Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-28-2014, 06:16 AM
Absolute Fan

Syphilis leads to mental illness, yes. Both Henry VIII & his daughter Elizabeth I had it. Not sure where the 'black water' fits in that. I would think Nostradamus would be up on his early renaissance STDs. Not like everyone doesn't know the king is randy.
Old 03-28-2014, 06:47 AM
Dedicated Fan

Well, I ship Catherine/Henry and was ticked off how he treated her last night over that kitchen trollop. How dare he threaten her and drug her after she saved his backside when he killed the Archduchess!!!

On the other hand, I hope that good old Nostra can find a cure for what ails him. I want to see more exchanges between Henry & Catherine.
Beawild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 07:13 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuitUp (View Post)
For me, It depends on the input of any Mash fans because I haven't seen their posts in regards to this episode yet. But I doubt a Frary would look for moments between MB, not that you would be blind to it by any means.

I just doubt you would see it that way. So usually in regards to all things Mash i'm more trusting of a Mash/neutral opinion. Or all things Frary i'm more trusting of a Frary/neutral opinion.
That's not to be rude.

I respect your opinion. we just agree to disagree.

I saw jealously from Mary, imo. And a whole lot i wasn't expecting. I really thought the triangle was dead and RIP. But this episode just shifted things in my mind.
You know what. I watched it again and I see the part that you guys are interpreting as jealousy. The "speedy recovery" thing. Honestly, I don't know how I missed that line the first time I watched, but I did miss it.

I still wouldn't classify Mary's reaction as pure jealousy, but I understand why some people would. She's exasperated by his return and, yes, snarks at him when he brings up the fact that it's about another girl. She even turns away to walk out but, as soon as he implies there is something to be worried about her face changes to concern. That's probably why I missed the "jealousy" the first time through, because it's blink and you'll miss it.

So, there you go, I've meet you more than half way on this. Happy to admit when I miss something that is there. Despite what many people think, I actually make an attempt to watch the show sans shipper goggles. I want to read the actual narrative, not make up my own.

Also, on second viewing, I love the episode even more. Both of the FB scenes are great. The first one, because Francis gets to the heart of the matter (he felt betrayed by the ONE person he thought always had his back). And, the fireplace scene, because as much as I wanted Bash to apologize for his actions, I think it shows what a huge heart Francis has that he forgave Bash that quickly. Yes, I know, the fact that he could have died and Bash saved his life went a long way with him, but I think he was still owed an apology in all this. And then, Francis saves Bash right back from their crazy father. That scene with the three of them was aces.

Anyway, I am glad the brothers are back to being brothers, in whatever way that had to be accomplished.

I had to rewind the wedding scene a few times last night, because I'm sorry, every bit of it is pure comic gold, even whilst it is completely twisted and fairly sad for the characters involved. You have the barefoot king in all his mad glory. Catherine nodding off in her chair and Nosty holding her up. Kenna BAWLING and Bash sort of rme as he obeys his father's wishes. Can't get enough of it.

Finally, the very last scene is actually a really great scene. I like the way Bash is cheeky with the guards when he's giving orders and that he basically tells Mary straight up that his daily life is pretty much going to be hell, and that he shouldn't have come back. Look at that, Bash has a backbone after all! I went from being mostly uninterested in him, to seeing the spark that has been lacking. if he stays in snark-mode, add me to his list of fans.
Old 03-28-2014, 07:59 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by firewall (View Post)
I had to rewind the wedding scene a few times last night, because I'm sorry, every bit of it is pure comic gold, even whilst it is completely twisted and fairly sad for the characters involved. You have the barefoot king in all his mad glory. Catherine nodding off in her chair and Nosty holding her up. Kenna BAWLING and Bash sort of rme as he obeys his father's wishes. Can't get enough of it.

Finally, the very last scene is actually a really great scene. I like the way Bash is cheeky with the guards when he's giving orders and that he basically tells Mary straight up that his daily life is pretty much going to be hell, and that he shouldn't have come back. Look at that, Bash has a backbone after all! I went from being mostly uninterested in him, to seeing the spark that has been lacking. if he stays in snark-mode, add me to his list of fans.
Agree on the wedding scene. I've watched it a few times myself. The close-up of Henry's feet is all kinds of amazing. It's all just a giant Greek satyr with its comedic and dramatic elements. GOLD.

And I actually like Bash having a storyline that has nothing to do with Mary. I held out hope through the first eight episodes that they would finally develop the character and then was really frustrated when they didn't really do it apart from Mary. I completely agree that he was actually interesting to watch this episode. Reminded me of 104, where the brothers worked together against Tomas, which I kept hoping they would do more of but never did because of the triangle.
Old 03-28-2014, 09:50 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeautifulContradiction (View Post)
It was good Bash was honest in the end, but I liked how he chose to walk away. He is focused on other things. Which is excellent time for plots and arcs. And for all characters.

Oh gosh, if Kenna got pregnant.. since we know Mary will never have Francis' baby it would be a struggle. Let's hope she doesn't get pregnant. Only if B/K are truly falling in love.
There are so many good storylines/plots for Bash now, he lost the most important thing to him, his freedom, I'm soooooo excited about that.

Quote:
This is the scene I've rewatched the most, it is Reign at its finest: Henry utterly mad and bare feet, Catherine sedated, Francis and Mary completely lost, Kenna bawling and Bash being Bash. It was perfect.

Quote:
Finally, the very last scene is actually a really great scene. I like the way Bash is cheeky with the guards when he's giving orders and that he basically tells Mary straight up that his daily life is pretty much going to be hell, and that he shouldn't have come back. Look at that, Bash has a backboneafter all! I went from being mostly uninterested in him, to seeing the spark that has been lacking. if he stays in snark-mode, add me to his list of fans.
I loved that he wasn't mopey who is me about it, he sucked it up and realized there were more important matters: the vampire diaries the darkness.
Old 03-28-2014, 12:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

this episode was ok.
Old 03-28-2014, 03:16 PM
Fan Forum Star

Wow.. so many feelings in this episode...

+++
Bash and Francis making up

Mary's look on her face when Bash told her he lied. Damn girl, one doesn't overcome his feelings that fast..

Nostradamus & Olivia

---
The wedding I was pretty shocked...

Henry is really becoing crazy... and noone tries to stand up to him :roll_eyes:

Greer

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
kostilicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 03:26 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I want to read the actual narrative, not make up my own.

Everyone interprets the narrative their own way. Also the making up your own and wink face made it look like you were patronizing others for their views? We should all respect each others opinions even if we don't agree, I agree with you. Not to just pinpoint your statement as I see others above you with their opinions too. All's fair here. This comment just stood out the most for me.

However, I totally and utterly agree with this paragraph. I was in stitches watching that scene. Such a big flop in my mind. K/B was predicated from the start, not much of a shock though. It was even more hilarious when 3 minutes later Bash scorned on her behalf. Catherine falling asleep in the chair made me laugh the first time, but the more I watched it, the more I realized she was drugged. Comedy gold. It makes you laugh, until you see the seriousness on Mary's face. That's when they bring the audience back to reality and make you realize what is actually happening. I love that aspect, the way they add humour but can easily snap you back to the situation at hand.
Old 03-28-2014, 05:47 PM
Elite Fan

All opinions are welcome on the board as long as they are shared respectfully.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kategrinstead (View Post)
And I actually like Bash having a storyline that has nothing to do with Mary. I held out hope through the first eight episodes that they would finally develop the character and then was really frustrated when they didn't really do it apart from Mary. I completely agree that he was actually interesting to watch this episode. Reminded me of 104, where the brothers worked together against Tomas, which I kept hoping they would do more of but never did because of the triangle.
I guess they had to make it through the triangle in order to really let Bash become his own man. His final "I lied" scene with Mary, really felt like closure to me. It sets things up for him to do his own thing and slowly fall in love with his wife. I'm excited for the prospects, and I definitely hope that he and Francis get to be friendly with each other on a regular basis, now that the proverbial hatchet has been buried.

Quote:
Originally Posted by b4dark (View Post)
I loved that he wasn't mopey who is me about it, he sucked it up and realized there were more important matters: the vampire diaries the darkness.
YES! It was such a disservice to a character to turn him into a lovelorn puppy. He was set up to be cheeky and roguish and flirty and then... womp womp. He was all those things in the last third of the episode, and I think Kenna is the perfect foil to this type of personality. I think they will each give it as good as they get it.

Here's hoping the darkness storyline can intrigue as much as the mad king sl (which is now officially my fav!)

Along with Nostrilivia, of course.
Old 03-28-2014, 08:54 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I can not wait to see how the K/B mariage works out, I expect a lot of comedy from these two. Bash is a very caring person and Kenna totally about her and I don't think she has ever experienced love before, so they have the potential to be great.
I agree. It definitely has potential! I expect alot of snark and bickering but I hope they slowly start becoming friends and end up falling for each other
redrose13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 09:01 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Unfaithful~ (View Post)
Isn't there an STD that makes you crazy? I wonder if that is what is affecting King Henry? Although Kenna mentioned him using a form of condom, but who knows how well that works.
Well, they do have them made out of animal skins and back then they had to have had something else. People who are allergic to Latex still use them and I'm sure that people like Nostradamus could mix herbs together as well.

People had the clap back then, but I don't think anything shiny had been discovered yet.
Old 03-28-2014, 09:11 PM
Part-Time Fan

This was a great ensemble piece with every segment furthering the narrative w/unexpected twists for good measure. Kudos to the writers!

I laughed. - Katherine at that wedding.

I cried. - Greer: Please look back?! (I despise triangles but Leith/Greer/Castleroy I wouldn't have any problem supporting. Very organic!)

I sighed! - Everytime they mentioned "monster". Just stop w/this supernatural stuff please.

I'm dreading Henry's departure. AVS is eating this crazy-ride to death up.

Little background on Nost's was touching. Can't say I wouldn't have gotten a kick out of watching him do all that kicking and twirling that was going on on the dance floor. You think he would have gotten a vision?

And like that the brothers' relationship is mended. Okay.

Mary was multi-tasking all over the place! GO GIRL!

That wedding by force under the duress of a lunatic barefooted king brandishing a sword was just all kinds of hilarious fun. I love when this show really embraces it's campiness. I did feel bad for Kenna.
MsDeme70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 10:34 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsDeme70 (View Post)
I sighed! - Everytime they mentioned "monster". Just stop w/this supernatural stuff please.
They used the word monster, but both monsters they were referring to are men, so I actually really like that. They are using the superstitions of the time to make things seem supernatural, but there seems to be natural reasons hidden underneath. (Like Clarissa being a ghost, for example).
Old 03-30-2014, 11:48 PM
Extreme Fan

Can that Penelope girl get her comeuppance?

Man, this show is more twisted than the first season of Gossip Girl. LOL
Old 03-31-2014, 12:50 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I need Clarissa to come back and stalk them already.