Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-14-2015, 04:00 AM
Master Fan

I think they can't afford to pay actors to be in every episode and Bash's isolated storyline (again: WHY?) made the rest. It sucks that we didn't at least get to see Bash react to the news though, at least Catherine got a goodbye. Someone must have realized that they screwed up big time last year and maybe they thought packing the episodes with Frary scenes would make up for it. Personally I'd have ended this episode with F's death and given the whole family their time to react next week. Claude and Leith at least would have deserved to show up.
Old 11-14-2015, 04:33 AM
Absolute Fan

I honestly don't get this paying actors thing, Rose and Jonathan are both series regulars, which means they are paid the whole season, essentially by not using them, they are actually paying them to do absolutely nothing - I can understand if they don't wanna pay for Charles actor as he gets paid per episode as a guest star but by God if they could pay Amy Brennaman, who is much more expensive, for what is basically a cameo death shot, I think they can pay Spencer MacPherson to appear and have scenes to say goodbye

And this two weeks later thing, just why? You could have ended on the funeral at least and next episode be more reactions, but this two week later again ruins any prospect of decent scenes, it's like the show is trying to rush itself into an early grave

JEFFREY MACE|PATRIOT
BryceLarkinFanForever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 04:52 AM
Fan Forum Star

TBH the show could do without Bash's storyline, i mean I know a subplot makes a good show, but he hasn't had enough screen time to make it a believable subplot.

Personally, I think they're rushing it because they want to finish Mary's life off this series. Like her whole imprisonment etc. They know the show will drop without Toby so they'll just go straight for Mary's demise now, rather than make up a whole new life for her
Old 11-14-2015, 05:36 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
they are paid the whole season, essentially by not using them, they are actually paying them to do absolutely nothing - I can understand if they don't wanna pay for Charles actor as he gets paid per episode as a guest star
Oh. I didn't know that was the case. So it's just the writers being unreasonable.
Quote:
TBH the show could do without Bash's storyline
Oh it definitely could. It's like after the triangle they struggled to even find a sense to him. But he'd be so much better off helping the royal family and God knows if Kenna's even coming back, but if she isn't he needs a new love interest at court and not some witch healer from Into The Wooods who made a weird spell on him only months ago.
Old 11-14-2015, 05:58 AM
Fan Forum Star

TBH, if Kenna comes back now it's probably because the show is slipping. They did it when they brought Henry back, that storyline was terrible! As for Delphine... can't stand the woman.

I made some icons last night, thought i may as well with it being Toby's last episode.
Reign: In a Clearing Icons x24

Old 11-14-2015, 07:27 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

I still can't bring myself to watch the last two episodes. I'm not ready to say goodbye dammit!
Old 11-14-2015, 08:38 AM
Elite Fan

I'm not exactly sure why the show so blatantly isolates Bash with his storylines. He's needs to more integrated with the main cast because most of the time he's off with some crap that most of us could careless about. I feel like with Francis's arc nearing its conclusion Bash should have been written to stick close to his brother. As a older sibling you get protective and I don't buy him being off in the woods/searching for Delphine during the final moments of Francis life.

sourburst- Beautiful work. Did you by chance make a icon of Toby just before he collapsed? I nearly lost it seeing that look of peace on his face.
loppabelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 09:10 AM
Fan Forum Star

Not too sure, which moment, but here's a couple I made in the two scenes before he collapsed The first is as he drops his sword?

Francis Icons x4

And actually i was expecting Bash to be close to him as well! I mean series 1 they were close then S2 they made up and were there for each other... but then when he dies they aren't there? However, it was a nice touch that we got to see Bash lay his crown and sword
Old 11-14-2015, 09:17 AM
Elite Fan

Ahh yes. The first one. I'll be using when I get the time to change it. I'll make sure to credit you.
loppabelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 09:22 AM
Fan Forum Star

Aww thank you

I started rewatching S1 after this episode and it just breaks my heart, it makes me feel cold in the pit of my stomach. How sweet and tender it was and the memorable music. The scenes that came back in this episode too
Old 11-14-2015, 10:48 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by loppabelle (View Post)
I'm not exactly sure why the show so blatantly isolates Bash with his storylines. He needs to be more integrated with the main cast because most of the time he's off with some crap that most of us could careless about.
I've had this feeling that the writers' don't really know what to do with Bash. I used to really adore his character but now, it's like, eh, he's just there doing his own thing. I want him to do more with the group (ie, his family).

The real Francis actually died of an ear infection, correct? Was that still the thing that killed him? Because his head was bashed a few times. I imagine that would cause serious trauma to someone recovering from an ear infection.
obisgirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 11:32 AM
Fan Forum Star

The ear infection killed him the first time, the second time it was blunt force trauma to his head i imagine.
Old 11-14-2015, 02:43 PM
Elite Fan

I agree with you! And Charles and Claude were not even there during the funeral scene like wh the hell won't they show them!

I'm happy at least Francis got a chance to say "goodbye" to his mother
De Medici Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 03:40 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by De Medici Queen (View Post)
I agree with you! And Charles and Claude were not even there during the funeral scene like wh the hell won't they show them!

I'm happy at least Francis got a chance to say "goodbye" to his mother
Yes at least the last thing he said to her wasn't "Do what I say or I'll send you back to prison".
Old 11-14-2015, 07:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

Sorry I haven't posted here, yet. I think it's going to take awhile for me to process this episode.

I'm still terribly sad. I will miss Toby, Francis and my Frary so much. Toby is such a special talent, and I can't wait to see all of the big things that are in store for him.

All in all, I thought it was a beautiful episode, with stunning performances - in particular by Ade, Toby, Megan and Torr. This cast is so brilliant.

I reveled in all of the moments of joy and beauty they gave us with Frary in this episode. I will ALWAYS want more of these two, but for me, it was a fitting ending for an EPIC ship. Francis' death was violent, but there was a certain art to it. He died bravely protecting the woman he loved. And it wasn't random. The seeds had been planted since the first frame of the pilot. It was a glorious end, worthy of a King. The writing may always be questionable on this show, but at least they got that right.

I was so happy that we got a lovely final scene between Catherine and Francis. He was her favorite, her golden boy. It's easy to say that, once again, Francis should have listened to his mother. But, I do agree with him. He was given a second chance at life, and he was not going to live it in fear. He was going to live his life on his own terms. Catherine should be proud.

The Mary/Catherine scenes were also beautiful in this episode. Catherine comforting Mary and not blaming her for Francis' death. It appears that we will be getting more of these two, and I'm so excited about that.

I love that Bash was the one to tell Catherine that her son was dead. It was another powerful scene. But I will FOREVER be disappointed and bitter that we didn't get a final Frash good-bye scene, or scenes with Francis' other siblings. I agree with everything that has been said here. They really messed up on that one. I will never understand why they couldn't even show Charles and Claude at the funeral.