Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-13-2014, 07:11 PM
Elite Fan

Reign 1.22: "Slaughter of Innocence" Episode Discussion, Air Date: 05.15.14

Reign 1.22 Slaughter of Innocence

“Slaughter of Innocence” — (9:00-10:00 p.m. ET) (TV-14) (HDTV)

“Slaughter of Innocence” — (9:00-10:00 p.m. ET) (Content Rating TBD) (HDTV)
FRANCIS AND MARY TAKE CHARGE, MAKING BRUTAL CHOICES THAT WILL CHANGE THE FATE OF FRANCE — When the King's (Alan Van Sprang) madness and cruelty reaches a fevered pitch, Mary (Adelaide Kane) and Francis (Toby Regbo) take action. Their choices could change the course of history, but an unforeseen terror brewing in the woods could cost them, and their friends, everything. Mary makes a drastic decision when she learns Lola (Anna Popplewell) is going through a life-threatening labor at a location outside of the castle. Megan Follows, Torrance Coombs, Caitlin Stasey and Celina Sinden also star. David Frazee directed the episode written by Laurie McCarthy and Doris Egan (#122).

Music from this episode:

Basic Rules:

- Be Respectful of other posters. Not everyone is going to agree or have the same views. Discussions are encouraged, but let’s keep things civil.

- No Character/Actor Bashing. We love your opinions on storylines, but keep in mind that these are real people who are just trying to do the best with what they are given. We might not always like how things turn out, but just remember things can always get better.

- Everything is a spoiler until it has aired.

- Any talk of Illegal Downloading should not be brought up here. Live Streams & such can be discussed through PM's.

- Most importantly, HAVE FUN!
Old 05-13-2014, 07:16 PM
Passionate Fan

I'm excited to see finale and what it brings. Thanks Rachel
Old 05-13-2014, 07:29 PM
Master Fan

TFTNT, Rachel!

T-minus 21hr and 32 mins.

Very excited to see what the finale. Hope it will be better than some of the finales that came out this week.

- Captain Frederick Wentworth, Persuasion, Chapter 23
Scarlet|tumblr|Twitter|FF.net
ScarletCourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 05:24 AM
Fan Forum Star

I'm so excited.. I can't wait to get home tomorrow..

Thanks for the thread Rachel

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
kostilicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 05:26 AM
Master Fan

Tftnt Rachel

I can't wait to see the episode

Toby Regbo
Regbo Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 06:43 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks you Rachel!

I'm so pumped for the finale
Old 05-14-2014, 08:14 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm not really feeling excited but these writers can be surprising, so I'm ready for the best and to and

Also I like the title; I'm ready for some life changing events.
Old 05-14-2014, 08:54 AM
Fan Forum Star

I wasn't at first, but after seeing the jousting tournament and knowing the RL situation, I'm pumped.
Old 05-14-2014, 06:04 PM
Master Fan

It was a great episode! I loved it (Mostly because Kenna survives and because KB say ILY to one another.) I also live blogged it on the KB couples thread starting here, if anyone is interested in more details.

Old 05-14-2014, 07:19 PM
Master Fan

The king is dead...LONG LIVE THE KING!

"아 아까는 못 받아서 미안해
친구를 만나느라
shy shy shy
Maud&Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 10:40 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Wow that whole henry and francus sl. So shocking.
ds44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 01:48 AM
Elite Fan

It's so late and I'm so punchy. Copy/pasting my unfiltered thoughts. i apologize for the nonsense....

Boring stuff first:

Greer/Leith - sorry, kids but I've seen this scene play out 89900343 times already and I'm over it. The only interesting part is that Leith's new chick is Castleroy's daughter!

Oh, AND CASTLEROY IS NOT THE DARKNESS! I ship it again, y'all. i ship it like there's no tomorrow.

The Darkness plot was ridiculous and yawn-inducing. Upside? Yeah, there really was no upside. It leads to the big s2 plot, which is the threat of the plague.

The crazy/good stuff:

We got FRAITH right at the beginning! They are friends and it's adorable. Too bad nothing else really worked out for Leith after that. Ooops.

Henry was all over Mary until Mary used her power (and England) against him and he went cray cray-er and decide to joust. Of course, as is historically accurate, he gets a piece of lance through his brain. Bad Montgomery... oh, no, wait, that would be Francis who knocked out Montgomery and purposely KILLED his father.

And I cheered, you guys. i cheered for him. I never wanted him to have to do it, but considering what Henry was planning (invading England; touching Mary) I see why he had to do it and I was PROUD of him

Then came the scenes that shredded my heart like spaghetti. Henry's deathbed. First with Catherine and all the proclamations of love, which I think were actually sincere. Then with her face falling as Henry tells her to take care of Diane. Ruh roh. Cat be piiiiiissed.

And then Francis at his father's bedside. ALL THE TEARS. His, mine, the angels above. We all cried together as poor Francis heard his father's confession (yes, he killed his older brother) and now lives with his own burden of knowing he killed his own father.

THEN MY FAVORITE SCENE OF THE EPISODE-- Francis in the hallway, half distraught, Bash walks in, knowing their father is dead. Bash kneels before his king and Francis just pulls him up and into the tightest hug I've ever seen. MOOOOORE TEEEEAAARS. Actually dead, because have you ever seen such perfection?

Finally, the MF stuff at the end was fabulous because Francis basically said, stop turning into my mother and lets just get it all out there on the table--- KABOOM! In comes the maid with the letter from Lola. Guess what, it's your baby, and Mary knew all along. #somiuchdrama

So, yes, Francis is off to see Lola and Mary goes for help, but dun dun dun, the plot thickens, I mean, the plague thickens. Leaving us with a castle in lockdown and Mary begging Francis NOT to got to Lola after all. He's like, um, nope, gonna go ahead and follow my heart, because that's what I do. You should try it sometime, Mary. She wants him not to choose his heart because it's his duty as a ruler and he says the bestest line ever! "That's not the kind of king I want to be."

Dead.

The KING OF FRANCE has left the castle. And i'm like, you ride, Francis, because you are EVERYTHING and omigod, just when I think I can't love him more, I do. Help me.

PS- Kennash said I love You. Yay!

#goingtobeazombietomorrow

Last edited by firewall; 05-15-2014 at 01:59 AM
firewall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 02:13 AM
Fan Forum Star

All the Grieth scenes broke my heart. I can't comprehend how they made me feel. They were all so sad.

I loved the shots and the music in the jousting tournament. I also knew it was Francis before he took off his helmet because of the walking and the breathing It was a good twist though as everyone thought it was Sebastian. I love that it was Francis!

The darkness was boring, good on sebastian for stabbing him in the head.

I'm happy we got the Catherine/Henry final moments like we discussed in their thread.

I weren't in tears until the F/B hug

Last edited by sourburst; 05-15-2014 at 05:20 AM
sourburst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 05:53 AM
Master Fan

I finally got to watch the episode
Francis was everything He took charge and did what was needed I cried when he cried for his father and I never cry and then when he hugged Bash He has grown up so much since the pilot. He's going to be a good king.

I couldn't care less about Lola and all the parts related to the darkness were ridiculous, if we were supposed to be afraid of that they failed miserabily

Leith is back! His friendship with Francis I didn't like Greer too much this episode, I know she has to take care of her sisters but the way she broke Leith's heart

Bash and Kenna were cute, I'm glad that they could happiness despite their problems at the beginnig

Didn't anyone find ridiculous that Francis left alone like that at the end? How can the King of France leave like that? with no guards or anything

Toby Regbo
Regbo Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 06:34 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by firewall (View Post)
THEN MY FAVORITE SCENE OF THE EPISODE-- Francis in the hallway, half distraught, Bash walks in, knowing their father is dead. Bash kneels before his king and Francis just pulls him up and into the tightest hug I've ever seen. MOOOOORE TEEEEAAARS. Actually dead, because have you ever seen such perfection.
I have to agree that this scene was the best scene in the episode. No words. Pure perfection.

Reply   Post New Thread