Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton
Heartstopper

Spoiler:
Old 05-18-2016, 11:11 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerbear28 (View Post)
Mary/Catherine: We did not get NEARLY enough Matherine in this episode, okay. Especially considering what is happening in the next episode. But Catherine giving Mary a new winter wardrobe was the sweetest, most motherly thing EVER. Plus, it was sweet that Mary offered Catherine some of her funds that she had received from the Vatican.
It was seriously the most adorable. And the huge smile on Catherine's face when she gave it to her...she was just so happy she could do something nice for her. It was so sweet.
Old 05-18-2016, 01:24 PM
Elite Fan

But were those feelings really gone? I mean, he stopped "loving her" soon too I am not really surprised it comes back I agree it's too soon but I'm not surprised the feelings are still there... he wasn't spending a lot of time with her and they both had other partners, he had Kenna, she had Francis and well... and others. And now they are both there alone
De Medici Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 01:45 PM
Master Fan

No one ever said those feelings were gone, but they never mentioned or hinted at it at all. For Bash to bring it up now makes no sense. He shouldn't have said anything IMO. I mean how is she supposed to feel about that. She called him a friend two seconds before he said it. She clearly doesn't feel the same. It's just going to make her feel bad for him. It's stupid.
Old 05-18-2016, 02:01 PM
Elite Fan

He hasn't had enough screentime and we hardly saw anything of his feelings. It's the perfect timing imo, Francis is dead and she is about to leave.. if not now then when should he say it?
Old 05-18-2016, 04:32 PM
Master Fan

It just makes her such a Mary Sue. I'm so over this thing where every guy who spends more than two minutes with her is making heart eyes at her, that's why I was in the edge of my seat with Robert Dudley going to France. One could argue Mary did win a lot of hearts, but she also did prove a disastrous queen, which we hardly see on the show. And besides it's generally a huge **** you to Kenna and Bash fans, especially since Kenna seems to no longer exist in this universe. Apparently we imagined things.
Old 05-18-2016, 04:58 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by De Medici Queen (View Post)
He hasn't had enough screentime and we hardly saw anything of his feelings. It's the perfect timing imo, Francis is dead and she is about to leave.. if not now then when should he say it?
Never. That's my point. He should keep it to himself. She's just going to feel all guilty over it.
Old 05-18-2016, 06:51 PM
Addicted Fan

Why do the writers make every guy that meets Mary fall in love with her? I love Mary but come on
SLAT92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 07:37 PM
Extreme Fan

Maybe it's out of relief that Gideon is gone, but I liked the episode. I suppose that helped Bash's confession for me - such an improvement over Gideon and Don Carlos. And really, Bash's character has just been floundering. Anyway, I was glad to see Castleroy again, Greer looked stunning, and the Elizabeth/Lola SLs suddenly became really interesting.
Old 05-18-2016, 09:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

A few random thoughts:

1. I share your relief that Gideon is gone, Stephen. Bash is definitely preferable to Conde, Don Carlos or Gideon. And I suppose the confession can be seen as a good thing for Bash's character. At least he's in the main storyline again.

2. I didn't find the fact that Bash still has feelings for Mary surprising at all. However, the fact that their relationship wasn't mentioned or even hinted at recently made it seem so sudden and out of the blue. I suppose the overall timing of his confession makes sense in that Bash realized it was "now or never" because Mary was leaving France. Still, he put Mary in an uncomfortable position.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkalice (View Post)
And besides it's generally a huge **** you to Kenna and Bash fans, especially since Kenna seems to no longer exist in this universe. Apparently we imagined things.
Agreed. It's ridiculous how they seem to have forgotten Kenna and Kennash existed.

4. I join you all in asking why EVERY man who spends any amount of time with Mary ends up making heart eyes at her. It's a very annoying pattern on the show.
Old 05-19-2016, 12:53 AM
Master Fan

Keri: #1 I don't think that relief will last. I think they only mad him go away for the next couple of episodes son they could focus on the main cast because Mary is leaving and they need to wrap things up.

#4 Yes. This is the most ridiculous thing ever. It makes me laugh at when Mary said to Catherine that she can't just make men fall in love with her. Haha sure you can't.
Old 05-19-2016, 03:41 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Never. That's my point.
A very good one. To mention a better show, on Jane the Virgin, just on that same night, the guy who has been (unlike Bash) consistently still in in love with the girl decided not to say anything because it would placed her in an uncomfortable position.
Old 05-19-2016, 01:59 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerbear28 (View Post)

4. I join you all in asking why EVERY man who spends any amount of time with Mary ends up making heart eyes at her. It's a very annoying pattern on the show.
damn they should send them all to Catherine, wouldn't feel that way as with Mary. I'd actually be happy about it
Old 05-19-2016, 02:34 PM
Extreme Fan

I agree that Bash should not have mentioned his feelings for Mary, but rather just told Mary that he cared about her and wanted to help her as a friend. After Bash's confessed love for Kenna and Delphine, it is hard to believe that he would actually say something now to Mary. Perhaps he felt he needed to in order to explain his desire to join her voyage to Scotland?
Old 05-20-2016, 04:51 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by De Medici Queen (View Post)
He hasn't had enough screentime and we hardly saw anything...
Maybe he is just so excited not to be CSI or Supernatural Bash for the first time in a long time. His SLs have not been great since they brought Conde in, who kind of replaced him. I don't think they've known what to do with him after the romance with Mary. There is no History SL to fall back upon since he never existed. Maybe that is why they revisited it.

To add my thoughts to another part of the episode---When Elizabeth talks Lola into planting the pearls, I wanted to tell her that was not a good idea because the last person that did something for Elizabeth that was deceitful ended up getting banished from court and that was one of Elizabeth's friends. However, since Lola didn't give the game away it may turn out well for her in the end. I just don't know about which way they are going with this friendship of convenience.
Bravebear is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread