Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-11-2014, 04:53 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

I can't with this show. They raped her just to have fm breakup and so they can do monde. How insulting.
Old 12-11-2014, 06:13 AM
Part-Time Fan

When does the show come back on after this MSF?
Tappintoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 06:18 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tappintoes (View Post)
January. Probably toward the end of the month.

"์•„ ์•„๊นŒ๋Š” ๋ชป ๋ฐ›์•„์„œ ๋ฏธ์•ˆํ•ด
์นœ๊ตฌ๋ฅผ ๋งŒ๋‚˜๋Š๋ผ
shy shy shy
Maud&Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 11:05 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tappintoes (View Post)
January 22
makeitreign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 01:16 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44 (View Post)
I can't with this show. They raped her just to have fm breakup and so they can do monde. How insulting.
(repost from spoiler thread)

I honestly don't buy mary/conde at all. Conde fell in love with her in what 4-5 episodes? and francis totally believes conde is loyal to him and mary totally believes she can trust conde already?

this triangle makes less sense than the original. Bash had a true history with francis. He was raised at the castle with francis and they had a great relationship. The audience had reason to trust him, so we could understand Mary trusting him as well and leaning on him. But it just doesn't work with Mary/Conde. Mary and francis met this man a few months ago and have no clue who he is outside of that fact that he sympathizes with protestants and wants mary.

Not to mention having Louis Conde fall in love with Mary is laughable considering who they are in history. The show makes odd choices on what to pull from history. The writers have no problem writing francis and mary's marriage as being an unhappy one, giving francis a baby with lola, having conde fall for mary despite history. But francis must still die, mary must still get raped, and francis and mary can't have kids because of history.

My mind is blown.
Old 12-11-2014, 01:23 PM
Master Fan

Bash fell in love with Mary even quicker XD

์นœ๊ตฌ๋ฅผ ๋งŒ๋‚˜๋Š๋ผ
shy shy shy
Old 12-11-2014, 01:31 PM
Elite Fan

I haven't watched yet, so I really shouldn't say anything, but I can't imagine they intend to really "do Monde." Whatever they are doing is to create a sense of dread for what's to come. We are supposed to worry that Frary won't make it, but I'm sure they will... right up until the point Francis dies, of course.

Despite the lackluster response to the episode, I'm looking forward to watching. I find that what I see is never as bad as other people's comments make it sound.
Old 12-11-2014, 01:39 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maud&Danny (View Post)
Bash fell in love with Mary even quicker XD
not sure about that. Bash didn't proclaim love for mary until they were engaged during episodes 10-13 even though their romantic setup started during the pilot. Mary and Bash kissed in episode 5 yes, but I don't think he was in love with her yet.

Conde started flirting with Mary in episode 3 and he was proclaiming love for her in a letter by episode 9.

Quote:
Despite the lackluster response to the episode, I'm looking forward to watching. I find that what I see is never as bad as other people's comments make it sound.
I didn't think anything in the episode was that bad, just frustrating. It was also not good enough for a midseason finale. The cliffhanger is literally will Mary start a relationship with Conde after finding out his feelings and "breaking up" with francis. The episode ended with Conde's POV. Blah.
Old 12-11-2014, 01:40 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by firewall (View Post)
I haven't watched yet, so I really shouldn't say anything, but I can't imagine they intend to really "do Monde." Whatever they are doing is to create a sense of dread for what's to come. We are supposed to worry that Frary won't make it, but I'm sure they will... right up until the point Francis dies, of course.

THANK YOU! That is exactly what's happening with Conde/Mary.

The episode isn't bad at all but there are some parts that were unecessary and boring as hell.

oh come on makeitreign, even if he didn't profess his love to Mary right away, Bash was into her the moment in saw Mary.

์นœ๊ตฌ๋ฅผ ๋งŒ๋‚˜๋Š๋ผ
shy shy shy
Old 12-11-2014, 01:45 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
THANK YOU! That is exactly what's happening with Conde/Mary.

The episode isn't bad at all but there are some parts that were unecessary and boring as hell.

oh come on makeitreign, even if he didn't profess his love to Mary right away, Bash was into her the moment in saw Mary.
"in to" and "in love" are different. Conde stated he was in love with mary after just 5 episodes of friendship. if conde just stated he cared for mary or just had feelings for mary, I might agree with you, but he said he was in love with her. Bash and Mary were a slow burn compared to mary/conde.
Old 12-11-2014, 02:13 PM
Master Fan

I just watched. I don't think they'll "do Monde" either, but I'm still disappointed with... Everything? I'm starting to think Toby and Megan should just pack and have a spinoff somewhere, just to display what wonderful actors they are undisturbed.

One thing I'm happy about: Narcisse. Finally some payback. Francis was even too pretty and forgiving.

The rest (Frary, Conde, Leith, Castleroy, even Henrine) I'd rather forget about. It's the first time since Reign exists that I'm happy there's a hiatus.

Quote:
The episode wasn't bad, but for a mid-season final I thought it was more of a snoozefest than a "wooow it was amazing, now I can't wait to be in January" episode.
Same tbh.
Old 12-11-2014, 02:36 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by makeitreign (View Post)
I didn't think anything in the episode was that bad, just frustrating. It was also not good enough for a midseason finale. The cliffhanger is literally will Mary start a relationship with Conde after finding out his feelings and "breaking up" with francis. The episode ended with Conde's POV. Blah.
Oh, is that all?

Yeah, color me completely unsurprised. It was obvious Conde was falling for Mary for a while and it was only a matter of time before he'd officially make a move (because of the nature of the show and the network). That means absolutely nothing. The only person's feelings that matter to me are MARY'S and I have complete and total faith that she loves Francis and would never put her marriage vows in jeopardy. Not unless there was a catch in which she had to be with Conde to save Francis... hmmm, that sounds awfully familiar, doesn't it? Knowing this show, I won't say it's impossible, but it'd certainly take great feats of ridiculous writing to make that happen.

As for Mary/Conde being rushed or not... I don't think so. I already assumed he was falling for her and that last week, the reason he got so uncomfortable while she talked about her love for Francis was because he felt that way about her. And, in terms of whether this is more or less rushed than Bash, I'd say decidedly less. I feel like Conde has seen a lot of Mary's best qualities throughout the last 9 episodes-- her loyalty, her strength, etc, etc. It doesn't surprise me that he is "in love" with her by this point, whereas Bash seemed to be gaga over her (enough to betray his own brother!) in 5 episodes where they had barely interacted.

Not saying I want another stupid, pointless triangle(-that-isn't-really-a-triangle-because-the-choice-is-already-made), but at least this one makes sense and has been developing for nearly half a season.
Old 12-11-2014, 03:16 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by firewall (View Post)
Oh, is that all?

Yeah, color me completely unsurprised. It was obvious Conde was falling for Mary for a while and it was only a matter of time before he'd officially make a move (because of the nature of the show and the network). That means absolutely nothing. The only person's feelings that matter to me are MARY'S and I have complete and total faith that she loves Francis and would never put her marriage vows in jeopardy. Not unless there was a catch in which she had to be with Conde to save Francis... hmmm, that sounds awfully familiar, doesn't it? Knowing this show, I won't say it's impossible, but it'd certainly take great feats of ridiculous writing to make that happen.

As for Mary/Conde being rushed or not... I don't think so. I already assumed he was falling for her and that last week, the reason he got so uncomfortable while she talked about her love for Francis was because he felt that way about her. And, in terms of whether this is more or less rushed than Bash, I'd say decidedly less. I feel like Conde has seen a lot of Mary's best qualities throughout the last 9 episodes-- her loyalty, her strength, etc, etc. It doesn't surprise me that he is "in love" with her by this point, whereas Bash seemed to be gaga over her (enough to betray his own brother!) in 5 episodes where they had barely interacted.

Not saying I want another stupid, pointless triangle(-that-isn't-really-a-triangle-because-the-choice-is-already-made), but at least this one makes sense and has been developing for nearly half a season.
ITA. Besides, I actually started to think he was falling for Mary with their, like, third scene, so I knew they'd go there. I just don't think they'll actually have an affair. Also, while there's no hint whatsoever that RL Condรฉ was in love with Mary, men did have a tendency to fall for her. So a man making heart eyes at her may be the only accurate thing about this entire season.

Last edited by drunkalice; 12-11-2014 at 03:41 PM
drunkalice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 03:18 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

What i dont get is why they felt the need to rape mary to tell this story.
Old 12-11-2014, 03:20 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44 (View Post)
What i dont get is why they felt the need to rape mary to tell this story.
obviously to give Mary a reason to turn to Conde and still look sympathetic to the audience. She was raped. Francis was keeping secrets from her. The audience will excuse her adultery.
Reply   Post New Thread