Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-07-2017, 05:29 AM
Part-Time Fan

I loved him in Friday's episode. I think he's genuine and really loves Mary, I know historically both he and Darnley were awful but in a show like Reign I think it would be too much to have such awful men both with Mary.

It's hard enough watching the Darnley stuff, to make Bothwell even worse would have been impossible to watch at least for me.

He's not Francis and like you said he doesn't have to be. I have to think with all the chaos, Francis would just be happy Mary has someone protecting her.
Scottish_Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 10:24 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

I agree. Having Mary suffer through TWO toxic relationships with awful men would be a LOT to take - even if it's historically accurate.

Like I said in the episode discussion thread, I think they can find a way to make him a decent man who truly loves Mary, while still explaining his historical reputation. In that sense, it would still be historically accurate.

Yes, Francis would be happy to know that Mary has someone protecting her and loving her.
Old 05-10-2017, 08:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

Another pretty gif set of this scene. I'm still hesitant to fully support these two, but you have to love the angst.

X
Old 05-16-2017, 10:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

ing to share a few gifs of their scenes in the last episode. They really are sweet. For me, it's just hard to get excited about them. I have to confess that every time he says he would die for her, I have to fight the urge to roll my eyes. Like... Dude, it's been done, and done better.

X

X

X
Old 06-03-2017, 03:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

OH, Mary. When will you ever learn not to toy with a man's emotions. And just how are you planning to be "free" of your husband??? Oy.

X
Old 06-10-2017, 04:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

For a moment in this last episode, I was pretty annoyed with Bothwell... suggesting that Mary lock up her ill husband. He has a way of pressuring her that pushes my buttons. But then his words encouraged her and brought her back when she was slipping away during childbirth. I guess we can give him credit for making sure she was alive to meet her son. And even after that, he was willing to walk away.

I have to admit that this was pretty sweet.

X
Old 06-10-2017, 08:12 PM
Master Fan

I feel like Bothwell may snap. He is extremely aggressive in his push for her to get rid of him.
Old 06-11-2017, 09:19 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

Yeah, I have a feeling it could go that way. I'm just so curious to see exactly what they will show in the finale. We will at least see Darnley's death, right? I also assume that Bothwell will be in on it...
Old 06-11-2017, 01:51 PM
Part-Time Fan

I think Bothwell is just at his frustration limit because he knows that no matter the reason for Darnley's actions, they will still inevitably continue to hurt Mary and threaten everything she loves. And per usual he was right.

Mary decides to show Darnley compassion, she set Darnley free and now he's kidnapped her son and we see where that poor baby is in the promo. Makes me so angry as a parent myself.

I personally don't blame anyone but Lady Lennox. She is directly responsible for this entire horror show.

Not sure how Darnley's inevitable end will play out but I'd bet money on Bothwell being the one to do it or at least participating. (I kind of think it will be both Bothwell and James) The show has totally justified all of Darnley's atrocities with the Syphilis diagnosis but that's not going to save him if he's threatening baby James. Gotta save the child over anything else.

Curious what Reign's version of this part of history will be since it's really all so vague historically.
Old 06-11-2017, 07:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottish_Queen (View Post)
I think Bothwell is just at his frustration limit because he knows that no matter the reason for Darnley's actions, they will still inevitably continue to hurt Mary and threaten everything she loves. And per usual he was right.
Well, Bothwell may be right about Darnley being a threat, but I still don't think that locking Darnley up after they knew about his illness was the answer. In fact, that could easily have made the situation worse - especially once Lady Lennox found out about it. Immediately getting him the treatment he needed was the answer. Unfortunately, they just didn't get to him in time. I understand that Bothwell was frustrated and wanted to protect Mary... but he's not exactly unbiased when it comes to Darnley. He has ulterior motives for wanting Darnley gone.

Quote:
Mary decides to show Darnley compassion, she set Darnley free and now he's kidnapped her son and we see where that poor baby is in the promo. Makes me so angry as a parent myself.
It's infuriating. I'm not a parent, so I can only imagine what poor Mary is suffering.

Quote:
I personally don't blame anyone but Lady Lennox. She is directly responsible for this entire horror show.
SAME. IMO, she is solely to blame. Heck, she even got the ball rolling when she separated Darnley from the woman he loved just so he could be king. Everything she did was "for his own good." It makes me sick to think that a mother could have such little regard for her own son's well-being and happiness.

Quote:
Not sure how Darnley's inevitable end will play out but I'd bet money on Bothwell being the one to do it or at least participating. (I kind of think it will be both Bothwell and James) The show has totally justified all of Darnley's atrocities with the Syphilis diagnosis but that's not going to save him if he's threatening baby James. Gotta save the child over anything else.

Curious what Reign's version of this part of history will be since it's really all so vague historically.
Agreed. It will be so interesting to see how Reign interprets it all.

Last edited by kerbear28; 06-11-2017 at 07:14 PM
kerbear28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 07:54 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Well, Bothwell may be right about Darnley being a threat, but I still don't think that locking Darnley up after they knew about his illness was the answer. In fact, that could easily have made the situation worse - especially once Lady Lennox found out about it. Immediately getting him the treatment he needed was the answer. Unfortunately, they just didn't get to him in time. I understand that Bothwell was frustrated and wanted to protect Mary... but he's not exactly unbiased when it comes to Darnley. He has ulterior motives for wanting Darnley gone.
Oh I definitely think that he has a few different motives but I agree with him that in order to make Mary safe, Darnley has to be gone. Unfortunately, history stinks and now they are the point of no return. We all know what eliminating him finally basically leads her to epic downfall.

*sigh* I really really hate history sometimes.

Quote:
It makes me sick to think that a mother could have such little regard for her own son's well-being and happiness.
She is THE WORST. I have serious hate for her right now. How can a mother do that to her own child and also to another mother!! Ughhhh. Die Blondie die.
Old 06-11-2017, 08:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

Quote:
Oh I definitely think that he has a few different motives but I agree with him that in order to make Mary safe, Darnley has to be gone. Unfortunately, history stinks and now they are the point of no return. We all know what eliminating him finally basically leads her to epic downfall.
I do agree with him there. Once they figured out the reason for Darnley's behavior, perhaps they might have been able to keep Mary safe without getting rid of him. But like you said, they have reached a point of no return now.

Quote:
*sigh* I really really hate history sometimes.
Basically.

Quote:
She is THE WORST. I have serious hate for her right now. How can a mother do that to her own child and also to another mother!! Ughhhh. Die Blondie die.
I need to see her face some form of justice, please!
Old 06-12-2017, 03:18 PM
Fan Forum Star

Reign S4 Gif Icons x20

Old 06-12-2017, 08:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

Fantastic icons! I love the Mary/Bothwell moments that you chose. So sweet.
Old 06-20-2017, 12:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

Kinda bummed that we won't get to see their wedding and their marriage in S5. I don't think it would have been pretty in the end, but it would have been interesting for sure.

X