at least one child on her side right now. THANK GOD for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottish_Queen (View Post)
4. I can usually take or leave Gideon but I really loved him in this episode. He was the truthteller and trying to do the best thing for all parties. My heart broke for John. Lola's dead, and then he watches his nanny murdered in front of him. Heart breaking I really loved that Gideon forced Elizabeth to face John.
Gideon was fantastic. That scene where John's nanny is murdered right in front of him... just And knowing that his mother and father aren't there to comfort him. It was so powerful when Gideon forced Elizabeth to face John.

Quote:
5. I usually don't care for Elizabeth at all but I really enjoyed her in this episode. She reminded me of Mary in a lot of ways. Vulnerable, wanting to do the right thing, but knowing that all paths are nearly impossible. The lines about how she didn't want to know Mary because she might have to kill her one day were great and obviously foreshadowing.
I've always loved the vulnerability that Rachel has brought to this role. She did an amazing job in this episode, and you could really feel how desperate Lizzy is to find a good path and do the right thing. But it will be impossible... So much foreshadowing in those lines.

Quote:
6. Maybe my favorite moment of the episode was Narcisse tearing into Elizabeth. He was speaking for me in all of that. "She was not your friend, she was your prisoner." Elizabeth's reaction made me cringe. Narcisse made is own bed with all of his lies to Lola, but still I nearly shed a tear when Elizabeth told him that his dead wife came to England because she couldn't stand him.
That scene was SO powerful. They both told the brutal truth, and it stung.

Quote:
7. I was so happy to see Greer. Mary's last lady I like Castleroy but I kinda hope something happens to him and Greer and James get together. They have chemistry. Hope we get to see her little baby girl as well.
Glad I'm not the only one who is already low key shipping James/Greer. Sadly... I kind of hope something happens to Castleroy (sorry!) so that they are free to pursue the chemistry I see there. Oh, and I want to see Greer's baby girl, too!!!

Quote:
Love James, he's hot. Hope he stays loyal to Mary. Darnley...also good looking but I just need Mary to run far away. Keira, the woman he loves looks like she could be one of Greers Cortizans... and Lady Lennox is a total Catherine wannabe.
Agreed. To all of this.
Old 02-10-2017, 09:41 PM
Master Fan

Best higlights
  • "The tears are real" *look of surprise and mild disapproval*
  • Naked and crazy Don Carlos
  • Mary making that poor boy faint hahaha (that was a bit of a Catherine move right there)
  • First time I was rooting for Gideon ever. He saved John and told Elizabeth what for.
  • Greer walks in on naked James and his two lady friends
Old 02-10-2017, 10:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotDoneAbusingYou (View Post)
  • "The tears are real" *look of surprise and mild disapproval*
Haha I loved Catherine's expression there. But then she went straight to comforting her daughter.

Quote:
  • Mary making that poor boy faint hahaha (that was a bit of a Catherine move right there)
Catherine has taught her well.

Quote:
  • Greer walks in on naked James and his two lady friends
I loved how confident Greer was in that situation. Not flustered at all.
Old 02-11-2017, 05:43 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
To be fair they probably nevwr planned on bringing back Castleroy to begin with, but had to do something when Celina got pregnant. Also, we don't know if he was even available to play the oart again.
I... don't care? Could have found another solution, last year or this one. I mean they are paid to find solutions. Poor guy's getting such a miserable life.

Quote:
"The tears are real" *look of surprise and mild disapproval*
Naked and crazy Don Carlos
Amazing. And what about "Act shocked" "I AM shocked!" "Even better".

I'll have to disagree about all the appreciation for Elizabeth being told off. A lot of characters who surround her are costantly doing that, judging her and giving her dressing downs like she's their childhood friend while at the same time working against her in some capacity, and yet they have the audacity to call her drastic and ruthless. Gideon is particularly unsufferable. I'm glad she decided to soften her ways with Narcisse to give John a family, but Lola did conspire against her, what was she supposed to do? Give her a medal? I find the judgemental/patronizing/moralistic attitude reserved to Elizabeth completely annoying and anachronistic.

The episode was fun enough though, I love the whole French department and Leesa is really kind of a joy. Catherine now has an opponent who's family and as pragmatic as she is but may work against her, it's going to be interesting. Can't wait for Narcisse to be back over there.
Old 02-11-2017, 10:15 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkalice (View Post)
I'm still watching so this isn't a review, just a burning question: have they seriously reunited Greer and poor Castleroy only to break them up again and have her with James? Like what did Castleroy do to these writers?
I hadn't thought about that but now that you mention it, it wouldn't surprise me. I like Castleroy, he's a good character.
obisgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 11:26 AM
Elite Fan

+

I think we got enough scenes from all 3 courts and I'm glad because of that really

I loooved the scene with Catherine and Claude.. and I'm scared of some comments that maybe Catherine is behind the Leith killing and is plotting behind Claude's back I don't think it's true really... but still.. I loved how she was "Act shocked" "I am shocked" hilarious!

Rose Williams is SO GOOD! SO GOOD! I am like love her acting...

Elizabeth I do love her! Maybe because I met Rachel and I adore her and this maybe makes me like Liz maybe more than last season

Gideon.. woow good job with him!

omg Franis' son is so big and so cute! I feel so sorry for that kid

-

Leeza... bring her back to Spain asap please! I loathe her really but tbh... maybe it will turn out to be good... I wasn't a big Claude fan at the beginning but I love her now.. maybe Leesa wil change... is it Leeza or Leesa though?

How often is Mary going to say "I am your queen"? really... I have to roll my eyes at this every time

it was okay... It was not one of the best episodes imo.. it was just ok... hoping for better episodes

Can Narcisse go back to France and to Catherine now? so the fun can start lol
De Medici Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread