Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-04-2017, 12:43 PM
Master Fan

Snark is fine...I'm referring to the fact that it appears she sleeps with Bothwell.
Old 04-04-2017, 02:22 PM
Part-Time Fan

Oh yeah I agree. If she does sleep with him, definitely not so rational lol.
Old 04-05-2017, 11:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottish_Queen (View Post)
I just watched that scene again and she gave him plenty of opportunity to explain his side and he did explain it to her while she listened.

He told her that Kiera was the love of his life and that they were torn apart by a lie and that she's married and they have no future...so by default that means he's going to marry Mary (hey now that's what every woman wants to hear ). 'Well the love of my life is occupied so you will do' LOL.

I wouldn't expect Mary or any woman to just trust anything he says in the moment when you are just finding out your spouse cheated. Why should she believe him when he says he will end it? He just lied to her face and broke any trust they had.

The forgiveness stuff and figuring out if a second chance is deserved comes later after everyone has had a chance to cool down. This was just the initial confrontation. Most people aren't all that rational after they initially find out their parter is cheating.
I agree with all of this. Especially the part about Darnley calling Keira the love of his life and telling Mary that he is basically settling for her. How incredibly romantic. Just what every woman wants to hear.

Like you both said, Mary's initial reaction might have been irrational, but that is understandable at first. If she retaliates by sleeping with Bothwell... that would definitely not be rational, either. She would still be reacting purely out of emotion, which is dangerous.
Old 04-06-2017, 01:43 PM
Master Fan

Was Darnley rude and obnoxious? Yes. Dobyou throw everything away just because he made a mistake? No. Darnley is clearly an emotional guy. He gets easily insulted and acts rashly. Does tgat mean he didn’t feel bad for what he did? I don't think so. I think he feels bad for hurting Mary and if she had reacted differently, he might have apologized and fixed it. You could see the look on his face during that conversation go from sad puppy hiding in the corner after he peed on the rug to flippant and standoffish as soon as Mary started scolding him.
Old 04-06-2017, 08:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

I really can't really argue with that. I do believe that Darnley cares for Mary and he did feel remorse for hurting her. I think he may have genuinely apologized and tried to make things right if Mary hadn't reacted the way she did and scolded and insulted him. She wounded his fragile ego enough that he closed himself off and got defensive. One of the reasons why this relationship doesn't work is because they BOTH have a tendency to act rashly and impulsively - fueled by emotion. They don't balance each other out the way Mary and Francis did.
Old 04-06-2017, 08:55 PM
Master Fan

That's exactly it. They are too much alike....being related can do that to you
Old 04-07-2017, 07:49 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

Yeah, just another reason not to marry your cousin.
Old 04-07-2017, 07:54 PM
Master Fan

@BradEYoung:
‘The Remorseful One!’ Lord Darnley betrayed Mary but can he win back her love? Find out on an All New #Reign 9/8c
Old 04-09-2017, 01:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

Aww that's a great pic of Will.

I know I should be angry at Darnley.... and believe me I am. He's a jerk. But it's all so complicated. Yes, he dared to insult MY FRANCIS. But...he was trying to defend Mary when his friend said she was barren. OF COURSE Mary would believe that Darnley was continuing his affair with Keira. But...in reality he had let the love of his life go and wanted to make things work with Mary. He was sorry for the mistake he had made. I understand why he blames Mary for Keira's death and why he hates her. It's such a disaster. Misunderstandings and horrible timing.
Old 04-09-2017, 02:02 PM
Master Fan

Everyone is spewing hate for Darnley, but honestly just feel bad for him. He didn't really do anything bad. He's really trying. Yes he messed up and his attitude is childish at times, but he's nit a bad person. If Kira hadn't shown back up I think Mary actually could have been happy with him. It's really so sad.
Old 04-09-2017, 02:08 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerbear28 (View Post)
Aww that's a great pic of Will.

I know I should be angry at Darnley.... and believe me I am. He's a jerk. But it's all so complicated. Yes, he dared to insult MY FRANCIS. But...he was trying to defend Mary when his friend said she was barren. OF COURSE Mary would believe that Darnley was continuing his affair with Keira. But...in reality he had let the love of his life go and wanted to make things work with Mary. He was sorry for the mistake he had made. I understand why he blames Mary for Keira's death and why he hates her. It's such a disaster. Misunderstandings and horrible timing.
Darnley literally gives me whiplash lol. One second he's sexy and charming, the next he's being an arrogant ass and he's cheating on Mary causing me to loathe him, then the next he's being sincere with jewels and committment...those writers weren't kidding when they called this relationship a rollercoaster.

Darnley's mother really ruined his life. He loved Kira, lost her. Then moved on with Mary and was sincere with it only for Kira to show back up which ruined any happiness he was forming with Mary. Now Kira's dead(though I'm thinking she's not really) and he blames Mary for all of it, boy now this is healthy way to start a marriage

It's a horrible situation. Now Mary will marry him and he'll spend the entire time trying to take her down I'm assuming. How we get from the state they are in now to a wedding and heir is beyond me.

Crazy drama.
Old 04-09-2017, 02:22 PM
Master Fan

I don't think Kira will die either. If she was going to she would have just been dead already before the episode ended.
Old 04-09-2017, 05:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

Interesting. I never even thought that Keira might survive. But you're right, they didn't show that she had died before the end of the episode...

Whiplash and roller coaster ride about cover it. WOW. It's definitely not a healthy way to start a marriage.

Quote:
It's a horrible situation. Now Mary will marry him and he'll spend the entire time trying to take her down I'm assuming. How we get from the state they are in now to a wedding and heir is beyond me.
Exactly. I just feel so terrible for both of them. From this point, I have no clue how they will actually get to the wedding and the heir, either.

All of the hate for Darnley is unfair. I don't think he's evil. He really was trying. Getting Mary those jewels was really thoughtful. Her face at the end of this scene.

X
Old 04-09-2017, 07:08 PM
Master Fan

Maybe she survives and that's why Mary changes her mind. She feels like he won't hate her now that Kira is okay.
Old 04-10-2017, 06:52 AM
Part-Time Fan

Yeah, if Kira survives I think Mary would feel less queasy about the marriage. It's hard to imagine marrying someone who blames you for the death of the woman they really love.

We know this marriage is happening so I feel like something has to happen where these two reconnect somehow and her not dying would be a good first step.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread