Old 10-15-2015, 06:43 AM
Elite Fan

Reign 3.02 "Betrothed" Episode Discussion

E P I S O D E D I S C U S S I O N
Betrothed
Season 3 Episode 2

Air Date E! Online Canada: Thursday, October 15th at 8pm
Air Date CW: Friday, October 16th at 8/7c

ELIZABETH’S ALLIANCE WITH CATHERINE BACKFIRES — Elizabeth must deal with the political backlash of harboring Catherine in England, while Catherine is imprisoned upon her return to France. Mary is forced to make some difficult decisions about securing Scotland’s future and Lola is conflicted in her feelings for Narcisse.

REMEMBER...
* Be respectful of other posters. Not everyone is going to agree or have the same views. Discussions are encouraged, but please keep things civil
* No actor bashing
* Everything is a spoiler until it has broadcast somewhere in the world
* Any talk of illegal downloading should not be brought up here. Live streams & such can be discussed through PM's
* Most importantly, HAVE FUN!

De Medici Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 12:26 PM
Fan Forum Star

thanks for the new thread
Old 10-15-2015, 09:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

TFTNT, Issi!
Old 10-16-2015, 01:06 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for the thread!

I keep forgetting that the show shifted to Wed and I was actually going to look for a dl
Old 10-16-2015, 11:53 AM
Elite Fan

You're welcome. So we have no Canadian Reign fans here?

I hope the link will be up soon though

eta: found it, if anybody needs the link send me a PM

Mary convincing Francis to kill Catherine because she's dangerous

can I just
her !

Charles was so sweet and Claude too defending their mother!

I can't wait to watch Catherine send Mary back to Scotland and I can't wait to watch Elizabeth kill her (I hope we'll see that but I doubt)

Last edited by De Medici Queen; 10-16-2015 at 01:03 PM
Old 10-16-2015, 01:25 PM
Master Fan

Glad to see some Canadian hackers still exist going to watch ASAP.
Old 10-16-2015, 01:42 PM
Elite Fan

yeah, so glad they still watch and decided to upload!

I loved Leith and Claude, they are so cute. I hope the writers won't ruin them like everything else

also, where's Nosty? I thought Rossif is back
Old 10-16-2015, 03:16 PM
Master Fan

OH MY GOD CLAUDE AND LEITH ARE EVERYTHING
The rest I'll write tomorrow but I do need to share these: x-x
Old 10-16-2015, 03:36 PM
Elite Fan

Claude and Leith are SO CUTE, my new otp! They're so adorable! I never thought I'd stop shipping Greith but I hope they 100% forgot about Greith because all I need right now is CLEITH

those tumblr posts though

X

have you seen how easily Mary agrees on marrying Charles? She's acting like it's normal you know, not a big deal. I don't see her pain at all
Old 10-16-2015, 03:48 PM
Master Fan

They're all being too unimpressed tbh. At least Mary last week was devastated (thank God, even though considering s2 most of us found it hard to buy) and yes I realize we can't have the entire cast cry in every scene, but it's like it was no big deal to anyone including Francis's own siblings, even Bash. They were literally already thinking of how to settle once he'll have been so rude to bite the dust and ruin their plans.
Catherine was probably a bit too firm too, but she's a cerebral creature and she's probably planning her own survival before breaking down.
Francis and Mary keep being inexcusable though. Mary even wants to kill her. It's ridiculous. If F dies without reconciling to her I'll be personally offended.
Old 10-16-2015, 04:15 PM
Elite Fan

maybe that's how writers want us to react too when it happens so they're making them all be so... cold
Old 10-16-2015, 06:51 PM
Dedicated Fan

This is only the second episode and I'm already disgusted. So sweet little adulterous Mary wants Francis to execute his mother? Wasn't murdering his crazy father enough? Catherine, misguided as she may have been, didn't betray Francis. Mary did when she slept with Conde. Catherine was trying to protect Francis and France. She could have easily have ordered Lola and the baby killed, but she didn't. Although I agree that making Francis think that they were dead was cruel.

And what's this nonsense about Mary marrying Charles???? Mary never married Charles. Furthermore, after a reasonable amount of time, Catherine shipped Mary back to Scotland. The Scottish folly had cost the French crown too much money for very little return. Also, Mary foolishly allied herself with Diane and used to call Catherine the "Italian Merchant Woman". Catherine never forgot it. RL Mary was as foolish as Reign Mary.

Lola is another foolish girl. She should have known better than to fall in Narcisse's trap. He's a manipulator who doesn't know the meaning of real love. He just wants what he can't get.

Claude and Leith make a cute couple. We'll see how long that lasts.

Bash is misused, the only thing he's done since Kenna left was chase after Delphine.

Beawild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 08:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

Well, overall I thought it was a decent episode. (I'm looking forward to 3x03 even more, for various reasons)

Obviously, all of the Frary was bittersweet and sad. Mary not being pregnant, Charles agreeing to marry her when Francis passes.

I sympathized with Catherine being stuck in the dungeon and estranged from her children - especially after she was told that Francis was dying. However (and I know some will disagree with me), but what disturbed me more than Catherine being imprisoned was the fact that she had Charles send that message that would have lead to the assassination of an entire line - including a seven-year-old and a baby. And she didn't tell Charles the truth to shield his conscience. Oh, Catherine. THANK GOD that Francis and Mary were able to keep tabs on Catherine and stop the plan. I understand the importance of eliminating all threats and potential usurpers, but once again she took it TOO far. Catherine is all about surviving, but at what cost?

I'll have to rewatch the episode, but I didn't catch that Mary actually wanted to have Catherine executed. Neither Francis or Mary is capable of that. They may not trust her right now (for good reason), but they would never kill her. I mean, when Francis left court because of the Bash legitimization plot in Season 1, he returned to SAVE his mother from being executed by his father. They have ALL betrayed each other terribly, but I'm still hopeful that Catherine will reconcile with her son before he passes. Side note: How AMAZING was Megan at the end when she frantically banging her head on the door and trying to get out.

LEITH AND CLAUDE WERE EVERYTHING! So adorable! I'm finally OK with this. As much as I still love Greith, I just don't know if I would want Leith to take Greer back now?

I was a little underwhelmed by everyone's reaction to Francis' dying, but they are all still processing the news and trying to put things in place for after he passes. There was no time to get emotional.

Oh, Lola. Falling for Narcisse's manipulations. I just can't trust that his "love" for Lola has somehow made him a good man. And then after finding out that Francis is dying she goes and tells Narcisse that he just has to "be patient" and they can be together. But, sure, Mary..."it's all about you and Francis." UGH!

Last edited by kerbear28; 10-16-2015 at 08:54 PM
kerbear28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 10:01 PM
Master Fan

Only a few things about this episode bothered me.

1. "Mary has given me more love than anyone in this family ever could" Uhhhh Francis I think that ear infection has spread to your brain...Are you kidding me?

2. I can't yet make out what Charles's motivations are. They really need to flesh him out more. He feels out of place.

3....and speaking of out of place... Bash are you on another show or something?

4. They better have a good reason for Catherine banging her head against the door like that, because if that was just some tantrum, it makes no sense. Catherine wouldn't do that. I hope she only did it to get out of the dungeon or something. They are making her look nuts. Not cool.

I Loved Claude and Leith. I was glad they finally made it obvious that Narcisse is still playing games.

I'd like to make note that Catherine said she loved Mary until she betrayed them and then later she called her "daughter" If Mary would just stop being such an ass, she could have a valuable ally in Catherine. Instead she chooses to make her an enemy. She threatened to kill Catherine just one episode after Catherine refused to kill her and they try to say that Catherine is ruthless. At least she doesn't go after her own. And how could Mary think of killing Catherine after Francis made it clear he doesn't want her dead. Why would she dismiss his wishes? Messed up Mary...super messed up.

And why was Catherine the only one of Francis's family to even shed a tear over his illness or look even a tiny bit upset?

beawild: Mary did not marry Charles, but it was suggested more than once. Many did try to talk them into it, but all parties involved refused.
Old 10-16-2015, 10:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

"Mary has given me more love than anyone in this family ever could" - Yeah, I had to roll my eyes at that one, too. And believe me, that breaks my heart. I understand that Francis doesn't want or appreciate the love that his mother is offering right now, but at least Catherine (in her own way) has always tried to be loyal to him. Mary....well, she has not been loyal. As much I want to move past the pain of last season, I do not want Francis or Mary to forget that! I believe that Mary is genuinely devoted to Francis now, but her love for him has not always been unconditional.

I agree that it was not smart for Mary to threaten Catherine like that, ESPECIALLY after Francis had told her that he did not want to execute her. Like I said, neither of them would actually kill Catherine (and Mary wouldn't go against Francis' wishes), so why taunt her?! I do believe that Catherine loves/loved Mary, and I completely understand why Cat turned on her. If I had a son and someone betrayed him like Mary did to Francis, that person would be my enemy, too.

I'm confused about why Catherine banged her head like that, too. Megan was amazing, but...it did look crazy. Perhaps she wanted to injure herself to gain sympathy or to get Francis to come and see her? I have no idea...