Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-06-2016, 02:02 PM
Elite Fan

And I hope they will accept and I hope there will still be tickets available if they do
Old 06-06-2016, 03:47 PM
Master Fan

I also hope someone tapes it so we fans not close enough to attend can see it. I wish they would do these in the states too.
Old 06-06-2016, 08:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

Quote:
Originally Posted by De Medici Queen (View Post)
And I hope they will accept and I hope there will still be tickets available if they do
Yeah, that's the tricky part. It would be amazing if one or two more cast members could attend - but, especially if one them was Megan or Toby.

^ We absolutely need someone to tape the convention for us! I would completely freak out if they would ever do one of these events in the states near me.
Old 06-08-2016, 02:14 PM
Elite Fan

It's not even near me but I freaked out because I was sure Megan's coming and I would go

Torrance tweet made me sad
Old 06-08-2016, 06:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

It made me sad, too.

GAH, it feels so wrong that they are all not together. I pray that Torrance is able to be available for guest appearances and/or that he stops by to visit the Reign set when he can.

Last edited by kerbear28; 06-08-2016 at 09:17 PM
Old 06-08-2016, 08:42 PM
Master Fan

That is so sad. Almost makes you wonder why he left though if he loves it so much.
Old 06-08-2016, 11:03 PM
Absolute Fan

Given the way he's been sidelined and saddled so often with the B and C plots in the last 2 seasons, it doesn't surprise me that despite his love for the people he works with that he's probably not pleased with the writing or generally how Bash's character has been treated. The writers don't know what to do with him and literally for two seasons we kept having new characters that essentially replaces Bash's place in the A plot while he's sent off to search for monsters in the woods.

If it was me, I would have been irked enough to look for other opportunities. I mean, it's one thing if he's doing a role that he knows it's just a short limited time, like his role on the Tudors, but when he's 3rd or 4th billing on the casting call yet guest stars have had more screentime and A level plot involvement, you kinda have to just wonder what's the point.

Honestly, I don't know if it's maybe Torrance and showrunner not getting along or it's just genuinely they don't know what to do with the character so they keep having to sideline him to CSI: France. Either way, maybe Torrance's contract is up and he simply chose not to re-negotiate and do something else instead.

It certainly wouldn't be the first time an actor leaves the show because they aren't pleased with screentime and writing despite they love the cast and crew they work with. This is probably as amiable as a split can be for network TV shows.

I'm just curious how they will handle his exit - will the finale make it a point of having it be a send off for Bash? Like maybe he gets some big exit moment or there's some goodbyes? Or will this finale be sort of a soft exit, like it won't be focused on being a goodbye episode and he just sort of quietly disappears off screen? I guess it's either the Francis exit, or the Kenna exit? Unless they sort of do a middle of the way kinda exit like they did with Greer?

JEFFREY MACE|PATRIOT

Last edited by BryceLarkinFanForever; 06-09-2016 at 01:24 AM
Old 06-09-2016, 08:10 AM
Master Fan

Usually you can tell when an actor is not happy with the way he's being treated even if they don't actually say it, it never seemed to bother him. Plus, he was getting more meaty stories and he didn't give the move to Scotland a chance. That may have gotten him more screen time if that is the problem.
Old 06-09-2016, 01:02 PM
Elite Fan

Seriously, I don't think he would have gotten more screentime.. I'm sure there will be more characters in S4 and I don't think he was going to beg them for more scenes or so because it already happened in S2 that new characters got more screentime than him (Sean, Craig) ... it probably would have happened in S4 too. Plus, as much as he loves the cast and crew.. he hahs to think about his career and move on to bigger and better things for him.
Old 06-09-2016, 03:49 PM
Absolute Fan

They would have known he was leaving way before it was announced, which means those meaty stories that he's supposedly getting, that would have only happened after they knew he was leaving so they had to give him more attention because he was leaving.

So really, if he wasn't leaving, they wouldn't have given him much screentime at all. And timing wise, Bash going to Scotland really only happened because he was leaving the show and it's easier to write him out that way.

So if he wasn't leaving, they wouldn't have bothered

JEFFREY MACE|PATRIOT
Old 06-09-2016, 04:04 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryceLarkinFanForever (View Post)
They would have known he was leaving way before it was announced, which means those meaty stories that he's supposedly getting, that would have only happened after they knew he was leaving so they had to give him more attention because he was leaving.

So really, if he wasn't leaving, they wouldn't have given him much screentime at all. And timing wise, Bash going to Scotland really only happened because he was leaving the show and it's easier to write him out that way.

So if he wasn't leaving, they wouldn't have bothered
According to the time frame of the tweets he made about auditioning they really would have only known he was leaving riiiiiiight around the time they made 3.14....which incidentally is the episode Bash decided to go with Mary....coincidence? I think not. Seems like they changed course quickly because he was leaving...maybe three that "Oh yeah BTW I killed your mom" card just to get him to leave.
Old 06-09-2016, 06:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

Quote:
Originally Posted by De Medici Queen (View Post)
Seriously, I don't think he would have gotten more screentime.. I'm sure there will be more characters in S4 and I don't think he was going to beg them for more scenes or so because it already happened in S2 that new characters got more screentime than him (Sean, Craig) ... it probably would have happened in S4 too. Plus, as much as he loves the cast and crew.. he hahs to think about his career and move on to bigger and better things for him.
Thar's probably true. As much as Torrance loves the cast and crew of Reign like family, he had to do what was best for himself, Alyssa and his career.

Such an interesting conversation going on here. It's difficult to say what they would have done with Bash's character if Torrance wasn't leaving, but it certainly appears as if the whole "going to Scotland with Mary" storyline was contrived last minute because of Torrance's exit.

I'm very intrigued to see what kind of good-bye they will give Bash. I truly hope it is one that is fitting of everything that Torrance has meant to the show.
Old 06-10-2016, 01:50 PM
Master Fan

What I'm worried about is that they won't really give him a good send off because they are expecting him back for guest appearances.
Old 06-10-2016, 02:18 PM
Elite Fan

I have a question about another thing but I will keep it under spoilers but I Just have to ask

Spoiler:
Old 06-10-2016, 07:37 PM
Fan Forum Legend

he did a Reddit AMA today

https://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comm...ming_film_the/
Closed Thread   Post New Thread