Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-16-2014, 02:00 PM
Fan Forum Star

Mary's rape came as a total shock to me too. The aftermath was heart breaking and on a whole destroyed me. It's the first time I've cried at this show. I'm guessing they're linking this rape to Mary's later years after Francis as I'm guessing we won't be seeing them in the show? Either way this scene got the desired result. It was thoroughly distressing. Francis in the end was amazing too. His reaction was just thoroughly realistic.
Old 12-16-2014, 05:47 PM
Elite Fan

I do think this was an attempt by Laurie to deal with the latter half of Mary's life while still at French court. She started doing this midway through s1 (alluding to Mary's dark future) but she pulled back before it went too far. Now she's gone full-steam-ahead, dealing with Mary's future, while keeping her with Francis.
Old 01-06-2015, 10:45 AM
Addicted Fan

Finally sat down and watched the episode, though I do admit I skipped through the rape scene. Adelaide was utterly amazing. I'm still not sure how the show will deal with this in the long-run, but I suppose I'll keep up with the episodes for now.
Reply   Post New Thread