Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-26-2014, 10:22 PM
Elite Fan

Wow, tonight's episode had some of the worst dialogue this show has ever seen. I mean, it's always been a little cheesy, but someone opened a full can of Cheez whiz tonight.

Aside from the terribly written dialogue, it was also pretty boring. This, like ep 10, felt very much like filler to me. What was the point of Clarissa even? What a terrible/pointless ending for her. I feel like they really wasted all the potential they could have had with that character.

Nice to see Francis again, of course, but his sl was completely pointless and is only going to serve to create more drama and friction for him and Mary down the line.

I have more thoughts which I will digest and share over time. But, gut reaction, it's snoozy.

Last edited by firewall; 02-26-2014 at 10:33 PM
firewall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 01:59 AM
Fan Forum Star

This nights episode was one of the best! I freaking loved it!

M/B had some brilliant freaking scenes. Charles and Mary and the masks was adorable. Though Lola and Francis being in a brothel doesn't surprise me

I'm in a rush right now, have to go to college, will post my thoughts later!

EDIT: So the plot on a whole was good, though I thought they had totally re-written an adaptation of The Princes in the Tower. However, I loved that Mary tried to bond with the princes.

Clarissa freaked me out and even the mask didn't help. The whole put rocks in your pocket, was weird.

The M/B scenes were lovely, the proposal was cute, but not how I had envisioned it.

The F/L scene was expected by many as it is very in character for Francis to have one night stands, what better than a brothel? Surprised by Lola though. A few thought she hadn't lost her virginity, but I knew she had.

Last edited by sourburst; 02-27-2014 at 04:15 AM
sourburst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 12:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Sebastian and Mary

FINALLY Sebastian and Mary acting, talking like a couple, it is all I’ve been asking for, writers. They kissed a few times still they lacked the closeness of a real couple, it was better in this episode.

Mary is still a hot-tempered immature Queen pulling the “I’m the Queen card” when she wants to end the discussion; which is one of the reason Mash works because Bash doesn’t snap back, he takes it in. Both addressing each other’s guilt over Francis was perfect and long overdue.

My second wish was granted: finally a party and a beautiful one with fake!snow even. I wish it was an adult party but I’d take what I can.

I find it interesting that in every day’s life Sebastian brings out Mary’s maternal instinct (both figuratively--he is her work in progress and literally –-baby pagan), but when they fight, he is the one being the adult.

I was disappointed at first that he would go behind her back, but he knows her well and that her stubbornness always clouds her judgment; he did what he thought best for his brothers first: he finally found his cojones and went against her, I liked it.

This second fight reinforced their dynamic, they are always willing to resolve things in the end.

The last scene? Flat lined. “The luckiest bastard on earth”

Francis and Lola

PARIS is a place of debauchery more people need to go there, it was so cliché but I was intrigued and so ready to see Diane smoking opium somewhere; but instead they gave me Lola. Cue to twilight zone theme. I won’t lie, I squealed when I saw Francis and I wanted to hum some superheroes’ theme when he appeared!

Francis + wine? I knew it was going to end with a kiss. I’m pretty open about couples but I dislike the idea of Francis and Lola, and she should know better than staying in a man’s (who’s neither her brother nor her fiancé) room. The talk they had before the kiss made them almost likable, I guess I need time for that one.

I was convinced Lola was still a virgin, but oh well I guess that NONE of them learned anything from Olivia's story. Greer is my last hope lol.

Nostradamus and Catherine

Nos is still loyal as ever, their scene in the tower was beautiful, the lighting conveyed something almost sacred. I knew there was something up and that my Catherine wasn’t dead.

Mary and Catherine

Catherine appearing from Mary’s balcony was almost comical, and I expected Mary to be like “Really ?!” I think their relationship took a great turn in this episode, and I think their last dialogue meant they had somehow made peace and started to understand each other.

Others

Clarissa: Too bad she died when her relationship with Catherine started getting interesting, I thought she would wake up like a good zombie in the end. I still have hope that she will be back.

I really enjoyed the rallying under flags/civil wars talk Mary and Sebastian had with whathisfaceagain, I hope it goes on in the next episode because it might be the most interesting and realistic story line on this show.

Best for last: Bash and Catherine had their first talk, of course Mary had to ruin it .

Last edited by b4dark; 02-27-2014 at 02:00 PM
b4dark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 01:31 PM
Fan Forum Star

You were so thorough And so correct
Old 02-27-2014, 02:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^IKR I had to cut a good chunk of it, at some point I remembered it wasn't a fanfiction!
Old 02-27-2014, 02:12 PM
Fan Forum Star

I notice you said about none of the learning from Olivia. Lola lost her virginity long before and I think Greer shortly after with Leith. So I think that statement should be more for her than Lola?
Old 02-27-2014, 02:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Lola long before? With Colin? I've never thought she was intimate with Colin Same for Greer, I've always had the feeling they just fooled around. Except Mary (at least she was betrothed) and Kenna.
Old 02-27-2014, 06:53 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by b4dark (View Post)
Lola long before? With Colin? I've never thought she was intimate with Colin Same for Greer, I've always had the feeling they just fooled around. Except Mary (at least she was betrothed) and Kenna.
I assumed she wasn't likely a virgin because Colin came in to see her in the bath and it was kind of intimate setting to share a kiss if you've never seen each other naked before. She didn't seem shy at all.
bookcrookliza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 07:47 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by b4dark (View Post)
Nostradamus and Catherine

Nos is still loyal as ever, their scene in the tower was beautiful, the lighting conveyed something almost sacred. I knew there was something up and that my Catherine wasn’t dead.
My favorite parts of the episode featured these two. Catherine is always flawless and I do so love me some Nostradamus.
Old 02-28-2014, 02:33 AM
Fan Forum Star

episode was pretty boring but i am glad the daughter is dead, she was annoying. i dont really get the purpose of that SL though.

Bash/Mary were the best part of the episode by far, so so cute.

I cant believe francis slept with whats her face, damn that was quick and the writers are actually making it look like there are feelings there. wtf. pretty crappy friend too.
Alexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 03:09 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookcrookliza (View Post)
I assumed she wasn't likely a virgin because Colin came in to see her in the bath and it was kind of intimate setting to share a kiss if you've never seen each other naked before. She didn't seem shy at all.
Yeah Tania, like said here.

Lola shared that naked bath scene which she wouldn't have if she weren't. She also spoke of being intimate with Colin and after watching the consummation she dragged him off. Doesn't get more hinted than that haha
Old 02-28-2014, 03:30 AM
Fan Forum Star

What an episode...

here's what I think

+++
Mary and Bash.. I love how they really start acting like a couple. I didn't like Bash goin behind Mary's back, but I LOVED when they talked it out in the end like adults and agreed they both did something wrong And that proposals I wonder if they can go throuh with it though..

Catherine and Mary teaming up once again fro the sake of her children.. Catherin should show a bit more gratitude to Mary IMO.. Nevertheless what Catherine did to her, Mary always cares about her children and helps her.

PARIS <3 I'm no big fan of the city, but still I loved that the story went there

---
Not enough Greer and Kenna, no Leith

Francis and Lola. I'd like the idea in general, but not how it went.. I think it was cheap..

Francis coming back because of his mother and not because of Mary

Clarissa dying, specially Mary killing her. Seriously? That was kinda lame to deal with the situation IMO..

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
kostilicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 04:23 AM
Fan Forum Star

I've seen it twice and had no idea the brothel was in Paris.
Old 02-28-2014, 04:47 AM
Fan Forum Star

Did you miss that big church that's like really famous and is calles Notre Dame and the big letters beside it that spelled PARIS??

Where has your mind been?

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
kostilicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 04:51 AM
Fan Forum Hero

^Seriously??!! Only you could miss it

Ok, you can call me naive about the Lola/Colin thing , I thought their virtue mattered more than that, it would kind of make sense since Lola thought she would marry him but still, a bit reckless.

Last edited by b4dark; 02-28-2014 at 05:51 AM
b4dark is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread