Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-04-2014, 12:51 AM
Part-Time Fan

Oh, Reign. This is where you lose me. I've just read your recap, Scarlet, and I don't think I can even watch the episode. How anyone can use rape as one of many devices to further a plot is disgusting. They shouldn't have gone anywhere near that. Sticking a hotline number at the end isn't giving the topic the attention it deserves, it's cowardly.
I'm very disappointed.
Ruby Rose Scarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 01:12 AM
Master Fan

I haven't watched yet, but I will. I just feel so uncomfortable. Where is the show I was watching?
Old 12-04-2014, 03:04 AM
Loyal Fan

I wanna know if Mary will be the one to punish her rapists. Or be present when they meet the guillotine.

I want @reignwriters to follow through. I want them to write the emotional aftermath. I want the struggles. I want @reignwriters to spell it out.

Look at how this strong woman did: http://huffingtonpost.tumblr.com/pos...g-her-mattress

Can you say @reignwriters can spell out for their audience how Mary, I mean Catherine, can come back from this?

Last edited by shebacs; 12-04-2014 at 03:11 AM
shebacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 03:24 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkalice (View Post)
I haven't watched yet, but I will. I just feel so uncomfortable. Where is the show I was watching?
You should watch it to make up your own opinion. But be aware....this is gonna be hard. If you ask now "where is the show I was watching?", then try to imagine how you'll feel after the episode.

"아 아까는 못 받아서 미안해
친구를 만나느라
shy shy shy
Maud&Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 04:16 AM
Passionate Fan

Its not the use of rape on TV that necessarily disgusts me, but I've never seen a show handle the aftermath well. Ever. (It may have happened on shows I don't watch.) The worst thing is that usually its used to highlight manpain, how its all about the man and the women end up having to emotionally support their men through it. An the camera "lovingly" highlights how vulnerable and distraught and terrified they are before the show moves on to another plot.

I have zero faith the Reign writers can go it justice after how they've handled so many basic plots this season. The rest of the episode sounds annoying as well.
RubyGrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 04:23 AM
Master Fan

^^The episode was not good and I ain't talking just about the rape part. They are alienating all the shippers, the Narcisse/Claude nonsense was pointless and super creepy, Kenna/Lola were non existent, let's not talk again about the rape, I could care less about Conde/Claude, the Bash/Francis scenes were ok but did not impress me one bit....I guess the only good thing is that we've seen more of Greer/Castleroy.

We've actually seen more of Claude in this episode, then we've seen Kenna, Lola, Leith and even Greer who had more scenes this time....and those four are supposed to be regulars! Hell we've seen more of Claude in the last 3 episodes then Kenna or Greer in 9 episodes.

"아 아까는 못 받아서 미안해
친구를 만나느라
shy shy shy
Maud&Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 05:04 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maud&Danny (View Post)
You should watch it to make up your own opinion. But be aware....this is gonna be hard. If you ask now "where is the show I was watching?", then try to imagine how you'll feel after the episode.
IKR? I can't even imagine.

I'm guessing at this point, maybe the unofficial spoiler was their own way to give a TW. I'm not sure how it works in television, if episodes with such contents should have one by law or something. But I'd rather think it was TW then suspect it was some sick form of promotion.
Old 12-04-2014, 08:19 AM
Master Fan

I'm bringing this thread over from the spoiler's thread that talks about how unnecessary the rape was. it is very on point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silviq (View Post)
Guys this is a really good articale that was posted concerning the rape:Reign just went there with a rape scene - The TV Junkies

- Captain Frederick Wentworth, Persuasion, Chapter 23
Scarlet|tumblr|Twitter|FF.net
ScarletCourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 08:20 AM
Loyal Fan

Oh God, just remembered Mary was born on December 8. And this sl, ugh, just, it just became the worst sl.

So sorry, Mary. Even in fiction, they never let you have your happiness and light.

So sorry, to all survivors too.
shebacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 11:27 AM
Part-Time Fan

I read the article you posted ScarletCourt and then I scrolled to the comments and found something interesting. So one of the commenters mentioned that he/she assumed that the network would justify this episode as a way to bring awareness to the matter of rape and violence but then Reign's Makeup Team tweeted for Canada not to spoil the episode. So I checked Twitter to confirm and sure enough, they did tweet that and now I'm just assuming that they did it all for promotion. It's right before the midseason finale, so it does seem more like something for shock value.
RedRidingLola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 11:31 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRidingLola (View Post)
I read the article you posted ScarletCourt and then I scrolled to the comments and found something interesting. So one of the commenters mentioned that he/she assumed that the network would justify this episode as a way to bring awareness to the matter of rape and violence but then Reign's Makeup Team tweeted for Canada not to spoil the episode. So I checked Twitter to confirm and sure enough, they did tweet that and now I'm just assuming that they did it all for promotion. It's right before the midseason finale, so it does seem more like something for shock value.
Yes it was indeed shocking, and I think it was all for promotion, which is even more disgusting. But the thing is promotion should bring people to the show, not drive them away. This rape scene, as shocking as it was, won't attract people in.
Old 12-04-2014, 11:45 AM
Master Fan

Yes, Reign Make up and Hair did post not to spoil I think just a few minutes after the show aired last night. Def for promotion purposes. The ratings tonight should prove whether it was worth it.

Old 12-04-2014, 11:46 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmemandy (View Post)
Yes it was indeed shocking, and I think it was all for promotion, which is even more disgusting. But the thing is promotion should bring people to the show, not drive them away. This rape scene, as shocking as it was, won't attract people in.
People are justifiably angry over this because rape was used as a plot device and, as the writer of the article mentioned, to use the oldest weapon in the world to make a powerful woman fall and to show that she'll come out stronger for it. Ugggh! Why could they have not chosen to write something else? Mary already had the miscarriage, oh wait, she gets raped now and all of these trials she faces will make her into a more resilient woman and a more powerful ruler, enjoy! And the issue is a trigger warning for many people but just tweeting "Don't spoil" implies that they basically don't care too much about their viewers. I wonder if they really thought this storyline would actually attract viewers. Did they not consider the backlash they would receive from viewers and reviewers?
Old 12-04-2014, 11:52 AM
Master Fan

@Reignwriters just tweeted this

Last edited by ScarletCourt; 12-04-2014 at 12:41 PM
Old 12-04-2014, 12:00 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletCourt (View Post)
"Shocking" and "epic"? Well okay. That just confirms it even more.

I read an article that according to TV By the Numbers Reign is on the list of most likely to get cancelled but it also depends on how well the network's other new shows will do. I think the article said the CW is planning on releasing 4 new shows.

This show was once very promising in the beginning.
Reply   Post New Thread