Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-11-2014, 03:22 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by makeitreign (View Post)
obviously to give Mary a reason to turn to Conde and still look sympathetic to the audience. She was raped. Francis was keeping secrets from her. The audience will excuse her adultery.
Its so insulting on so many levels. I bet rainn.org is cringing on the inside
Old 12-11-2014, 04:01 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44 (View Post)
Its so insulting on so many levels. I bet rainn.org is cringing on the inside
IKR. I feel bad for them.

- Captain Frederick Wentworth, Persuasion, Chapter 23
Scarlet|tumblr|Twitter|FF.net
ScarletCourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 06:00 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
obviously to give Mary a reason to turn to Conde and still look sympathetic to the audience. She was raped. Francis was keeping secrets from her. The audience will excuse her adultery.
I agree. I don't think actual adultery will happen but she just might turn to Louis and after all Francis did to protect her how could we forgive them if it wasn't for the rape (which was indirectly Francis's fault)?
Old 12-11-2014, 06:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

I posted my thoughts in the Frary thread, but thought I'd post them here as well.

This one was difficult to swallow.

All in all, I thought it was a good episode.

I enjoyed the Claude/Catherine scenes. Did Catherine really poison her?! The scene with ghost!Henry was pretty hot. (HENRINE!!) But, I'm so worried about Catherine. I don't want her slipping into madness like Henry.

Looks like they are going to have Claude come between Kennash (shocker). That look on Kenna's face when she saw Bash carry Claude off.

Leith going to Francis to have Castleroy freed as his "repayment" for saving his life! (I still love my Greith). Greer having to stay behind to protect her husband. Not knowing when or if we will see our Pepperpott again.

I'm really glad that Francis did not kill Narcisse and that he plans to use him just like he was used.

I think both Francis and Mary realized that vengeance doesn't bring peace. That last Frary scene completely BROKE ME. I understand that Mary is traumatized and upset right now, but it still hurts. I can't give up on them. As Francis said, HE LOVES HER, AND SHE LOVES HIM. They know it. We know it. And they WILL come back to each other. That's what they do.

I know they wanted to make me worry with the "Love letter from Conde" cliffhanger, but...please. I just can't see Monde ever REALLY happening. THERE IS NO CHOICE. The feelings in the Mary/Conde relationship have always been one-sided. It's pretty ridiculous for this "revelation" of Conde's feelings to come out at this time, when Mary is so vulnerable. It makes me roll my eyes more than anything. I don't think any actual adultery will happen.

In short... I'm troubled but I have not lost hope that our Frary will return to us.

Last edited by kerbear28; 12-11-2014 at 07:37 PM
kerbear28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 07:00 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerbear28 (View Post)
I posted my thoughts in the Frary thread, but thought I'd post them here as well.

This one was difficult to swallow. Heather, I understand needing to focus on the positive things (Toby's eyes are always one of those. )

All in all, I thought it was a good episode.

I enjoyed the Claude/Catherine scenes. Did Catherine really poison her?! The scene with ghost!Henry was pretty hot. (HENRINE!!) But, I'm so worried about Catherine. I don't want her slipping into madness like Henry.

Looks like they are going to have Claude come between Kennash (shocker). That look on Kenna's face when she saw Bash carry Claude off.

Leith going to Francis to have Castleroy freed as his "repayment" for saving his life! (I still love my Greith). Greer having to stay behind to protect her husband. Not knowing when or if we will see our Pepperpott again.

I'm really glad that Francis did not kill Narcisse and that he plans to use him just like he was used.

I think both Francis and Mary both realized that vengeance doesn't bring peace. That last Frary scene completely BROKE ME. I understand that Mary is traumatized and upset right now, but it still hurts. I can't give up on them. As Francis said, HE LOVES HER, AND SHE LOVES HIM. They know it. We know it. And they WILL come back to each other. That's what they do.

I know they wanted to make me worry with the "Love letter from Conde" cliffhanger, but...please. I just can't see Monde ever REALLY happening. THERE IS NO CHOICE. The feelings in the Mary/Conde relationship have always been one-sided. It's pretty ridiculous for this "revelation" of Conde's feelings to come out at this time, when Mary is so vulnerable. It makes me roll my eyes more than anything. I don't think any actual adultery will happen.

In short... I'm troubled but I have not lost hope that our Frary will return to us.
BIB1: I really did like what Leith did to free Castleroy. He could have asked for anything and he chose this.

BIB2: I agree that there is no choice. Monde is just Condé mooning at Mary.

ETA
Tonight's promo

Last edited by ScarletCourt; 12-11-2014 at 08:53 PM
Old 12-12-2014, 04:02 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

My issue is not even with frary being on the outs and Conde making moon eyes at mary. It's that this could have all been done without having mary raped.

Quote:
IKR. I feel bad for them.
They shouldn't have endorsed it until they knew about the next episode. But, they prob were just given a breakdown and assumed that it would be focused on Mary's pain and how she learns to recover. Granted this is playing out better than I expected, but its still obviously being used as a plot device and that's still 50 shades of effed up.
Old 12-12-2014, 06:45 AM
Master Fan

'Reign' Mid-Season Finale Recap: Mary's Vengeance Doesn't Repair Her Relationship with Francis

Excellent recap that says a lot of what we've been saying.

Old 12-12-2014, 07:57 AM
Master Fan

Can't wait to read from the AVClub to. Thank you! ICA with every word on Catherine in particular.
Old 12-12-2014, 10:05 AM
Master Fan

Here's the AV Club recap/review:
Review: Reign: “Mercy” · TV Club · The A.V. Club

They agree with us that it's confusing. I haven't read the whole thing yet though.

Old 12-12-2014, 11:43 AM
Extreme Fan

It seems reviewers are starting to side-eye reign which is good.
makeitreign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 11:46 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
good. Oh btw love your icon.
Old 12-12-2014, 12:52 PM
Master Fan

Early ratings for overnight is 0.5 1.42M even have a 0.6 for the 25-54 category.

Ratings News - 12th December 2014 | Spoilers

Don't know if this will hold when the final numbers come in, but it is up.

Old 12-12-2014, 01:33 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44 (View Post)
good. Oh btw love your icon.
thank you! I've started the flash and am so happy I did. The show makes me really really happy. despite it all, the characters are really upbeat, and the writers appear to be trying to tell a fairy-tale type romance with barry and iris. The Flash was just what I need to get me out of this reign funk.
Old 12-12-2014, 02:15 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
The AV Club has been quite good to Reign throughout its first season so when it started to side-eye it I knew it was in good faith, coming from *fans* in a way. Plus I pretty much always agree with the reviewers, which is pleasing for a reader
Old 12-12-2014, 02:24 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkalice (View Post)
The AV Club has been quite good to Reign throughout its first season so when it started to side-eye it I knew it was in good faith, coming from *fans* in a way. Plus I pretty much always agree with the reviewers, which is pleasing for a reader
read this one from tvfanatic

Reign Season 2 Episode 10 Review: Mercy - TV Fanatic

she is completely done.

starts here:

"And so all hope for Reign rushes out the window as they take a compelling storyline and go the way of The CW instead.

Yes, I was wrong. On Reign Season 2 Episode 10, the contents of the letter Conde hoped to deliver to Mary were revealed. He couldn't marry Claude because his heart lies with the Queen.

Blah, blah, blah. This might be a wonderful storyline if there was any way in hell Mary and Conde had a chance of making a go of it. But they do not and the decision to toss in a rape as a means of tearing her away from her true love is despicable."

and ends here:

"Reign has jumped the shark.

This is not where I wanted fierce, strong women to wind up; crazy or running away from love. I'll sit in my disappointment while everyone else revels in Mary's smile at learning of Conde's love for her. "
Reply   Post New Thread