Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-21-2016, 04:54 PM
Master Fan

It's true Mary and Catherine are the only ones left from the pilot, which is kind of shocking!
I myself am surprisingly missing the show as well. I think season 3 made a good job at fixing the mess of last year and my favourite historical part has just begun, which makes me very excited. Plus I grew very fond of Elizabeth, who's beginning to prove an interesting counterpart for her cousin in spite of her occasionally meh writing, and some of the characters I couldn't care for are gone. I wish the show had been this good last year, maybe if it had the ratings would have been better and we'd be expecting a fall premiere now.
Old 06-21-2016, 05:40 PM
Master Fan

The ratings went up to match last year's finale. So that is a small bit if hope. They have been steadily rising since Francis died.
Old 06-21-2016, 07:20 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerbear28 (View Post)
^ Again, is Martel de Guise responsible?
YES. In the credits there was a Martel's lieutenant and that has to be the one who stabs Leith.

Wow what an episode! As others have mentioned I didn't think they would execute Lola. But they did.

I enjoyed this episode very much not just because of the unexpected happenings, but because many of the details in each country built toward the losses faced by all the queens.

I knew Charles was in for it when he told Catherine to not say another word and all she did was leave the room. At that point it was the beginning of the end for him.

Overall, I enjoyed this whole season! From the tiger, to Catherine's resurgence, to the Catherine and Mary's teaming up both in ways it worked and ways it didn't, to Lola and Elizabeth's relationship, and to Claude and Leith's relationship. I of course can't wait for the next one.
Bravebear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 11:24 PM
Elite Fan

I imagine with Bash gone the show will be done with the supernatural stuff.
Old 06-22-2016, 12:42 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotDoneAbusingYou (View Post)
The ratings went up to match last year's finale. So that is a small bit if hope. They have been steadily rising since Francis died.
I can imagine it created some curiosity as to how they'd go on without the main romance. It also gives me hope for Crazy Ex Girlfriend, which took the death slot.
Old 06-22-2016, 12:44 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan2009 (View Post)
Dear god I hope so. Thatcwss the worst part of the show.
Old 06-22-2016, 04:48 AM
Master Fan

It was fine as long as we've been unsure whether it was magic or people believing in things, but once it was said magic is real I was really done. Hopefully they can focus on real stuff now. Who needs magic when you have Elizabeth and Catherine? And the drama Mary has in Scotland is stuff you can't make up if you try.
Old 06-22-2016, 12:29 PM
Elite Fan

Gosh I hope it will return in January... there are people saying it will be back in the summer between other wise the competition will be too big and that could be Reign's last season and in summer they could make it to get more seasons
De Medici Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 01:50 PM
Master Fan

Summer isn't even a possibility. Midseason is January through April always. Spring is the latest It will air. But considering that they are doing at least 16 episodes per Linda's IG it will most likely have to be earlier, otherwise it would run into a really weird place in the middle of the summer. It will more likely start January or February. But it CANNOT EVER start later than April as it would no longer be considered Midseason at that point.

PS someone please break the tie in the survivor. It's been sitting there for a week.

Last edited by NotDoneAbusingYou; 06-22-2016 at 02:18 PM
NotDoneAbusingYou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 01:58 PM
Fan Forum Star

I always watch reign loyally, but this show is too predictable. 6 episodes ago I predicted Lola and Leiths demise and as they both got more screen time I knew it was pretty much confirmed. A bit disappointed in the show but it was still a decent finale.
Old 06-22-2016, 02:33 PM
Elite Fan

I hope so Amanda. I hope they won't surprise us or so.

^ I was pretty sure after 3.17 that Lola will die but only because I read the synopsis and saw the pics but I didn't find it predictable before
Old 06-23-2016, 10:59 AM
Master Fan

Yeah I never thought she'd die. I didn't even think Leith would! But both deaths make sense for me plot wise
Old 06-23-2016, 01:50 PM
Elite Fan

Leith just when Catherine gave them her blessing!
Old 06-23-2016, 06:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

So many posts to respond to since I last posted here. Sorry I've been neglecting this thread.

First, it's so devastating to me that Catherine and Mary are the only ones of the original cast remaining.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bravebear (View Post)
YES. In the credits there was a Martel's lieutenant and that has to be the one who stabs Leith.
Thanks for answering my question, Camellia. I would not want to be Martel if Claude finds out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bravebear (View Post)
Wow what an episode! As others have mentioned I didn't think they would execute Lola. But they did.

I enjoyed this episode very much not just because of the unexpected happenings, but because many of the details in each country built toward the losses faced by all the queens.

I knew Charles was in for it when he told Catherine to not say another word and all she did was leave the room. At that point it was the beginning of the end for him.

Overall, I enjoyed this whole season! From the tiger, to Catherine's resurgence, to the Catherine and Mary's teaming up both in ways it worked and ways it didn't, to Lola and Elizabeth's relationship, and to Claude and Leith's relationship. I of course can't wait for the next one.
Very well said. Even through the pain of losing Francis and Frary this season, I really enjoyed it, for all of the reasons that you stated. Pretty much everything was an improvement over Season 2. It was a good finale episode as well. Not just because of the shocking deaths and twists, but because it set things up so beautifully for Season 4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan2009 (View Post)
Dear God I hope so. For the most part, it just never worked and I couldn't take it seriously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotDoneAbusingYou (View Post)
Summer isn't even a possibility. Midseason is January through April always. Spring is the latest It will air. But considering that they are doing at least 16 episodes per Linda's IG it will most likely have to be earlier, otherwise it would run into a really weird place in the middle of the summer. It will more likely start January or February. But it CANNOT EVER start later than April as it would no longer be considered Midseason at that point.
Thank you for that clarification, Amanda. I really hope it's January, but at least the longest we'll have to wait is April. I didn't see that IG about us getting 16 episodes! That's good! Sure, I would rather have 18 or 22 episodes, but I can live with 16.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourburst (View Post)
I always watch reign loyally, but this show is too predictable. 6 episodes ago I predicted Lola and Leiths demise and as they both got more screen time I knew it was pretty much confirmed. A bit disappointed in the show but it was still a decent finale.
Wow, that's impressive, because until I saw the spoilers I had never imagined that we would lose both Lola and Leith at the end of the season. Like Alice said, though, I think both deaths make sense in terms of the story.

^ I know. Both deaths were cruel in that way. Cleith was SO happy and planning their wedding, and then it was all ripped away. Lorcisse had reunited and were a family again, and then it was all ripped away. It's typical Reign... so mean.
Old 06-23-2016, 10:33 PM
Master Fan

I feel they are trying to, forgive the expression, kill all of the larger side stories. With the, now, 3 separate courts, there will be very little screen time to go around. They are gonna be spread really thin as it is. So anything not servicing the 3 main plot points is out.