Elite Fan

Reign 3.11 "Succession" Episode Discussion

E P I S O D E D I S C U S S I O N
Succession
Season 3 Episode 11

Air Date CW: Monday, April 25th at 8/7c

X

MARY, ELIZABETH AND CATHERINE MUST DECIDE WHO THEY CAN TRUST —
Mary must find a powerful suitor to align herself with as Charles’ impending Coronation looms. Lola stumbles upon the identity of Elizabeth’s poisoner, while Catherine becomes a new kind of victim for the castle’s serial killer. [SIZE]

REMEMBER...

* Be respectful of other posters. Not everyone is going to agree or have the same views. Discussions are encouraged, but please keep things civil
* No actor bashing
* Everything is a spoiler until it has broadcast somewhere in the world
* Any talk of illegal downloading should not be brought up here. Live streams & such can be discussed through PM's
* Most importantly, HAVE FUN!

De Medici Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 02:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

TFTNT, Issi! TOMORROW.
Old 04-24-2016, 02:54 PM
Elite Fan

Yes FINALLY. It feels good to start and see a new Episode thread here again

Charles coronation Scene.. Mary must find a new suitor yeah just stay away from Gideon please... Catherine a new Kind of victim? What does that even mean a new Kind of victim what victim why nooo
Old 04-24-2016, 05:16 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by De Medici Queen (View Post)
Yes FINALLY. It feels good to start and see a new Episode thread here again
Yes, I'm so glad we are going on with storylines from season 3. It just seems like it has been forever.

Quote:
Catherine a new Kind of victim? What does that even mean a new Kind of victim what victim why nooo
Yes, but it means Bash is back on the case. This should be good for your Basherine heart.
Bravebear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 06:59 PM
Elite Fan

YES, A NEW EPISODE THREAD. It has been so long!

Leelith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 07:07 PM
Master Fan

It feels so good to see a new episode discussion up. Can't wait till tomorrow.
Old 04-24-2016, 08:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

Quote:
Charles coronation Scene.. Mary must find a new suitor yeah just stay away from Gideon please... Catherine a new Kind of victim? What does that even mean a new Kind of victim what victim why nooo
I'm just fine with Mary trying to find a new suitor and new alliance if it's political. Gideon... that would annoy me.

If Catherine is in danger from the serial killer, I'm not worried at all. It's the perfect opportunity for her and Bash to interact and grow closer. Such amazing Basherine potential.
Old 04-24-2016, 11:34 PM
Master Fan

Yes. Bring me the Basherine.
Old 04-25-2016, 01:51 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bravebear (View Post)
Yes, I'm so glad we are going on with storylines from season 3. It just seems like it has been forever.

Yes, but it means Bash is back on the case. This should be good for your Basherine heart.
Yes, but my Christopherine heart is kinda scared because People are like "Christophe is the killer"

Only a few hours until the new Episode

I won't sleep tonight!
Old 04-25-2016, 03:39 PM
Elite Fan

Anyone know a live steaming site to watch the show on tonight?

Old 04-25-2016, 06:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

I don't know of one, Lee. Sorry. I'm actually looking for a way to watch the episode, too. Unfortunately, I came home today to find my internet was out - a mix up with the cable company. While I was trying to get that fixed, I missed most of the episode.

If anyone could PM me a link so I can watch the episode in it's entirety tonight, I would be eternally grateful.
Old 04-25-2016, 06:24 PM
Elite Fan

Okay, not going to lie. I totally super low key ship Charles and Mary after this episode.

Old 04-25-2016, 06:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

I can respect that. I only saw the scene right before his coronation where she gave him Francis' handkerchief (?) to hold on to during the ceremony. So sweet! "I'm glad you're here."
Old 04-25-2016, 06:33 PM
Elite Fan

They were just so adorable the whole episode, since Mash 99% not going to happen because Torr left. I have to have something to ship.

Old 04-25-2016, 09:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

So despite SEVERAL annoying technology issues, I finally watched the whole episode! I really enjoyed it!

Here are my random thoughts - bear with me:

1) The Mary/Charles moments were simply adorable! I don't ship them romantically, Lee (), but their friendship is precious. I love how loyal he has been to her, and to Francis' memory. He broke with tradition and gave Mary a place of honor in his coronation procession because it would honor Francis.

2) Gideon. I don't appreciate the suggestive looks, subtle flirting, and how they are "bonding" over his daughter, Agatha. However, Mary kept it platonic and that's what matters to me right now. It was sweet how Mary helped him with Aggie. I love seeing Mary with children, even if it breaks my heart. At least Gideon recognized that it was painful for Mary when she was mistaken for Aggie's mother - that she has wanted to have children with Francis. He seems to be really understanding and supportive...so it's hard for me to hate the guy. Can we really trust him, though? HE'S STILL A SPY!

3) Oh, Christophe. Sadly, our predictions were correct and he's the castle serial killer. He blackmailed Catherine and he is still walking free. I feel so sad for Issi, and everyone else who shipped them together. They were definitely HOT. The bright side - both Megan and Nathaniel were BRILLIANT in the scene where Catherine discovers the truth. He was chilling and creepy, and I could feel her fear.

4) It was nice seeing Bash on the case of the serial killer. I hope that he is the one to help Catherine take Christophe down.

5) Lola and Elizabeth. I liked their scenes together! Despite being threatened by Elizabeth (she burned her dresses!), Lola remains loyal to Mary and won't provide her with information on her friend. However, she does help Elizabeth discover that William, her trusted adviser, is in love with her and was the one who poisoned her, causing her to miscarry. Of course, Liz kicked him to the curb.

6) I was so proud of Mary and her response to the John Knox situation. I know most people would argue that she should just cave and become Protestant in order to maintain peace - that she is being reckless. But I love that she is holding firm to her faith and to who she is - a woman and CATHOLIC. She's going to fight fire with fire. Now she's going to the Vatican to try to raise a Catholic army! I must admit that it was pretty satisfying when she told Gideon she would strike him down if they met on the battlefield. She will ALWAYS choose her country.

ETA: I forgot the speech that Catherine had Narcisse make to honor her after the coronation! PRICELESS. Eventually, I want to see Naricisse taken down completely, but for now, it's fun seeing him so low.

Last edited by kerbear28; 04-25-2016 at 09:45 PM
kerbear28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread