Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-25-2014, 06:24 AM
Master Fan

The resolution to The Darkness was , but while we didn't know it was just some little man trying to do all the crazy things, I thought it was suspenseful.

Agree with mandy, there wasn't nearly as many complaints about the SLs from last year.

- Captain Frederick Wentworth, Persuasion, Chapter 23
Scarlet|tumblr|Twitter|FF.net
ScarletCourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 06:32 AM
Master Fan

I guess the Darkness sl had at least the merit to keep the *actual darkness* off the castle. It was just something happening to random people we hardly cared about. We'd still get a cheerful tone, something sparkly and entertaining from our main characters.
This time, we're all just plain miserable.
Old 11-25-2014, 06:40 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkalice (View Post)
I guess the Darkness sl had at least the merit to keep the *actual darkness* off the castle. It was just something happening to random people we hardly cared about. We'd still get a cheerful tone, something sparkly and entertaining from our main characters.
This time, we're all just plain miserable.
Exactly
Old 11-25-2014, 09:37 AM
Master Fan

Some happiness is really needed lately on the show

Toby Regbo
Regbo Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 10:09 AM
Master Fan

^^^ This is entertainment/escapism. Nobody wants unrelenting misery.

Old 11-25-2014, 10:13 AM
Obsessed Fan

The only one who's happy in the show is Kenna and they don't show her that much and she has no storyline, and she's soon going to be miserable because of Claude's presence and Bash constantly off somewhere else.
Old 11-26-2014, 04:07 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

TBH the anticipation for the episodes is a lot worse than the actual episodes. I'm enjoying this season mostly because I love politics. I just think they need someone to be happy. Kenna got a lot of story in s1 so theoretically I get why Lola is getting more story this season. I just don't care about her too much so its like
Old 11-26-2014, 04:41 AM
Passionate Fan

The thing is, Narcisse can start all the rumours he wants about Francis killing his own father, but there isn’t any proof and there’s no Supreme/High Court to try a King in. You could call in the Catholic Church (who won’t want to destabilise House of Valois in favour if House Bourbon). Or you can try and whip up the nobles into such a frenzy that they demand Francis’s removal and he has to abdicate and run, which is what happened to Mary later in life. But acting like if you tell someone this big secret then Francis is automatically done is stupid and Narcisse is way over playing his hand here and its working.

Even if people thought the rumors might be true, well it wouldn’t be the first time a son has gotten his father out of the way to seize the throne and as long as Francis remains a better option than the alternative then he’s not going anywhere, nor does he have to prove it’s not true, he just has to work to keep his allies in line and on side and not grubbing for a better deal with the Bourbons or his even younger and more gullible brothers. Francis seems to be falling for it based on Plot-itis, naivety, guilt and stupidity at the moment.

There is nothing to be gained from not telling his wife and mother. If things get serious enough that he might be forced to abdicate and flee then things are going down the pan for them as well, and he must know that his mother at least has assassinated people and kept her power and her head intact. This subplot is really frustrating.
RubyGrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 04:54 AM
Master Fan

Yes, which is why the ratings are where they are at the moment.

When no significant segment of the fandom is happy and the plot you have going has more holes thank swiss cheese, the audience goes away.

Let's hope that something changes.

Old 11-26-2014, 05:02 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyGrace (View Post)
The thing is, Narcisse can start all the rumours he wants about Francis killing his own father, but there isn’t any proof and there’s no Supreme/High Court to try a King in. You could call in the Catholic Church (who won’t want to destabilise House of Valois in favour if House Bourbon). Or you can try and whip up the nobles into such a frenzy that they demand Francis’s removal and he has to abdicate and run, which is what happened to Mary later in life. But acting like if you tell someone this big secret then Francis is automatically done is stupid and Narcisse is way over playing his hand here and its working.

Even if people thought the rumors might be true, well it wouldn’t be the first time a son has gotten his father out of the way to seize the throne and as long as Francis remains a better option than the alternative then he’s not going anywhere, nor does he have to prove it’s not true, he just has to work to keep his allies in line and on side and not grubbing for a better deal with the Bourbons or his even younger and more gullible brothers. Francis seems to be falling for it based on Plot-itis, naivety, guilt and stupidity at the moment.

There is nothing to be gained from not telling his wife and mother. If things get serious enough that he might be forced to abdicate and flee then things are going down the pan for them as well, and he must know that his mother at least has assassinated people and kept her power and her head intact. This subplot is really frustrating.
Exactly, that's why I don't get this storyline at all, Narcisse is just bluffing, Francis needs to tell his mother at least. This is so frustrating
Old 11-26-2014, 06:25 AM
Passionate Fan

I keep trying to tell myself Francis is a very young king panicking with the weight of an unstable country on his shoulders. But at this point not telling Mary and Catherine about the blackmail isn’t helping them and has directly lead to Mary actively hurting and openly working against him. It has made them way more vulnerable on both a personal and political level. And he knows Mary isn’t a shrinking violet, the fact that she goes for blood more often than he does was a source of strain in their marriage.

Plus last season he was disinherited and his mother almost beheaded on what was basically his father’s personal whim, it’s not like he’s not familiar with what Kings can get away with if they don’t piss off the wrong nobles/Popes or spark a mass peasant revolt by showing just how much you don’t care.

If he keeps handing Narcisse whatever he wants and giving him more and more power over him, then he is creating a situation where Narcisse is in a position to whip up whatever rebellion he wants.
RubyGrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 06:34 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
I keep trying to tell myself Francis is a very young king panicking with the weight of an unstable country on his shoulders. But at this point not telling Mary and Catherine about the blackmail isn’t helping them and has directly lead to Mary actively hurting and openly working against him. It has made them way more vulnerable on both a personal and political level. And he knows Mary isn’t a shrinking violet, the fact that she goes for blood more often than he does was a source of strain in their marriage.

Plus last season he was disinherited and his mother almost beheaded on what was basically his father’s personal whim, it’s not like he’s not familiar with what Kings can get away with if they don’t piss off the wrong nobles/Popes or spark a mass peasant revolt by showing just how much you don’t care.

If he keeps handing Narcisse whatever he wants and giving him more and more power over him, then he is creating a situation where Narcisse is in a position to whip up whatever rebellion he wants.
His actions make little sense and seem to be an excuse to cause religious tensions and to make drama for frary. Francis is not dumb but he is acting like an idiot. I find both Mary and Francis to be acting in ways that aren't in line with the characters we met in s1. I have trouble believing Mary wouldn't have figured things out yet.
Old 11-26-2014, 09:57 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44 (View Post)
His actions make little sense and seem to be an excuse to cause religious tensions and to make drama for frary. Francis is not dumb but he is acting like an idiot. I find both Mary and Francis to be acting in ways that aren't in line with the characters we met in s1. I have trouble believing Mary wouldn't have figured things out yet.
So true. These were intelligent characters last season and by purposefully making them make stupid mistakes is just not entertaining for me.

Old 11-26-2014, 10:26 AM
Extreme Fan

IA about the writing for francis and mary. They are both being twisted to fit the plot. And I'm honestly so frustrated with both of them. Francis for not telling mary or catherine. And Mary for not being able to look at francis's pathetic face while she's throwing daggers at his heart and know something is seriously wrong with him.
makeitreign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 01:03 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
THIS. The ENTIRE premise of this storyline, which also happens to be the main storyline for this season so far, is weak to say the least. I think I would much rather Francis being somewhat tricked by the de Guises into thinking those laws are right, and it's not as if Craig Parker couldn't have played a random de Guise uncle.

It's also completely OOC of Catherine to plain ignore his son's rule, since she's not in mourning as she historically was but pretty much active and scheming.