Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-28-2014, 07:51 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by tell me a lie (View Post)
episode was pretty boring but i am glad the daughter is dead, she was annoying. i dont really get the purpose of that SL though.

Bash/Mary were the best part of the episode by far, so so cute.

I cant believe francis slept with whats her face, damn that was quick and the writers are actually making it look like there are feelings there. wtf. pretty crappy friend too.
agreed with this.
Old 02-28-2014, 08:08 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen of Babble (View Post)
Did you miss that big church that's like really famous and is calles Notre Dame and the big letters beside it that spelled PARIS??
Yes, that is where real life Mary/Francis were wed.

Quote:
I cant believe francis slept with whats her face, damn that was quick and the writers are actually making it look like there are feelings there. wtf. pretty crappy friend too.
I didn't see the kind of feelings you implied, but I do think they bonded over their pain and emptiness and when they hugged goodbye I thought it was quite sweet. I think they have potential to be great friends, so I hope the show doesn't have Lola pining for Francis in the future.

And yeah, pretty terrible thing for a friend to do. I get that she thought she'd never see him again so she wouldn't have to pay the repercussions, but that doesn't make it alright.
Old 02-28-2014, 09:06 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by b4dark (View Post)
^Seriously??!! Only you could miss it

Ok, you can call me naive about the Lola/Colin thing , I thought their virtue mattered more than that, it would kind of make sense since Lola thought she would marry him but still, a bit reckless.
I miss everything man. It's like I'm clouded by my excitement. -_-

Back in those days virtue mattered, but not as much as we think. History shows all sorts of female's have romantic partners before wedding.
Old 02-28-2014, 11:05 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I know that once betrothed it didn't really mattered if you did it before the wedding, but for girls looking for a good marriage, I don't know, they made such a big deal about Olivia's story.

In other news ie the drinking game: Drink each time Mary says "I can see that now"
Old 02-28-2014, 11:24 AM
Absolute Fan

I'm not sure if this is the right place for this, but I don't see a ratings thread. Maybe I didn't search far enough back. But they hit a new low. *sigh*

TV Ratings Thursday: ‘Community’, ‘Reign’ & ‘American Idol’ Hit Lows + ‘Scandal’ & ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ Return Up - Ratings | TVbytheNumbers
Old 02-28-2014, 11:56 AM
Addicted Fan

Was I the only one who thought Clarissa was going to blink or something at the end? And the fact that those guys were too lazy to bury I was sure she was still alive, but I guess not?
Old 02-28-2014, 12:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I was also sure she would wake up, I guess she's coming back since they didn't bury her and all.
Old 02-28-2014, 03:26 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aylo (View Post)
Was I the only one who thought Clarissa was going to blink or something at the end? And the fact that those guys were too lazy to bury I was sure she was still alive, but I guess not?
That would have been awesome if she had blinked! I feel like they made a point of showing that they didn't bury her...so her storyline is probably not done. Interesting to see what might happen later - after all she did to help Mary - then Mary bashes her in the head! The potential revenge...

I was really disappointed in the Lola/Francis situation. Definitely not okay to do that to Mary, and I agree with an earlier poster that it felt cheap somehow, and very contrived.

I do love Catherine, but I felt like it was ridiculous that they would allow her to go with them to look for the boys after everything she's done to try and hurt/kill Mary and Bash. It's like the last episode never happened!?
FooFoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 05:20 PM
Fan Forum Star

I thought she was going to blink too. I thought that's what they were leading too.
Old 02-28-2014, 07:02 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FooFoo (View Post)
That would have been awesome if she had blinked! I feel like they made a point of showing that they didn't bury her...so her storyline is probably not done. Interesting to see what might happen later - after all she did to help Mary - then Mary bashes her in the head! The potential revenge...
I agree with this. It's not like they had medical doctors examine her. Plus, her body is thrown in the ice, which might actually work in her favor. She could potentially be alive and come back to haunt in the future.
Old 02-28-2014, 07:04 PM
Absolute Fan

I agree with Rachel, I thought this episode was badly written and the dialogue was just horrid, soooooo cheesy. But there was one very important line by Mary:

Quote:
I wish I could have found another way to save Francis's life.
Translates to: I love him, and I wish he was the man I'm marrying, but I I can't because it's going to kill him. Which would kill her. Think that won't be important next week? Yeah, somehow I think it will.

Two || things I adored from Mary & Francis, both their final acts of this episode were strategic. Francis returning to court to try to save his mother. Mary to propose marriage to Bash right away to box in Rome. This felt like the people I fell in love with. Which makes me incredibly happy. I hate sad broke hearted Mary - as in my heart breaks for her. I also have disliked how she's been so reactive this whole arc. To see her taking the bull by the horns again makes me glad, even if what she's doing is silly.

Also, I love that MB are at a place of equilibrium. As close as they're ever going to get to MF in ep 8. Because that means Bash is about to be hit with as big of a freight train as Francis was in 8-9, when HE thought he and Mary were getting married that evening. It seems a fitting way to close this circle of an arc.

Finally, some general thoughts on the BoP now that it's thankfully, finally ending. The main criticism I have is two badly written and blubber filled episodes - 10 & 12. The canvas narrowed so much that the show lost a lot of what made it a hit to begin with. The LiW were reduced to nothing for most of it, Lola got some action, but Kenna & Greer were barely there. No Leith, one ep if Henry. No Francis at all for 2 eps when he had been the male lead for the first 9 episodes. Francis should have been in 10, idk if they should have pushed forward his wallowing or what, but he shouldn't have been gone for both those episodes.

Instead the show narrowed to Catherine, Nostradamus, Mary & Bash. And try as she might Catherine couldn't carry the whole thing. Even with Nost playing an excellent second fiddle. This show is best when it's an ensemble, with light mixed with dark. But apparently light, frothy stories don't belong in the world of mysticism that is the Blood Wood of Mashville. Nor do people need to eat!
Old 02-28-2014, 07:19 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemon tart (View Post)
Two || things I adored from Mary & Francis, both their final acts of this episode were strategic. Francis returning to court to try to save his mother. Mary to propose marriage to Bash right away to box in Rome. This felt like the people I fell in love with. Which makes me incredibly happy. I hate sad broke hearted Mary - as in my heart breaks for her. I also have disliked how she's been so reactive this whole arc. To see her taking the bull by the horns again makes me glad, even if what she's doing is silly.
ICA. They are finally getting back to who they are and, of course, it will help bring them back together (both literally and figuratively).
Old 02-28-2014, 07:24 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by firewall (View Post)
ICA. They are finally getting back to who they are and, of course, it will help bring them back together (both literally and figuratively).
These are those signs they're supposed to be following, apparently!
Old 02-28-2014, 10:39 PM
Fan Forum Star

Oh they def implied feelings, what with the passionate sex and all the looks and little pauses. I don't think that SL is over by a long shot.

I was surprised,I thought maybe itd be a hookup but it was more than just sex imo.
Alexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 10:50 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tell me a lie (View Post)
Oh they def implied feelings, what with the passionate sex and all the looks and little pauses. I don't think that SL is over by a long shot.

I was surprised,I thought maybe itd be a hookup but it was more than just sex imo.
It was more than just sex in that it was two people who were in a lot of pain coming together. But, one of the reasons they went through with it was because it was supposed to be a one night stand. They admitted beforehand they'd never see each other again. So, it was just sex. BUT, I do think there is a real connection and friendship there, and I do think we'll continue to see that.