Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-17-2017, 05:45 PM
Part-Time Fan

They are a close cast though and everyone loves her, I would imagine a lot of them probably called or texted her personally that we can't see.

I'm sure if Megan posts something on IG or Twitter like Linda and Meredith did then there would be a similar public response.

Hope she wins though! She is so great.
Old 01-17-2017, 06:03 PM
Master Fan

There's nonreason not to make a passing tweet like Will. Or say something on rheir own posts. Like...and also Congrats to Megan... like come on, this is the thirs time she's been nominated and not a singlenxastborncrew member has ever made a single comment. [Except Will] I know nothing about Will yet, butbI am now a fan of his. At least he has professional courtesy. Itsbjust good manners. Doesn't anyone have those anymore?
Old 01-17-2017, 06:27 PM
Part-Time Fan

Megan's post is perfect since it's honors all the show members who are nominated. If they called or texted her personally then that means more than any passing tweet on social media...well for me it would at least. So hopefully that's what happened.

LOVE Will Kemp though, he seems like such a nice guy all around.
Old 01-17-2017, 06:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

I have to agree with Lindsay. I do believe this cast is close and they all love and admire Megan. I would hope that they all congratulated her in a more personal, meaningful way than a passing tweet or post on social media.

Will is amazing, though. He seems like such a great guy.

LOVE THIS.

brice_bo When my Queen @meg_follows and I are plotting about our next trick.

Old 01-17-2017, 07:56 PM
Master Fan

Texting her does not give her the promotion she deserves. Texting her doesn't let anyone else know that she was nominated and they are proud of her. Social media may not be personal or mean anything to a normal person, but for an actor it is far more important and far more meaningful. Not posting just says...I couldn't be bothered. If it had been Adelaide that got nominated, every cast member would probably have said something.

Megan didn't make her post about her. She made it about all of them and thanked everyone. That is how you.make a post. Not "lookie what I got' and not say.a word about the others. Cast member have comentrd on both Linda and Meridith's posts. Not one of them could mention her? Come on.
Old 01-17-2017, 09:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

It is really weird that they would comment on the others' nominations and not mention Megan. And I agree that for those who are already active on social media, the least they could do is post a short acknowledgement. Megan certainly deserves the promotion. But, I don't know if they really find it necessary as a matter of professional courtesy to post on social media every single time a colleague has something good happen in their career. I mean, when Torrance, Toby and Caitlin all got their new projects, I don't remember anyone posting a thing to publicly congratulate them. That being said, it is disappointing that they didn't take the time to post for Megan in this case. Hopefully if she wins, they will acknowledge it and congratulate her properly.

(Of course, I'm giving the cast a little more slack now. Laurie and the writers.... COME ON, you should have posted for Megan!)
Old 01-17-2017, 09:33 PM
Master Fan

Not every single time, but a CSA is huge. Its one of the biggest awards an actor can get.

Torrance was congratulated on his new show. Caitlin wasn't, butbno one from the cast really communicates with her anymore on social, and saying anything to Toby would be pointless becuse hed probably never see it since he's not on much.

Also, had they not commented in the other posts I might not be so mad, but they did.

Now tbe guy who plays John Knox tweeted for Megan too, and he's almost never on his twitter. Which means he went out of his way to do that.

If it was difficult or took time it's one thing. But it takes like 10 seconds to tweet.
Old 01-18-2017, 12:46 PM
Elite Fan

I wasn't surprised at all that no one congratulated Megan... They've been ignoring her CSA nominations the past years so it was nothing new...

but I AM SURPRISED that they congratulated today I bet they saw my tweet and all the other tweets saying how they are disrespectful ...

really... Tatiana was supported by her show over the past years andshe won every time... her show supported her... Megan never got that support and she lost. Tatiana won an Emmy... obviously... Reign doesn't care about getting awards.. that's why the show is cancelled... so mad at their promotion and Laurie and ReignWriters ... really

but oh well..

Megan has to win this timeeee!

HOW AMAZING is she in the new promo! So badass!
Old 01-18-2017, 08:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

Yeah I saw that the writers and Laurie FINALLY tweeted their congratulations to Megan today. I bet they did see all of the tweets saying that they were being disrespectful.

I wasn't surprised either that they didn't post right away. They ignored Megan's CSA nominations in past years, too. Their promotion of the show and support of their cast is just pathetic. Like I said, if Megan actually does win this year, I hope she gets the recognition and congratulations that she deserves from everyone. SHE SIMPLY HAS TO WIN THIS TIME!!!!

I have to say that Amanda was right - Megan's post about the nominations was perfect. She pointed to everyone else's achievements rather than her own. CLASS ACT.

Megan KILLED it in the trailer. She's so brilliant.

Love this post of yours, Issi.

Oh my gosh, she is so lovely!

Old 01-18-2017, 08:55 PM
Master Fan

I honestly think our tweets had something to do with it. Last year no one really said anything directly to them. Not like that anyway. Like we tried to mention it in passing to get them to think about it, but never went straight for the throat and said hey wake up and give some respect.

That trailer... I can't stop watching it
Old 01-18-2017, 10:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

It looks like you did get through to them. Well done.
Old 01-19-2017, 10:40 AM
Master Fan

Old 01-19-2017, 07:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

That's really lovely, Amanda.

Megan posted a pic of the casting board when the show first started. Just look at those, fresh innocent faces.

A couple of Issi's posts.

Last edited by kerbear28; 01-19-2017 at 08:06 PM
Old 01-19-2017, 07:48 PM
Master Fan

Love the hair notes on all the pics. Hahaha
Old 01-19-2017, 08:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

Yeah, I obviously had to zoom in and read all of the notes. Funny. Torrance and Megan don't have any notes, and under Anna it just says, "Same." haha