Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-15-2015, 08:04 PM
Master Fan

Wow! Isn't much better than 2x21. That's down at least 170K viewers from last season's finale.

- Captain Frederick Wentworth, Persuasion, Chapter 23
Scarlet|tumblr|Twitter|FF.net
ScarletCourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 10:09 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletCourt (View Post)
Wow! Isn't much better than 2x21. That's down at least 170K viewers from last season's finale.
I read in more than one place that the ratings were up from last week.
Old 05-15-2015, 10:45 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotDoneAbusingYou (View Post)
I read in more than one place that the ratings were up from last week.
the final ratings came out and reign was adjusted down to only 830k viewers. Last episode received 970k viewers
makeitreign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 04:27 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by makeitreign (View Post)
the final ratings came out and reign was adjusted down to only 830k viewers. Last episode received 970k viewers

Am I the only one happy of this?
Bang in your face Laurie.
A finale should bring more viewers anxious to see what to expect for next season...
And depending on whom you ship or character you love, I bet many other viewers will be lost next year...
Personnally, if Caitlin is gone forever i am done (except it breaks my heart to leave all of you on the forum) and pretty sure it will be the same for many others who love Kenna and Toby (cause we know Francis will die soon)...

BTW, talking of Caitlin-Kenna leaving for good : are you there Mandy? I know she is your favourite character and did not read from you since the finale...
Pirouline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 06:42 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Here's my theory. I could be way off but I had this thought. In her last scene with Mary, Catherine was still, even after everything she did, saying that she wasn't just doing this for Francis, but for her too. She has said to Narcisse that she doesn't want Mary hurt and that she cares for her. No matter how badly she carried it out, her main concern is Francis. Giving Elizabeth information to get Mary would also hurt Francis and also give him reason to take her head. No matter how mad she is at Mary, it's not a smart move. What if they just used her banishment as a reason to make us believe she wants Mary dead, when in fact, this is all just a clever plot to take Elizabeth down. Since Francis no longer trusts her, this is the only way she can save him.
I think like with many other things on Reign, they have no idea what they're doing and they'll probably decide along the way next season. My impression though is that Catherine hates Mary with very good reason and feels she's been forgiving to her for way too long, and she wants to destroy her and only her somehow.

Quote:
For all her many misdeeds, Catherine's motivation for most of her actions have always been two things:

1) Her children
2) France
I'm not even in a mood to discuss her actions and motives, the point is that she did practically NOTHING and yet she's banished and Mary is safe and sound at the castle and Francis has already forgiven her. Catherine pretended to kidnap her son's mistress and child, Mary endangered the whole of freaking France and her husband's crown but Catherine's the bad guy here? Because she spread a lie about John while keeping him perfectly safe? I am speechless and mad at anyone who's claiming to have the tiniest right to judge and frame the woman here, Mary and Narcisse being clearly on top of the list. At this point, even with my love for Francis, I'm rooting for one character and it's Catherine.

Quote:
I'll have no peace until it's just Laurie left watching.
Old 05-16-2015, 06:48 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirouline (View Post)
Am I the only one happy of this?
Bang in your face Laurie.
A finale should bring more viewers anxious to see what to expect for next season...
And depending on whom you ship or character you love, I bet many other viewers will be lost next year...
Personnally, if Caitlin is gone forever i am done (except it breaks my heart to leave all of you on the forum) and pretty sure it will be the same for many others who love Kenna and Toby (cause we know Francis will die soon)...

BTW, talking of Caitlin-Kenna leaving for good : are you there Mandy? I know she is your favourite character and did not read from you since the finale...
I checked Mandy's tumblr, she's busy with exams until late May/early June, so I suspect that we won't see her here until then.

- Captain Frederick Wentworth, Persuasion, Chapter 23
Scarlet|tumblr|Twitter|FF.net
ScarletCourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 11:52 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkalice (View Post)
I'm not even in a mood to discuss her actions and motives, the point is that she did practically NOTHING and yet she's banished and Mary is safe and sound at the castle and Francis has already forgiven her. Catherine pretended to kidnap her son's mistress and child, Mary endangered the whole of freaking France and her husband's crown but Catherine's the bad guy here? Because she spread a lie about John while keeping him perfectly safe? I am speechless and mad at anyone who's claiming to have the tiniest right to judge and frame the woman here, Mary and Narcisse being clearly on top of the list. At this point, even with my love for Francis, I'm rooting for one character and it's Catherine.

I'll have no peace until it's just Laurie left watching.
Omg I agree so much with you there!

BOLD: If S3 is like S2 I have the feeling that this could really happen

And yes, Mandy is busy with exams for some time, I really feel sorry for the news about Caitlin! I hoped some other characters will leave coughNarcissecough
De Medici Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 12:47 PM
Dedicated Fan

Is Caitlin really off Reign? I got a telephone call that I had to take during the show and missed some of it. I thought that it was just a temporary thing while she had the baby. Does anyone know why she was written off the show?
Beawild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 02:34 PM
Obsessed Fan

Caitlin didn't say anything yet from what I know. But it seems to me like they wrote her off. We saw pictures of her crying and hugging Fred and stuff and her speech seemed like a goodbye to me. So I think they wrote her off without actually killing her so she can maybe return in the future.
What I think about what happened with Kenna. I know many think it's OOC of her to lie to Bash, but if I'm being honest, it wasn't. She felt trapped and scared and whenever she feels that way she tries to find a solution and end up screwing up completely. That's the classic Kenna that I love. Like when Henry chose Diane and she went and told Catherine about the legitimization resulting in the death of Aylee. Like when she was ruined and decided to sleep with Henry again resulting in him forcing her to wed Bash [...]
I always thought Kenna will end up with a child and a king by her side (wife or mistress), for me that was the logical character finale for her.
If she were to be queen, I thought it would be an old boring man though but it makes sense that he's young because she can easily manipulate him and his rule, I wished the ending would've been her being Antoine's mistress but I guess since Antoine is going to die historically in a few years, they can't have her end up with him because we will go back to the same point (aka her alone and ruined).
So yeah I'm actually satisfied with Kenna should she leave the show at this particular moment. I think it was very IC. I know it's sad that she didn't end up with Bash but for her own character (not shippy wise), this ending is very fitting, I suppose the writers could've included a nice goodbye scene out of respect for the kennash shippers but I guess their vision of the goodbye scene was the sex ? idk. The only other ending I'd have in mind (if she stayed for other seasons), was if she cheated on the boring king and lost her head which would have been heartbreaking and awesome tbh because I love crying over the death of my favorite characters. (lol I'm weird I know I just love the idea of her being a martyr like Catherine Howard or Anne Boleyn)
Anyway, I wish Caitlin all the best if she left the show and I will obviously support her in her other works. I will still watch the show because I fell in love with Elizabeth and I'm also already in love with Claude and I'm interested in seeing what will happen to the ladies, and I know that Antoine will be back soon so I'm very interested in what he will do to get out of what he has done last season.
Anyway, this was just a quick pop up, I will be officially back May 22 after my final exam. kisses

Last edited by itsmemandy; 05-16-2015 at 02:45 PM
itsmemandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 04:21 PM
Fan Forum Star

I think I'm one of the only people who like majority of this finale.

Mary turning Her back in Conde was great, but excusing it with her love for Francis? Hell no. When she was a bong about him always being her true love. I was just like bitch no. You don't get to sleep around and cheat on your husband and expect those three words to sort you out. Laurie has obviously fell into the frying pan there.

Toby's acting when he thought his son was dead was more monumental than anything else in the episode! Although I think he was getting over a cold, he sounded naisily the whole episode.

Nosty coming back is a big yes, but Francis dying is a big no. He should be dead already and now season 3 they're going to play it out even longer. Ew.

And Catherine being banished was hilarious, I've never laughed so much. The way Mary put her in her place too, I couldn't believe it.
Old 05-16-2015, 04:29 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beawild (View Post)
Is Caitlin really off Reign? I got a telephone call that I had to take during the show and missed some of it. I thought that it was just a temporary thing while she had the baby. Does anyone know why she was written off the show?
To be honest, by the episode alone I wouldn't say she was written off. She told the girls she was going to give birth in the north of Europe, leave the child to a family Mary found and then come back. But then she meets this boy king and seems to promise him she'll go to him and be his mistress once she's given birth (though claiming the child is her sister's). It doesn't seem the end of her to me, just something the writers made up to make us believe it is.
The speculation arises because of some set pictures and tweets from the crew. In the picture with Fred Caitlin honestly seems to be crying more than it's needed.

My two cents: At worst she might be in fewer episodes next year, especially if we don't hear of her from set in June. When Peaky Blinders started filming its second season Annabelle Wallis seemed to be nowhere to be found, which was scary because her character was supposed to be either dead or gone off to the USA. Then she instagrammed one single set pic and she ended up being in three episodes out of six.

Plus, when an actor is axed you generally find interviews and press stuff right after the episode airs. No one from Reign uttered a word and there was no talk of the sorts.

Final consideration: If this really was the end of Kenna, it would be underwhelming and ridiculous even for Reign. In a season where no one significant died, the writers wouldn't have wasted a chance to give Bash some man pain and regrets, and the girls some more miserableness, by killing off Kenna. It would also have been a Shonda-like twist, and Laurie is so clearly a Shonda wannabe: Just imagine how tipically Reign it would have been to hint that Lola and/or John were killed, than to have the characters find out they're alive, and then in a blink of an eye Kenna was dead. Reign would have done that.
Nah, she's alive so she'll be back. Like I said, at the worst we'll have less Kenna.
Old 05-17-2015, 03:49 AM
Fan Forum Star

I think Caitlin will be back. When the show returns i think their divorce will be final and she'll show up at court with a young naive King
Old 05-17-2015, 04:42 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourburst (View Post)
I think Caitlin will be back. When the show returns i think their divorce will be final and she'll show up at court with a young naive King

I am okay with the divorce as long as Kenna is not married to the young and naive king!

First because if she is, it is sure Kennash is over forever and also because honestly, it is difficult for me to imagine Kenna with that young man. They took an actor who looks waaaaaayyyyy too young in comparison of Kenna....

In that scene with the king, Kenna says that she will come visit him with her sisters baby. Meaning that bottom end, she wants to keep that baby. Like this.
Old 05-17-2015, 04:43 AM
Fan Forum Star

Kenosha are over though, i don't think there's any point holding on for 4 months on what won't happen. It's obvious she has no feelings for bash. How quick she was to jump on that king. But the king is extremely good looking and we need more meat in the show
Old 05-17-2015, 05:16 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourburst (View Post)
Kenosha are over though, i don't think there's any point holding on for 4 months on what won't happen. It's obvious she has no feelings for bash. How quick she was to jump on that king. But the king is extremely good looking and we need more meat in the show
Well... Maybe no feelings for now...
Reply   Post New Thread