Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-12-2016, 01:17 PM
Elite Fan

Reign 3.17 "Intruders" Episode Discussion

E P I S O D E D I S C U S S I O N
Intruders
Season 3 Episode 17

Air Date CW: Monday, June 12th at 8/7c

With Mary presumed dead, Elizabeth enlists Lola's help in taking the Scottish crown for herself, while Mary’s half-brother James must defend her throne from John Knox. Meanwhile, Mary comes face to face with Francis’ killer when she and Bash find themselves in the hands of a fearsome clan leader named Munro.

REMEMBER...

* Be respectful of other posters. Not everyone is going to agree or have the same views. Discussions are encouraged, but please keep things civil
* No actor bashing
* Everything is a spoiler until it has broadcast somewhere in the world
* Any talk of illegal downloading should not be brought up here. Live streams & such can be discussed through PM's
* Most importantly, HAVE FUN!

Last edited by kerbear28; 06-12-2016 at 02:08 PM
De Medici Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 02:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

Thanks for opening the thread, Issi! I'm so excited for this one!
Old 06-12-2016, 08:51 PM
Elite Fan

TFTNT!

Was there any reasoning as to why this season is 20 episodes instead of 22?

Leelith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 05:03 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

Actually, we only get 18 episodes this season. I'm not quite sure why they cut the number of episodes down. In Season 4, we will likely get even fewer episodes because it is a "mid-season" show.
Old 06-13-2016, 10:58 AM
Elite Fan

because of the bad ratings probably... and we only get 18 episodes only this one and next week left then ... HIATUS
Old 06-13-2016, 01:00 PM
Elite Fan

18! That's even worse!!

WE JUST GOT OFF HIATUS!

Leelith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 01:24 PM
Elite Fan

I don't knowhow we will survive the hiatus... I was hoping it would return earliere
Old 06-13-2016, 03:03 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by De Medici Queen (View Post)
I don't knowhow we will survive the hiatus... I was hoping it would return earliere
The long night is coming.....
Old 06-13-2016, 06:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

Oh, don't even speak about the hiatus. (We really should plan out a rewatch schedule and other fun games/events to make it a bit easier, though....)

I just watched live, and the episode was AMAZING.

My first thoughts...bear with me, I'm still processing all that happened.

Lola/Narcisse: So...apparently he still really loves her? And they are kissing again. I have to admit, I find his determination to protect his wife and her son very moving. It's admirable. I just prefer Catcisse, okay? And I don't want both Lola and Narcisse to return to France and continue this God forsaken love triangle. I can't believe that Narcisse actually offered to give up all of his power in France and follow Lola to Scotland! That would be a serious sacrifice. I have a really bad feeling about Lola's final "plan" to escape. Side note: Stephane looked pretty darn hot dressed as a Catholic priest. How ironic.

Lola/Elizabeth: I have always loved their relationship and how they listen to each other, but... now it seems like Liz is just trying to use Lola to secure the Scottish throne. I understand she was just doing what she thought was necessary to maintain peace in the power vacuum, but... she didn't stop the invasion into Scotland when she received news that Mary was alive.

Cleith: Catherine yelling at Leith was pretty entertaining. Stupid and loyal. He could be called worse. In the end, he survived unscathed. Phew! There's still hope for him and Claude... Catherine may have thought their plan to marry was stupid and dangerous, but she didn't exactly close the door on it. Plus, she gave Leith a chance to redeem himself for losing the King of France. That's very important. Finally, I loved how Claude turned down Martel's "offer" to stay with him. She's taken, buddy! (You're pretty cute, though...)

Charles: Just... Poor Charles! Being betrayed by his friend and kidnapped. Knowing that if they want to overthrow the monarchy, they will have to kill him and his whole family. Having to stay in the back of the carriage with the corpse of that tax collector. I need to know what happened to Charles at the end of the episode!

Catherine/Claude: I just loved their scenes. "You have a 'history' with Martel." "Just how many people have you killed?!" Their scene right after Catherine receives the ransom letter was so touching. I think both Charles and Claude will realize just how much their mother loves them.

Catherine: Badass and brilliant...as usual. OF COURSE she is willing to sacrifice herself for her children. And what an ingenious plan to have her own men disguised as Red Knights! "Where's my son?! Tell me or I'll peel the flesh off your bones!"

Mash: Mary and Bash dancing. Bash was so concerned for Mary the entire episode, especially after his sword was taken away. He must have felt so powerless to protect her. I loved the scene where Bash pretends to be drunk and then kills Duncan, drowning him in a horse trough while bagpipes play. Then he sets it all on fire.

James: Well...Mary's brother is HOT! Not surprising. He seems to be loyal to his sister though... at least he is for now. He was able to resist John Knox and his plot to dissolve the Scottish throne for just long enough. UGH, John Knox is such a SNAKE! Whispering in James' ear about ruling Scotland "together" when he knew Mary was alive! I hope he gets what's coming to him...

Mary (& Munro): I can't adequately express what I'm feeling. Mary and Munro's exchanges were simply dripping with intensity. I loved Mary's "coy, innocent bride-to-be" act. And John Barrowman was excellent (equally charming and creepy). "I know who you are, Mary, Queen of Scots. And I am not bewitched."

Bash's words when Mary went off with the devil alone are haunting: "But who will you be when you return..." I hate that Mary has blood on her hands, but... truthfully, it was self-defense. Munro was going to kill her. The fact that she got to avenge the man she loved - and with the sword that Francis gave to her to protect her - it's nothing short of poetic. It's painful to know that Francis died because of orders that Mary didn't even make.

Mary's Entrance: "I am Mary, Queen of Scots, and I have come for my throne." BEST. ENTRANCE. EVER.

Sooooo ready for the finale next week.

Last edited by kerbear28; 06-14-2016 at 02:48 PM
kerbear28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 07:21 PM
Master Fan

Mary and Catherine were both super badass it was amazing.
Old 06-13-2016, 07:42 PM
Part-Time Fan

This. Episode. Was. Gosh, sometimes Reign can just be really really good

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerbear28 (View Post)
Mary (& Munro): I can't adequately express what I'm feeling. Mary and Munro's exchanges were simply dripping with intensity. I loved Mary's "coy, innocent bride-to-be" act. And John Barrowman was excellent (equally charming and creepy). "I know who you are, Mary, Queen of Scots. And I am not bewitched."

Bash's words when Mary went off with the devil alone are haunting: "But who will be when you return..." I hate that Mary has blood on her hands, but... truthfully, it was self-defense. Munro was going to kill her. The fact that she got to avenge the man she loved - and with the sword that Francis gave to her to protect her - it's nothing short of poetic. It's painful to know that Francis died because of orders that Mary didn't even make.

Mary's Entrance: "I am Mary, Queen of Scots, and I have come for my throne." BEST. ENTRANCE. EVER.
Yes yes yes to everything! Those scenes with Mary and Munro literally had me at the edge of my seat. She was so amazing. Playing him with naïve act, picking the sharp jewelry, getting the sword... I also felt really bad for Bash. He was so scared about letting her go with him, alone, knowing what Munro wanted/could do and not being able to protect or help her - fearing about how what she was going to do would change her. But she handled it like the bada** queen that she is. She risked everything to avenge Francis (because "he would have done the same for her" )

"I would have stayed in France for the rest of my life but you brought me here. You took my heart" That was so heartbreaking. And then killing him with his sword. Perfect.

And the enddd. I cannot WAIT to see her take back her country and take down Knox.

Everything else was great too. Catherine's plan was genius (of course). I need to see whats going to happen with Charles!! I'm... cautiously interested in what's going to happen with Lola and Narcisse And while I like Elizabeth and understand why she, as a queen, did it.. I don't like that she continued with her plan even when she knew Mary was alive I feel like the struggle between them is going to get more and more intense.

I can't believe that next week is the final episode!! I'm so excited
MaryFrancis
crazystupidlove54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 08:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazystupidlove54 (View Post)
This. Episode. Was. Gosh, sometimes Reign can just be really really good

Yes yes yes to everything! Those scenes with Mary and Munro literally had me at the edge of my seat. She was so amazing. Playing him with naïve act, picking the sharp jewelry, getting the sword... I also felt really bad for Bash. He was so scared about letting her go with him, alone, knowing what Munro wanted/could do and not being able to protect or help her - fearing about how what she was going to do would change her. But she handled it like the bada** queen that she is. She risked everything to avenge Francis (because "he would have done the same for her" )

"I would have stayed in France for the rest of my life but you brought me here. You took my heart" That was so heartbreaking. And then killing him with his sword. Perfect.

And the enddd. I cannot WAIT to see her take back her country and take down Knox.

Everything else was great too. Catherine's plan was genius (of course). I need to see whats going to happen with Charles!! I'm... cautiously interested in what's going to happen with Lola and Narcisse And while I like Elizabeth and understand why she, as a queen, did it.. I don't like that she continued with her plan even when she knew Mary was alive I feel like the struggle between them is going to get more and more intense.

I can't believe that next week is the final episode!! I'm so excited
Sorry for quoting everything but... Well said, Alex! I agree with every single word.

These quotes:

Because "he would have done the same for me"

"I would have stayed in France for the rest of my life but you brought me here. You took my heart"
Old 06-13-2016, 08:50 PM
Part-Time Fan

I waited this episode. I long months of waiting for this reunion. My Lorcisse returned. So much chemistry and sparks again. And this sweet kiss. Narcissue is perfect in the image of the priest. And he still loves his wife. I believe. Get out the bad thoughts that day.
Michelle009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 04:25 AM
Absolute Fan

It's nice to see that James stayed loyal to Mary and tried to resist the changes, what good lucks Mary and Francis got to have bastard brothers who are loyal and protective and caring. They sure lucked out with Bash and James.

I wonder if now Mary is staying in Scotland that James will become a more prominent lead character (to essentially replace Bash) because that would make sense why they recast the actor with someone speaking more English accent than the previous James actor's more heavy Scottish accent.

Mary being epic is awesome, her and Bash with their team work, I've missed that so much.

Catherine still fighting for her children but I wonder if Martel de Guise will be trouble

This whole Elizabeth vs Lola and Narcisse tho, I have a bad feeling

JEFFREY MACE|PATRIOT
BryceLarkinFanForever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 04:43 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

I guess that's true - both Francis and Mary lucked out with their bastard brothers. At least James seems to be a decent person. It does seem like they are setting him up to replace Bash with Mary in Scotland and be a more prominent character. I'll be interested to get to know him better.

I've missed Mary and Bash working together, too. It was awesome to see.

OH, I forgot about Martel de Guise being at court to find his father's killer. That can't be good. As if Catherine didn't have enough problems with the Red Knights.

I have a really bad feeling about the Lola vs. Elizabeth situation, too.

Michelle, I thought Lorcisse's kiss was sweet. Even if I don't ship them, I have to admit that seeing Narcisse get choked up at that thought of losing Lola and her son...it got me.