Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-30-2015, 05:44 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletCourt (View Post)
The first words that Conde says is that Mary asked you to offer yourself as a possible match for me. Lola confirms and says not in so many words but yes. And then there's talk of coming to admire each other. So yes, marriage was spoken.
Isn't it somewhat dangerous to talk of a match between those two though? I mean a prince of blood becoming the stepfather of the king's child? They might not know that Francis will die childless, but one should always think of the worst.

Btw I loved their chemistry even more than than Clonde's.
Old 01-30-2015, 12:30 PM
Dedicated Fan

Poor Greer, I hope that her banishment is brief. She doesn't deserve it.

Neither did Mary deserved what happened to her (no woman does), but Conde is not the one she should turn to right now. Pity that they didn't have counseling in that era, she sure needs help. Then again, so do most of the royals on Reign.

Conde and Lola? That's messed up. They would be another unhappy couple.

I feel for Bash. He found out that both his mother and wife betrayed him. I wonder if he'll eventually forgive Kenna.

As for Catherine, what a mess!!! She finally found out who really killed her babies and managed to get rid of their ghosts and Henry's too, but at what price. Her guilt and pain over how she treated Claude is raw and Diane's actions drove to murder, not that I can fully blame her for that one.

I think that Henry took Catherine into the snow covered garden so that she would die and join him and the twins in the afterlife. Why else take her coat off and leave her there to freeze? If it hadn't been for Bash finding her she would have frozen to death like her babies did in the past. I find it interesting that it was Bash who saved her, maybe "Basherine" fans can have some hope for their ship?

I was thrilled to see Alan back, but it was time for Henry to go. It was making Catherine appear delusional and weak.
Beawild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 12:59 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beawild (View Post)
Poor Greer, I hope that her banishment is brief. She doesn't deserve it.

Neither did Mary deserved what happened to her (no woman does), but Conde is not the one she should turn to right now. Pity that they didn't have counseling in that era, she sure needs help. Then again, so do most of the royals on Reign.

Conde and Lola? That's messed up. They would be another unhappy couple.

I feel for Bash. He found out that both his mother and wife betrayed him. I wonder if he'll eventually forgive Kenna.

As for Catherine, what a mess!!! She finally found out who really killed her babies and managed to get rid of their ghosts and Henry's too, but at what price. Her guilt and pain over how she treated Claude is raw and Diane's actions drove to murder, not that I can fully blame her for that one.

I think that Henry took Catherine into the snow covered garden so that she would die and join him and the twins in the afterlife. Why else take her coat off and leave her there to freeze? If it hadn't been for Bash finding her she would have frozen to death like her babies did in the past. I find it interesting that it was Bash who saved her, maybe "Basherine" fans can have some hope for their ship?

I was thrilled to see Alan back, but it was time for Henry to go. It was making Catherine appear delusional and weak.
I have to disagree with you on that, Bash had no right to be mad at her for what she did, she never betrayed him, she was in love with Henry and she was ruined, she did what she had to to save herself as anyone would've done. As Bash actually did himself when he killed that thief because he feared for his life and his mother's life because that thief was a witness of Bash's faith/sacrifice.
He has no right to be mad at her and he's being such a hypocrite right now, because he killed many people for petty interests as well (and YES relieving Francis from the blackmail so he could've a better relationship with his wife is just as petty as trying to save one's reputation)
Bash was being a ****ing moron, and I hope he will soon BEG for forgiveness from his wife because she's been nothing but good to him. She's the best thing that's ever happened to him and now he's just screwing it up for things that happened long before they were married. She didn't even know him back then.
He's basically being mad because she was in love with his father and because she "played games" after being beaten, broken hearted and almost raped for being Henry's mistress. I find it very unreasonnable of him to be mad at her or to feel betrayed.
And he had no right to say "I'm so tired of waiting for liars to tell me the truth." He lied to her not long ago, AFTER BEING ASKED. He's a hypocrite.
Old 01-30-2015, 01:43 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
What's more interesting is that Henry wasn't really Henry, so I guess Catherine had it into the back of her mind that she wanted to die and join her ghost family in heaven (or wherever they are). Because since those ghosts weren't ghosts, all they did and say had to be either her subconscious or what she wanted to hear (that Francis no longer needed her and that Diane looks old respectively).
Old 01-30-2015, 03:02 PM
Elite Fan

I missed one thing... an explanation why is Catherine seing the ghosts?! I hope it's in the next episode and it better be a good explanation!
De Medici Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 03:07 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by reign_demedicifan (View Post)
I missed one thing... an explanation why is Catherine seing the ghosts?! I hope it's in the next episode and it better be a good explanation!
They didn't provide any, but they'll have to. Otherwise it'll just seem like she "saw them because she had to cope with them eventually" and it's crap
Old 01-30-2015, 05:17 PM
Master Fan

I hope we find out why she was seeing "ghosts".

- Captain Frederick Wentworth, Persuasion, Chapter 23
Scarlet|tumblr|Twitter|FF.net
ScarletCourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 07:16 PM
Dedicated Fan

It's in the episode description for next episode that she will find out the cause of her hallucinations.

Last edited by hp_chic72; 01-30-2015 at 07:58 PM
hp_chic72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 07:32 PM
Master Fan

hp_chic72: We're not allowed to discuss spoilers on this board. Hence all the alluding.

Old 01-30-2015, 07:45 PM
Obsessed Fan

I don't think it's a spoiler, isn't it mentionned in the episode ED ?

Last edited by itsmemandy; 01-30-2015 at 07:50 PM
itsmemandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 08:00 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmemandy (View Post)
I don't think it's a spoiler, isn't it mentionned in the episode ED ?
I fixed it, the part about her finding out the cause is in the ED, the other part isn't, I thought it was, but I must have been mistaken, so I must have heard that bit somewhere else.
hp_chic72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 08:05 PM
Master Fan

We're not even supposed to talk about what's in the lengthy ED. Only what's on TV Guide on your PVR.

Old 01-30-2015, 10:46 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center

Yes Scarlet is correct. Only the short DVR/TV Guide ED are allowed.

My DVR description mentions that Catherine will find the cause behind her hallucination so that can be discussed on the board
One Thing Remains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 06:53 PM
Elite Fan

I finally watched the episode last night. It was really good. As dark (and slightly ridiculous) as Catherine's storyline has been, I really enjoyed her psychosis. The snowy maze was an amazing scene in every way and it was really sweet that Bash saved her life. This show doesn't usually do the whodunnit stuff all that well, but I was engaged by the twins murder plot and genuinely shocked when it turned out to be Diane-- not to mention seeing Catherine murder Diane so brutally. WOWZA. Well done. And I'm glad to see that we'll be getting Catherine back to her usual self after this.

The Frary stuff is some of the best we've had in a long while. I almost forgot how adorable jealous-Francis could be. I loved their final scene, with him wanting to watch over her. And I'm SUPER glad that Mary cleared the air about he and Lola sleeping with the baby right away. She also met him halfway about all the Conde stuff, which was both appropriate but also rather nice of her. She is so stubborn sometime, but she let a cooler head prevail. Thank goodness for that! Meanwhile, we now have Conde/Lola as an apparent couple? Will this one stick, that is the question?

I was happy to see some Kennash cuteness and then they had to go and ruin it with possibly the worst excuse for angst imaginable. Is Bash really that angry that Kenna told Catherine about the legitimization plot? So what? He is trying to compare it to his mom murdering two babies, which just doesn't even come close. He knew what Kenna was like before, he knew and he forgave her and agreed to look forward, not behind. It's honestly one of the most contrived plots this show has ever seen, and that's really saying something. smh. I'm sure it'll be resolved, but it's just so dumb.

My poor Greer! I thought Castleroy's mistake was just a way to get him out of the picture, I never imagined it would leave Greer banished, alone and penniless. I wonder what she'll do now? Will she go find Castleroy? Is that even possible if she has no resources? I'm guessing Leith will get some of his land back, so he'll be the one with land, money and title, while Greer and Castleroy are left with nothing. Interesting.
Old 01-31-2015, 10:04 PM
Master Fan

Now that the shock of everything in this episode has worn off, I sitting here thinking that this was the episode of major (some of which were OTT) plot shifts (a number of them causing ridiculous OOC characterization). In this episode, we had:
  • Catherine murdering Diane in a brutal, brutal way (Does Diane not have a sixth sense? Bash snuck up on her from behind and Catherine walloped her from behind. Also, when was the last time Catherine wacked and strangled someone?)
  • Bash pulling stuff out of the past to get upset at Kenna when he's done same or worse. (Bash seems to have parted from reason in this episode. )
  • Find out that Diane killed the twins (this was possibly the least ridiculous of the major plot points)
  • Greer getting banished (now I know that Castleroy would have written on his personal ledger that he gave some money to the protestants who were responsible for the rape for a school, but did the protestants who were responsible also keep a personal ledger of who they received funds from in order to fund a terrorist act? Who does that? So if they didn't, how did Francis and Mary's people figure out that Castleroy gave money? It was secretly diverted.)
  • along with Henry and the twin ghost girls. Lucky for Catherine that Bash was looking for her or else she would have died and who knows if she would have ended up with them since her hallucinations had an earthly cause and they were just conjurations of her mind.

Did they really have to do this all in one episode?

Reply   Post New Thread