Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-13-2016, 10:01 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Reign

I'm pretty sure you are all correct about there being 3 courts in Season 4. And new male cast will be necessary. I'm excited to see how it all shakes out.

As for Anna, I'd like to believe that she enjoys her job. I'm sure she gets along with the cast and crew and they have a good time. Plus, she's probably grateful just to be a working actor. They all are. Even if she's not thrilled with her storyline right now, I'm sure she knew what she was getting into with this supporting role. There's always hope it will get better. I actually think Lola at English court fighting to save her family is a pretty good storyline.

Keri ~ tumblr ~ Icon: bscgirl99 (Andrea)
kerbear28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 11:46 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerbear28 (View Post)
I'm pretty sure you are all correct about there being 3 courts in Season 4. And new male cast will be necessary. I'm excited to see how it all shakes out.

As for Anna, I'd like to believe that she enjoys her job. I'm sure she gets along with the cast and crew and they have a good time. Plus, she's probably grateful just to be a working actor. They all are. Even if she's not thrilled with her storyline right now, I'm sure she knew what she was getting into with this supporting role. There's always hope it will get better. I actually think Lola at English court fighting to save her family is a pretty good storyline.
Of course she knew that this was not the main character. But apparently she was supposed to be a different storyline. Not like a mother of king's bastard. Stephanie wanted to develop her. And this is one of the reasons why she did not agree in opinions with Laurie. I read that she was to become the third most important female character after Mary and Catherine.
Of course, she loves her job and the people with whom she works. But this show is dragging down her career. It upsets her fans. Caitlin, Toby, Torrance, all her friends from the cast left the show. There was only Jonathan.
Michelle009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 12:04 PM
Elite Fan

Anna is fine. The kings bastard mother got her more storyline than I ever expected Lola as a LIW to have I don't know much about contracts but could someone's contract go for 4 seasons? I mean .. Caitlin left...
De Medici Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 12:19 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by De Medici Queen (View Post)
Anna is fine. The kings bastard mother got her more storyline than I ever expected Lola as a LIW to have I don't know much about contracts but could someone's contract go for 4 seasons? I mean .. Caitlin left...
Kenna and Greer had a more interesting storylines. All hated Lola and her son. As if she did not try, this situation doesn't change. I cann't say "thank you" to the writers for that. Although it should have been the other way around. Nights with Francis should not have been in the original script. I liked how her developed in the second season. But the third season has destroyed all that was built in the previous year.
Michelle009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 02:35 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
It upsets her fans. Caitlin, Toby, Torrance, all her friends from the cast left the show.
That is also true, I was just thinking about it! She seems a sweetheart and she probably gets along well with everyone, but she seemed close with Caitlin and Toby.

Quote:
This is just me speculating but I think actors are usually contracted for about 6 years/seasons. So I'm afraid Caitlin didn't exactly want to go.

Quote:
Kenna and Greer had a more interesting storylines. All hated Lola and her son. As if she did not try, this situation doesn't change. I cann't say "thank you" to the writers for that. Although it should have been the other way around. Nights with Francis should not have been in the original script. I liked how her developed in the second season. But the third season has destroyed all that was built in the previous year.
Greer might have had something interesting with her love triangle and brothel thing but poor Kenna was just fooled / abused by the king and then paired with Bash only so he could judge her and forget he married her in the first place in S2... before being offed from the show. Oh, and the other lady died in S1. So I think Anna/Lola was really fine. Most of those who hated Mary throughout S2 (which is 90% of people watching) actually wanted Francis to reconnect with Lola. Not to mention she became the main love interest of the hottest new guy. So I don't find it to beparticularly frustrating for the actor nor the character tbh. Yes S3 wasn't the greatest for her, but there's still half of it left. And she's in Engliand holding her own against Elizabeth!
Old 03-14-2016, 06:43 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Reign

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkalice (View Post)
Greer might have had something interesting with her love triangle and brothel thing but poor Kenna was just fooled / abused by the king and then paired with Bash only so he could judge her and forget he married her in the first place in S2... before being offed from the show. Oh, and the other lady died in S1. So I think Anna/Lola was really fine. Most of those who hated Mary throughout S2 (which is 90% of people watching) actually wanted Francis to reconnect with Lola. Not to mention she became the main love interest of the hottest new guy. So I don't find it to beparticularly frustrating for the actor nor the character tbh. Yes S3 wasn't the greatest for her, but there's still half of it left. And she's in Engliand holding her own against Elizabeth!
I agree with this. I mean...no character on the show came out of Season 2 unscathed. Lola came out of it pretty well, considering. And now that she is in English court, there is plenty of potential for Lola's storyline for the rest of Season 3.

Old 03-16-2016, 09:19 PM
Master Fan

I might even see a begrudging respect happen between Lola and Elizabeth. If she's anything like her rl counterpart, Elizabeth respects smart people and Lola is a smart woman. She even challenged her by calling her bull. Who knows what's going to happen. Of course they might send Narcisse to rescue her but I would love to see Lola save herself.
Old 03-16-2016, 09:35 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Reign

^ I would love to see Lola continue to challenge Elizabeth and ultimately save herself. Lola is definitely a smart, resourceful woman. It would be nice if the show remembered that.

Old 03-17-2016, 06:43 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkalice (View Post)
I might even see a begrudging respect happen between Lola and Elizabeth. If she's anything like her rl counterpart, Elizabeth respects smart people and Lola is a smart woman. She even challenged her by calling her bull. Who knows what's going to happen. Of course they might send Narcisse to rescue her but I would love to see Lola save herself.
Atleast Lola is still alive.
Old 03-17-2016, 10:40 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Lola is definitely a smart, resourceful woman. It would be nice if the show remembered that.
Yeah it kind of makes me think of - granted it's two totally different shows but still - when on Scandal Olivia was abducted and held as hostage, she saved herself. She came up with trillions ideas, she was so resourceful and even if the storyline per se was rubbish it was really exciting to watch her.
Old 03-17-2016, 06:04 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Reign

When any character is forced to step up and rise to the occasion, that is when they truly shine.

Old 04-05-2016, 01:32 PM
Elite Fan

20 DAYS GUYS!
Old 04-05-2016, 07:14 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Reign

SO SOON!!!! Less than three weeks.

Old 04-06-2016, 02:28 PM
Elite Fan

Yes. We're gonna survive another hiatus. so soon!
Old 04-06-2016, 07:49 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Reign

We are gonna make it. So proud of us!

Reply   Post New Thread