Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-28-2014, 07:27 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by shebacs (View Post)
Besides two Toby Regbos, I kinda dig that.
OK, well, I can't exactly object to this!

Quote:
By the way, how old is Bash? Did Catherine give birth to Francis ten years after Bash?
I think Mary/Francis are supposed to be about 16 and Bash is supposed to be about 19.

Not convincing is it?
Old 04-28-2014, 07:37 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by firewall (View Post)
OK, well, I can't exactly object to this!
Hello! No one would object to that.

Quote:
I think Mary/Francis are supposed to be about 16 and Bash is supposed to be about 19.

Not convincing is it?
Really? I thought Bash was really older than Francis and Mary. I mean I thought Aylee was in the same age as Mary while the others were older with Kenna being the oldest, then Lola and the Greer.
shebacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 08:19 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Really? I thought Bash was really older than Francis and Mary. I mean I thought Aylee was in the same age as Mary while the others were older with Kenna being the oldest, then Lola and the Greer.
Well, Torrance is 7 years older than Ade and 8 years older than Toby, so he definitely LOOKS a lot older. But, the actress playing his mom was only 3 years older than him, so the rl ages of the actors doesn't mean a thing.

Basically, I don't think they've ever made it clear how much older Bash is, only that he is older.
Old 04-28-2014, 08:49 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Well, Torrance is 7 years older than Ade and 8 years older than Toby, so he definitely LOOKS a lot older. But, the actress playing his mom was only 3 years older than him, so the rl ages of the actors doesn't mean a thing.

Basically, I don't think they've ever made it clear how much older Bash is, only that he is older.
The script had mary ss 15, francis was 15 and badh as 17.
ds44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 09:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
What I'm saying is, this Darkness plot be more cohesive if the Darkness had ties to the King Henry and Queen Catherine. All comes up to me was Alexandre Dumas' tale of twin royals. One raised as the dauphin, one imprisoned and neglected. Would have wanted the Darkness not to be malformed, but they already went that route with the big sharp tooth.
SO many thing could be more cohesive on this show but I do not think a redux of Louis XIV's twin story would do it good; this show is already so contrived as it is, having another dauphin with an Iron mask...

Quote:
But the gift of sight is supernatural realm in that era. Why not put more?

By the way, how old is Bash? Did Catherine give birth to Francis ten years after Bash?
I know, I was a bit disappointed when the Clarissa reveal happened and a bit surprised that the darkness was a human being too. But I'd rather have that since I do not think these writers can handle supernatural.

Catherine didn't conceive for 10 years but Bash is only 17... I think he is also a year older than Elizabeth. And Aylee looked like a baby next to the other LIW.

Last edited by b4dark; 04-28-2014 at 09:42 PM
b4dark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 05:20 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
What I'm saying is, this Darkness plot be more cohesive if the Darkness had ties to the King Henry and Queen Catherine. All comes up to me was Alexandre Dumas' tale of twin royals. One raised as the dauphin, one imprisoned and neglected. Would have wanted the Darkness not to be malformed, but they already went that route with the big sharp tooth.
I can't say it'd be my favourite plot twist, but it might have sense in a way. Or this Darkness thing plotting some vendetta against the king for dynastic reasons would, anyway. We can't rule out the possibility.

I though Bash was supposed to be like 19, 17 is definitely a bit too young for Torrance. But as long as they don't mention how old he is it's fine.
Old 04-29-2014, 07:27 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44 (View Post)
The script had mary ss 15, francis was 15 and badh as 17.
Don't they write pilot scripts before they cast actors? it's likely bash's age was changed when they casted torrance in his role. No way Bash could be 17.

I would like the show to address this.
makeitreign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 06:48 PM
Loyal Fan

I could get behind Bash being 21 or 22. And that is stretching already.

If Francis is 15 -16, then Bash should be 21-22.

And for legal purposes, Francis should be 17-18 then Bash is 23-24. Now that's the age I think they should have.

Quote:
can't say it'd be my favourite plot twist, but it might have sense in a way. Or this Darkness thing plotting some vendetta against the king for dynastic reasons would, anyway. We can't rule out the possibility.
If only they didn't go the malformed human-monster route, A vendetta against the king by a group of vigilantes doing this elaborate hoax, but then, common people shouldn't have been the victims, but rather, the wealthy and influential ones.
shebacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 09:40 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I like to think Frary are 16-17. Good episode
fox24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 11:54 AM
Master Fan

By the time lines, when they start out in 1557 when Mary leaves the convent, she's 14 since she was born in Dec 1542 and Francis is 13 since he was born in Jan 1544. However, it's hard to imagine that they are that young by the episode of this episode. They married in April 1558, which makes them to be 14 and 15 at this time but I agree with you Fox that they are portrayed more like 16-17.

- Captain Frederick Wentworth, Persuasion, Chapter 23
Scarlet|tumblr|Twitter|FF.net
ScarletCourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 01:19 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't go by the real life ages. I can't imagine Francis as 13 lol. The lowest I imagine him in s1 is 15 and now 16
fox24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 09:30 PM
Obsessed Fan

Tbh I don't even think about their age. It's shocking to think of their real age, and since the actors are much older there's no point in thinking about it.