Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-01-2014, 06:13 AM
Fan Forum Hero

"And the triangle becomes a square..." Dawson.

Last edited by b4dark; 03-01-2014 at 01:06 PM
b4dark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 11:24 AM
Elite Fan

Please no.
Old 03-01-2014, 01:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

You know they will, they missed the mark with Olivia but this time we're in for it.
Old 03-01-2014, 01:25 PM
Elite Fan

I don't think so. Not unless Lola hates Mary's guts, which I don't think is the case. I also have trouble believing Francis would do that to Mary. The only reason Francis/Lola happened in the first place is because neither one of them thought they'd ever see each other again, and because Francis thought he'd never see Mary again.
Old 03-01-2014, 01:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yes but it is not the case anymore , I think they started a connection. I hate this show
Old 03-01-2014, 02:21 PM
Elite Fan

I'll never say never, because this is a soap-opera, but again, it would make Lola officially the worst person in the entire world if she makes any attempt to carry on with a man that her Queen/friend is in love with. 1000 times worse if she attempts anything after M/F are married.

And, unless Francis has a lobotomy on the way back from Paris, I can't imagine he'd want to hurt the love of his life by taking one of her LIW as his mistress. A one-night-stand when he thought he was out of her life was one thing, but an actual affair of any kind? Sorry, not something I can buy unless something else super-crazy happens between M/F. Francis may do stupid things when he is single and hurting, but he's made it clear in the past that he does not want to be his father.
Old 03-01-2014, 04:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I do not think they will have an affair, just that it will add to the Francis/Mary/Bash drama: And though I'm pretty sure it was a one time thing for Francis, I'm not sure what to think regarding Lola, she might want more since Francis is her first since Colin. We'll have to wait and see.
Old 03-01-2014, 04:30 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by b4dark (View Post)
I do not think they will have an affair, just that it will add to the Francis/Mary/Bash drama: And though I'm pretty sure it was a one time thing for Francis, I'm not sure what to think regarding Lola, she might want more since Francis is her first since Colin. We'll have to wait and see.
Which makes sense. I do sense more from her, tbh. But her feelings for Francis possibly mirror Bash's for Mary. Which considering how much this crew of writers love parallels, makes sense.

Only thing in this that that I'm iffy on is this does set up Lola & Bash as a possible pairing, and I really thought they were heading a different direction.
Old 03-01-2014, 09:37 PM
Master Fan

So did I. I liked his episode,but I really felt for Clarissa. Her body couldn't even be buried properly. I also liked Mary pulling rank, even if she conceded to his point.

Lola/Francis was actually kind of hot, but this is Lola we're talking about, not Kenna.

What confused me was her willing to be married to the bastard. It makes no sense and she could have picked one of the boys instead. It's been done before and it still makes more sense than her reputation being ruined and the way it could affect her.
Old 03-02-2014, 03:16 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I feel so stupid because upon rewatch I realized Lola say "I've been with a man before" (that's how much I cared the first time )

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemon tart (View Post)
Which makes sense. I do sense more from her, tbh. But her feelings for Francis possibly mirror Bash's for Mary. Which considering how much this crew of writers love parallels, makes sense.

Only thing in this that that I'm iffy on is this does set up Lola & Bash as a possible pairing, and I really thought they were heading a different direction.
I don't think you can parallel Mary/Bash's flourishing feelings (because it's clear in light of these recent episodes that she went from I want to save Francis' life to not bad, not bad at all),to Lola/Francis once in a lifetime comfort sex. Mary is opened to being with Bash and if she was to go back to Francis I don't think it will be easy; in Francis' case Lola isn't even an option.

But I've always suspected that if Henry pressured Bash to get married, he would go for Lola, but now that she's been with Francis I don't know that I want that. I don't want him near any LIW at this point tbh. Well except Greer, but without the King’s favor he is not different than Leith.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Against_all_odds (View Post)
What confused me was her willing to be married to the bastard. It makes no sense and she could have picked one of the boys instead. It's been done before and it still makes more sense than her reputation being ruined and the way it could affect her.
It is true that marrying little Henry/Charles (even marrying the King himself) would make more sense, but there would be no triangle then

Imo since Mary’ status is God given, and she's not any highborn seeking marriage/alliance her virtue doesn't really matter. As long as Henry wants England, virgin or not she stays a Queen and a mean to the English throne.
Old 03-02-2014, 08:29 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
I don't think you can parallel Mary/Bash's flourishing feelings (because it's clear in light of these recent episodes that she went from I want to save Francis' life to not bad, not bad at all),to Lola/Francis once in a lifetime comfort sex. Mary is opened to being with Bash and if she was to go back to Francis I don't think it will be easy;
I know we'll disagree, but the last two Mary scenes show something very different, IMO than what you imply. First she tells Catherine essentially she would still want to marry Francis but for the prophecy. As in she still loves him and wishes she could be with him. And then she proposes to Bash for strategic, not emotional, reasons.

My assessment is she's become comfortable and accepted her fate and sees this as her only path. Also, with Francis leaving she can try to forget and move forward, putting their love in the past as she heals. And since she's Mary, she'd like to have a good marriage, though Bash indicated in 11 that she's willing to have a political marriage, rather than the type he would like. She's letting herself forget Francis, or trying to. But it's also clear in the two released promos that his mere reappearance hits her like a ton of bricks, there's more emotion and want on her face in those snippets than she's had in any BoP scene, outside of the baby related ones. She's become comfortable, Francis coming back will shake the foundations of the world and life she thinks she's building. Which I think was one of the points of this ep, have her in as good a place as possible before reintroducing her greatest threat - Francis and her love for him.

She's a accepted and settled and in time will likely grow to love Bash, but it's not the same as how he feels about her, and that's what I'm getting at in my MB & FL comparison. I'm not saying they're the same. I'm saying both relationships have one side much more emotionally invested than the other. And I think that's fairly undeniable, no matter the side of the shipper fence you sit on.

Quote:
(because it's clear in light of these recent episodes that she went from I want to save Francis' life to not bad, not bad at all)
I don't think this is clear at all. In fact, Mary's last line to Catherine contradicts that her primary concern isn't still Francis's life.

Quote:
I wish I could have found another way to save Francis's life.
It's foreshadowing, obviously. But it's also a clear indication that though she's trying to move on, she still loves Francis deeply and still wishes he was the man she's going to marry. And that for her, saving his life is still paramount.

Last edited by lemon tart; 03-02-2014 at 09:19 AM
lemon tart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 03:44 AM
Fan Forum Hero

There's no doubt in my mind that Mary STILL loves Francis, she's 15, he is her first love, and she has been waiting for this love since a very young age. I wish the show hadn't shipped Francis away because it is confusing, since Mary doesn't have the occasion to be conflicted. But the fact that he is still on her mind is not up to discussion here.

Yet I don't think it is a coincidence that since ep 9, the show has gone out of his way to show that Mary sees the differences between Sebastian and Francis (how many times have you heard I can see that now ); For the first time she has someone to compare Francis to, and maybe realize she can have a different kind of relationship.

I do not think Mary loves Bash yet, I understood her proposal as wanting to move on: putting the Francis drama behind her and commit in the new relationship she is in, that is why she doesn't care if he is legitimized or not: it is not the point.

I haven't seen the upcoming episodes previews, but I am 100% sure than even if she goes back to Francis, she will miss Bash, because he offered something different.

Now is that something compatible with her Queen status, that is up for debate.
Old 03-03-2014, 02:18 PM
Fan Forum Star

I always keep forgetting she's supposed to be 15

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
kostilicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 03:12 PM
Fan Forum Star

I do as well. It's hard to get to grips with when they all look mid 20's.
Old 03-03-2014, 03:24 PM
Fan Forum Star

and act like them..

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
kostilicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread