Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-14-2014, 06:10 PM
Elite Fan

Reign 2.03: "The Coronation" Discussion Thread, Air Date 10.16.2014

Reign 2.03 "The Coronation"

"The Coronation" - (9:00-10:00 p.m. ET) (TV-14, SV) (HDTV)

MARY OVERSTEPS HER BOUNDS — With France in a state of famine, as well as religious and political unrest, Mary (Adelaide Kane) looks for a way to feed the people, risking the wrath of a vengeful Lord Narcisse (guest star Craig Parker). Francis (Toby Regbo) is preoccupied by the harrowing suspicion that his dead father’s spirit can possess the living and is haunting Francis as revenge for his murder. As Catherine (Megan Follows) makes excessive and lavish preparations for a coronation ceremony to give the impression of stability to the realm, Bash (Torrance Coombs) confronts the reality of a country plagued by fear, bankruptcy, and murder. Anna Popplewell, Celina Sinden, Caitlin Stasey, Jonathan Keltz and Sean Teale also star. Holly Dale directed the episode written by Harley Peyton (#203).

Basic Rules:

* Be respectful of other posters. Not everyone is going to agree or have the same views. Discussions are encouraged, but please keep things civil.

* No character/actor bashing.

* Everything is a spoiler until it has broadcast somewhere in the world.

* Any talk of illegal downloading should not be brought up here. Live streams & such can be discussed through PM's.

* Most importantly, HAVE FUN!
Old 10-14-2014, 06:50 PM
Master Fan

TFTNT! T-minus 22 hours and 10 mins until the Canadian airing!

- Captain Frederick Wentworth, Persuasion, Chapter 23
Scarlet|tumblr|Twitter|FF.net
ScarletCourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 08:46 PM
Loyal Fan

I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FRARY CORONATION!!!!!!!!!!
shebacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 08:50 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for the new thread Rachel

Toby Regbo
Regbo Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 12:37 PM
Addicted Fan

Thanks for the thread Rachel. So excited for this episode!!

"My Angel"- Queen Victoria
My Queen - Prince Albert
Jessiegabriela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 06:19 PM
Master Fan

There was a lot packed into this episode, so much that I had trouble keeping up and will definitely have to rewatch to catch everything. There was no Leith, not much of Greer, Lola's role is that of the mother of Francis's son, no Nosty (not surprising), but lots of court intrigue and changes in the balance of power at court.

You can find my liveblog here.

Old 10-16-2014, 07:45 PM
Elite Fan

Yes, definitely heavy on the court "intrigue," that I didn't find so intriguing. The famine was about as riveting as the plague... which is to say, not very. But, at least there was a lot of other great stuff going on around the famine.

Eye candy galore. Mary and Francis just look so standing next to each other. And their arc during the episode was great for both of them. Mary continued to go behind Francis back (bad Mary), but also FINALLY seemed to understand that by doing that she makes Francis think she doesn't respect him (because it certainly indicates a lack of respect for his opinion). And even though "Mary knowing her place" was a ruse, Francis came to the conclusion that we've been spouting in this thread since day 1. They are stronger together, than apart. They are EQUALS.

Coronation feels!!! *throws confetti... I mean, FEATHERS/PETALS!*

Yes, the coronation itself was too short and I'd pretty much seen it all in the pictures, but it was very pretty, and like the wedding, it served it's purpose. Love my #powercouple to the moon and back!

Kennash were my second favorite part. They were DANCING and doing swoony things like declare their love for each other. Bash's murder mystery was probably the best plot he's ever had on this show, and Kenna's ambitions (while eye rolling) played right into his plot.

Catherine... she was awesome and yet a little unnerving. They are really starting to twist her from the loving mama bear we're accustomed to, to a heartless, power-hungry manipulator, who is less concerned about Francis' happiness and rule, and more concerned about her own rule after Francis passes. Did I actually see glee at the thought that Mary wouldn't be able to conceive? Yes, yes, I did. I was worried that was coming after her reaction in 2x01, but it still hurts to see it so blatant.

She is fabulous, though, in all incarnations. And she and Narcisse make a great pair. Terrific actors, both of them.

Conde... yeah, I still don't trust him. But, we'll see what happens.

Oh and the Francis/Henry stuff continues to be beyond creepy. WTAF? I'm sure it's not what it seems, as that is the way this show goes. I'm sure the woman isn't really possessed, but instead is being paid to mess with Francis' head. But, who else could possibly know about what he did to his father other than Lord Montgomery? (And whoever Montgomery may have talked to?) *scratches head*
Old 10-16-2014, 08:49 PM
Loyal Fan

Does Lord Montgomery know who incapacitated him? But we didn't really see how Francis got into that jousting costume too.

Oooh, mystery story plot.
Old 10-16-2014, 08:52 PM
Elite Fan

We don't know what Lord Montgomery knows. Hopefully he didn't see Francis knock him out, but he might suspect? I mean, Francis pardoned him for his father's death.
Old 10-16-2014, 08:57 PM
Dedicated Fan

I haven't warmed up to season 2 yet. I miss Henry, particularly his relationship with Catherine. They were so much fun to watch.

I'm also not sure that I like the direction that they are taking Catherine. She cut her own wrists to convince Mary to wed Francis and now we are supposed to believe that's she's more worried about the succession than Francis' safety? I'm referring to the first episode of this season.

After three episodes I'm convinced that Mary is the most annoying Queen in 16th century Europe. She doesn't listen to either Francis or Catherine's advice and when it all blows up in her face, she has to try to fix things. Thanks to her bright ideas Nostradamus was almost executed, along with several guards. I don't appreciate the rift between Nosty and Catherine. He has been her closest confidant, she wouldn't have been so blasé about the thought of him dying.

Also, what's with Francis hearing his father? This show hasn't been about the supernatural until now. So, either Henry is really speaking to him through the nanny or Francis is losing his sanity. Which is it?
Beawild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 09:03 PM
Master Fan

Francis may have pardoned Montgomery, but the fact that he's working in Bohemia tells me that he was probably told to get out of France and never come back, so we may never know what he knows.

Old 10-16-2014, 09:14 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by firewall (View Post)
We don't know what Lord Montgomery knows. Hopefully he didn't see Francis knock him out, but he might suspect? I mean, Francis pardoned him for his father's death.
Why would he need pardoning? It was Francis who killed Henry, not Montgomery.
Old 10-16-2014, 09:17 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beawild (View Post)
Why would he need pardoning? It was Francis who killed Henry, not Montgomery.
No one knows that, though. Publicly, they think Montgomery killed Henry.

I think someone is messing with Francis' head. He's not actually losing his mind. Someone's toying with him. The question is who? Narcisse would be too easy.

I've started having this cracky idea that Castleroy knows, but that is complete lunacy, right?
Old 10-16-2014, 09:25 PM
Loyal Fan

Hmm, I like them putting a supernatural plot on Reign. They have so many avenues to play with a supernatural sub-plot. Like they could go phantom of the opera-ish with Clarissa, but that got nipped in the bud. And how about pagan Diane turning to witchcraft, right? Also I think somewhere I read some adviser of Queen Elizabeth was involved in the supernatural which could have given Elizabeth some power over her 'foes'. That could play into this show, right?

Fantastical, right? Bring it on.

Also I read Complaynt of Scotland and there's a ballad of Tam Lin that resonates with me so much. A prince/knight Tam Lin kidnapped by the Fairy witch and rescued by the fair fiery Janet. i don't know, I just picture Tam Lin and Janet as Francis and Mary or Tobelaide. Though the difference was Mary let go of Francis, while Janet never did let Tam Lin go.
Old 10-17-2014, 08:17 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by firewall (View Post)
No one knows that, though. Publicly, they think Montgomery killed Henry.

I think someone is messing with Francis' head. He's not actually losing his mind. Someone's toying with him. The question is who? Narcisse would be too easy.

I've started having this cracky idea that Castleroy knows, but that is complete lunacy, right?
I don't know if someone is messing with his head of if it's Francis' guilty conscience speaking up. He did kill his father after all, even if he did it for a just reason. Then again, Henry could really be a ghost that speaks through the nanny or someone paid her off. I'll guess we'll just have to wait and see where they take this subplot.
Reply   Post New Thread