Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-26-2014, 11:44 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceruleannight (View Post)
Loved hearing your thoughts on the episode, Amanda! I agree 100% all of it!

The writers must have felt like they needed to close out Penelope's story line or they are hoping to bring her back next season as one of Catherine's Flying squad. To give us more of a look into it... Which could be interesting but also kind of yuck. What do you think?
It could be interesting. Because we can see what information she gets and how she use it.
Old 04-26-2014, 11:52 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceruleannight (View Post)
Loved hearing your thoughts on the episode, Amanda! I agree 100% all of it!

The writers must have felt like they needed to close out Penelope's story line or they are hoping to bring her back next season as one of Catherine's Flying squad. To give us more of a look into it... Which could be interesting but also kind of yuck. What do you think?
Glad you agree with all of it.

My thing is that there was so much going on in the episode already, and this seemed like it was tossed in as an afterthought. It would be quite interesting to get a look at the Flying Squad, though. Maybe they'll have it as a part of next season?
enchantedstarlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 11:58 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by shebacs (View Post)
I'm putting this out here, what if Bash tells Kenna his pagan beliefs and Kenna is converted? What if Kenna somehow involves Mary and the other ladies about it? What if Kenna tells Bash that Lola is carrying Francis' child? What will Bash do?

What if this Darkness is another noble birth that was cast away?

What if this Darkness, this man, is a malformed child of Henry and Catherine? The real firstborn of Henry and Catherine? The malformed older twin of Francis? You know, borrowing plot from Alexandre Dumas' Man in the Iron Mask?

And what if 'pagan mysticism' has touched Mary and that's why she couldn't get pregnant?
There are a lot of question marks here.

To your first paragraph, I say, all that is possible since Kenna and Bash are married and now they're falling for each other. They will be each other's confidants in all things. They will share all things.

As for the Darkness stuff... sounds too much like a rehash of the Clarissa storyline, and therefore, unlikely.
Old 04-26-2014, 01:52 PM
Ultimate Fan

My main problem with Penelope is the actress tbh. She simply can't act. So even if they give her an interesting storyline, I doubt I'll dig it.

I love you because you're my best friend
J&M
and I want to grow old with you.
LostInTheSun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 02:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^This too, I can't take her seriously. And she looks so young next to Alan makes me a bit uneasy.

Am I the only one annoyed by the off screen one month has passed between each episode? I feel like it's a bit of a cop out
Old 04-26-2014, 03:20 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by b4dark (View Post)
^This too, I can't take her seriously. And she looks so young next to Alan makes me a bit uneasy.
This. Same problem I had when Kenna was the mistress; it makes me uncomfortable. I used to have zero problem with Giulia and the Borgia pope, I'm probably getting older

The time jumps and fast pace in general are 99 of my 100 problems tbh, I have NO RUSH to get to Francis's death and in case this sword of Damocles wasn't enough there's also some logic missing: why isn't Lola showing? She's been saying it'd show any day now for like three episodes, which means probably two months?
Old 04-26-2014, 03:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I know, the snowballs fight was cute but I was so disappointed Mary was out of the tower: the previous episode ended so dramatically and suddenly, nothing.

I was expecting Lola to have a baby bump since she is already married. She has been pregnant since episode 13, 6 episodes later she should be around 5/6 months. Logically she should give birth in the finale!

I keep wondering why they continue to rush through story lines when they know they have a second season
Old 04-26-2014, 04:01 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I keep wondering why they continue to rush through story lines when they know they have a second season
Right? They must have some kind of a plan, but I really hope they won't keep going so fast or Francis will be dead before we know it! And it's not just about Frary, it's about everything: Mary will have to flee and we'll lose the French court.
Old 04-26-2014, 04:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I know, the snowballs fight was cute but I was so disappointed Mary was out of the tower: the previous episode ended so dramatically and suddenly, nothing.

I was expecting Lola to have a baby bump since she is already married. She has been pregnant since episode 13, 6 episodes later she should be around 5/6 months. Logically she should give birth in the finale!

I hope they slow down the pace really soon.
Old 04-26-2014, 04:31 PM
Absolute Fan

I think Lola's about 4 months pregnant. The only big time jumps have been between 13-14, 2 months and 18-19 a month. An extra month in there would seem logical.
Old 04-26-2014, 08:45 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostInTheSun (View Post)
Well your imagination certainly is running wild.
I know. But this is Reign we're talking about. They already put pagan/mysticism/supernatural theme at that premise of the show, how can I not think of more supernatural twists into the show?

-----------------

Am I the only one here who sees the potential of Penelope as the Queen Catherine's Flying Squad? Penelope got Henry on his knees, tied up to the nines, submissive to her dominatrix, the Catherine saw that. And with proper training, Penelope will make the Queen proud.

Last edited by shebacs; 04-26-2014 at 08:54 PM
shebacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 03:05 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
I know. But this is Reign we're talking about. They already put pagan/mysticism/supernatural theme at that premise of the show, how can I not think of more supernatural twists into the show?

-----------------

Am I the only one here who sees the potential of Penelope as the Queen Catherine's Flying Squad? Penelope got Henry on his knees, tied up to the nines, submissive to her dominatrix, the Catherine saw that. And with proper training, Penelope will make the Queen proud.
I do think the Penelope thing is potentially big. I wonder what she'll be up to in the next season, I certainly hope she won't be dangerous to anyone. She may be another character to interact with Catherine if Nostradamus leaves the court, maybe.
As for the seemingly supernatural stuff, I don't like it and it never hooked me. I'm just hoping it won't hurt Kennash that said they can do whatever they want with it.
Old 04-28-2014, 02:32 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm not even sure Penelope will come back, they write and drop so many stuffs (I'd be happy to never see her again).

Nothing on Clarissa since ep 13. Does Francis even know he has another half-sibling whom happens to be the castle ghost?

Quote:
I don't think there's anything supernatural in Reign's world: Clarissa is just a disfigured girl, the Darkness is just a deviant cult leader, Nostradamus said he was human. I'm still curious about how it ties with Bash storyline/past.
Old 04-28-2014, 09:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I only watch half an ep
Old 04-28-2014, 06:49 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by firewall (View Post)
There are a lot of question marks here.

To your first paragraph, I say, all that is possible since Kenna and Bash are married and now they're falling for each other. They will be each other's confidants in all things. They will share all things.

As for the Darkness stuff... sounds too much like a rehash of the Clarissa storyline, and therefore, unlikely.
No, Clarissa's was the Phantom of the Opera. Raised in the shadows, but still free to roam the castle like a ghost. That's why Clarissa was the ghost lady of the castle.

What I'm saying is, this Darkness plot be more cohesive if the Darkness had ties to the King Henry and Queen Catherine. All comes up to me was Alexandre Dumas' tale of twin royals. One raised as the dauphin, one imprisoned and neglected. Would have wanted the Darkness not to be malformed, but they already went that route with the big sharp tooth.

Besides two Toby Regbos, I kinda dig that.

Quote:
I don't think there's anything supernatural in Reign's world: Clarissa is just a disfigured girl, the Darkness is just a deviant cult leader, Nostradamus said he was human. I'm still curious about how it ties with Bash storyline/past.
But the gift of sight is supernatural realm in that era. Why not put more?

By the way, how old is Bash? Did Catherine give birth to Francis ten years after Bash?
shebacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread