Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-07-2016, 07:11 AM
Master Fan

Elizabeth's reaction to Lola getting banned was probably the most I've ever liked her.Rachel is pretty funny. She's definitely 10000000000% better when away from Dudley.
Old 06-07-2016, 12:32 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotDoneAbusingYou (View Post)
I don't even remember anything in the episode....all I can think about is the preview for next week. Holy cow.
Yes. I didn't like this episode. Way too much Lola for my liking. So annoying.
I don't know if i's a good or a bad thing I know what happens in 3x17 and wathed some scenes
De Medici Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 12:39 PM
Absolute Fan

I literally had a moment of thought when they showed Bash ashore with the mercenaries about to kill him that what if they just killed him right there and that's it, because this show would totally just do that...

JEFFREY MACE|PATRIOT
BryceLarkinFanForever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 12:43 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
NOT ENOUGH CATHERINE.
There's never enough Catherine, right? But we definitely got too little of her. Loooved her mention of pope Paul III, one of my favourite historical people ever.

Quote:
Ugh, Charles went behind Catherine's back to try to do away with the regency, and he got himself kidnapped by the Red Knights.
This is why these kids should never ever turn their back to Catherine, they just can't get ***** done without her. Just accept it, kids

Quote:
I'm sorry, but I just LOVE Lola and Elizabeth's friendship. Their interactions with the delegation from Denmark were pretty funny, and I enjoy their heart to heart conversations. I was very nervous when Liz started doubting Lola's motives for befriending her, and even more scared when Liz realized that Lola had gotten information about her fleet to Mary. But Liz didn't blame her, and even offered for her and her son to stay in England as English subjects.
I don't know what Lola will do and if Narcisse will get to her in time but I do know I, too, am loving Lola and Elizabeth's friendship. The writers never quite knew what to make of Lola and she just fits beautifully in England. Plus was I the only one who thought Elizabeth treats her better as a hostage than anyone at French court ever has as a friend and a lady? Sure hostages in those days were more like guests but seriously, she was having her hair combed and getting a mani pedi with the queen of England sign me up please and thank you. And it's touching that she's so loyal to Mary and her crying when she thought her dead really got to me (because Anna is a brilliant and navigated actress) but she just works so much better with Elizabeth.
Also kudos to Rachel for her epic eye rolling and disgusted faces in this episode. Now I just need this kind of light heartedness with Robert.

And oh, right, there were other people. I liked Narcisse. Couldn't care less about the whole Scotland thing though.

Last edited by drunkalice; 06-07-2016 at 05:14 PM
drunkalice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 03:59 PM
Master Fan

Drunk Alice: Just out of curiosity, what makes Pope Paul III your favorite? Semmes an odd choice. I don't 5hink I've ever heard anyone pick a pope as their favorite historical figure.

I saw some scenes from the next episode. Now it's really hard to discuss stuff without letting anything slip. (But I will say what I did see was fantastic. 10000000000 times better than this week)

Bricelarkinfan: I never thought for a second they would kill Bash in that moment. What would have been the purpose of making him go to Scotland just for him to die before he does anything there? This isn't game of thrones haha.
Old 06-07-2016, 04:57 PM
Extreme Fan

It was really interesting to see Mary with none of the usual advantages and trappings that go along with being a queen. She is queen of this country and is completely on her own. She has a friend in Bash, but what is she queen of, exactly?
Old 06-07-2016, 05:11 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Drunk Alice: Just out of curiosity, what makes Pope Paul III your favorite? Semmes an odd choice. I don't 5hink I've ever heard anyone pick a pope as their favorite historical figure.

I saw some scenes from the next episode. Now it's really hard to discuss stuff without letting anything slip. (But I will say what I did see was fantastic. 10000000000 times better than this week)

Bricelarkinfan: I never thought for a second they would kill Bash in that moment. What would have been the purpose of making him go to Scotland just for him to die before he does anything there? This isn't game of thrones haha.
It seems odd I know I'm obsessed with the Italian Renaissance so at least three of my historical faves are Renaissance popes. Farnese was a very interesting guy, a learned young man who grew up with Giovanni De Medici and was held in great esteem by his father the Magnificent. At one point for complicated political dynamics he was imprisoned in Castel Sant'Angelo and escaped from a window once made a cardinal he struggled financially for years because the Borgia pope punished him after his sister Giulia la Bella dumped him, but he became increasingly powerful and influential with the popes who came after him. He built the palazzo Farnese, perhaps the most beautiful Renaissance palace in Rome, and commissioned the Doomsday fresco from Michelangelo; while also practically founding the Farnese dinasty and opening the Concilio of Trento that changed the Church and made it as we know it. In all this he also managed to love the same one woman for all his life. And he was fun too: apparently he pretended to be sick in order to be elected pope, knowing the cardinals were prone to go for a short-lived pick
(You probably didn't want such long an explanation but yeah :lol sorry)
Old 06-07-2016, 05:18 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkDundee (View Post)
It was really interesting to see Mary with none of the usual advantages and trappings that go along with being a queen. She is queen of this country and is completely on her own. She has a friend in Bash, but what is she queen of, exactly?
Exactly, I think that is the new SL for Mary. The last two and half years has been maneuvering in French Court. She was learning and discovering how to be a Queen--the dynamic of that learning both the good and bad of Catherine. Now both she and the audience are unsure of what it is to be Queen in Scotland. We will learn together.

And they will still include Elizabeth and continue her successful reign--although I'm not sure of this move of Elizabeth's to get Lola to be an English courtier. This could be another tragic mistake for Lola ahead. Elizabeth to me is much more interesting when staying away from love affairs. Although Magnus was great this episode, especially since we knew how insincere Elizabeth was from the beginning.

And Catherine will still have to weigh personal loss with political success, it is what truly makes her character so appealing--her tortured soul. I can't wait for her retribution.

Next season will be the one of three queens, even though that is what this season was billed as. I had to get to know Elizabeth before I could really care for her like I do the others. I am coming around though.
Bravebear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 05:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

Quote:
Originally Posted by De Medici Queen (View Post)
Yes. I didn't like this episode. Way too much Lola for my liking. So annoying.
I don't know if i's a good or a bad thing I know what happens in 3x17 and wathed some scenes
Aww I'm sorry if you were disappointed in the episode, Issi. I really enjoyed it. I found Lola's scenes with Elizabeth to be very entertaining. I just love these two together. I also found everything happening in France and Scotland to be pretty exciting. At least they set things up nicely for the next episode, which should have a lot of intense action.... and a lot of Catherine. I'm going to have to find out from you and Amanda what you already know about 3x17.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkalice (View Post)
I don't know what Lola will do and if Narcisse will get to her in time but I do know I, too, am loving Lola and Elizabeth's friendship. The writers never quite knew what to make of Lola and she just fits beautifully in England. Plus was I the only one who thought Elizabeth treats her better as a hostage than anyone at French court ever has as a friend and a lady? Sure hostages in those days were more like guests but seriously, she was having her hair combed and getting a mani pedi with the queen of England sign me up please and thank you. And it's touching that she's so loyal to Mary and her crying when she thought her dead really got to me (because Anna is a brilliant and navigated actress) but she just works so much better with Elizabeth.
Also kudos to Rachel for her epic eye rolling and disgusted faces in this episode. Now I just need this kind of light heartedness with Robert.
Yes, to all of this. You did a great job of describing why I am loving Lola in England, and I'm warming up to Elizabeth more and more. I would love to see that kind of light-heartedness in a Dudley/Liz scene.

Alice, thanks for the interesting description of Pope Paul III. I'm Catholic and I didn't even know all of that. He was a fascinating man.

Yeah...I never thought for a moment that they would kill Bash off right there on the beach.

Quote:
That's exactly why I found the scenes in Scotland to be so intriguing. It will be interesting to see how Mary copes with this new reality. Also...can someone tell me how Mary still looks stunning after surviving a shipwreck? Seriously, I thought Ade looked so pretty with her mussed up hair and fresh face.
Old 06-07-2016, 07:52 PM
Master Fan

DrunkAlice: You don't have to apologize for your explanation. It was interesting.
Old 06-07-2016, 07:59 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerbear28 (View Post)
That's exactly why I found the scenes in Scotland to be so intriguing. It will be interesting to see how Mary copes with this new reality. Also...can someone tell me how Mary still looks stunning after surviving a shipwreck? Seriously, I thought Ade looked so pretty with her mussed up hair and fresh face.
I was thinking this too! Addy posts a lot of pictures without makeup and I'm like... how do you look this pretty?!!? And then she's on TV with barely any makeup and sand and salt-water in her hair and still looked so pretty! Jealous

Also, I never knew about how cool of a man Pope Paul III was! Thanks for the explanation!
MaryFrancis
crazystupidlove54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 08:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

^ I'm FOREVER jealous.
Old 06-07-2016, 10:11 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
No, this isn't Game of Thrones indeed, but this episode certainly did have a little GOT rhythm to it in its execution. And well, given the ridiculous nature of half of Bash's storylines since season 1, I didn't think it was too far-fetched they'd just kill him two episodes before his contract is done it's not as if they'd given him much purpose before LOL

JEFFREY MACE|PATRIOT
BryceLarkinFanForever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 06:57 AM
Extreme Fan

I liked how Narcisse blamed Mary for the Druids. And then Bash is like - I know, let's pretend that we're captives in that giant wicker person over there.
Old 06-09-2016, 04:50 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I liked how Narcisse blamed Mary for the Druids. And then Bash is like - I know, let's pretend that we're captives in that giant wicker person over there.
It was actually pretty funny when they opened the wicker man and they're just sitting there. IDK why but it made me laugh.