Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-02-2014, 01:11 PM
Master Fan

I watched the episode as soon as I got home!

Spoiler:

Hoping for more KB as the season goes on.
Old 10-02-2014, 10:57 PM
Elite Fan

They were one of the highlights of the night. Bash didn't seem to have much else to do other than walk around the hallways and occasionally breaking through a door or two. When he finally found Kenna I had some intense feels, though.
Old 10-03-2014, 05:38 AM
New Fan

Hi, would you please add me? Kennash (and Caitlin to be exact) is the entire reason I started watching Reign.
Old 10-03-2014, 07:20 AM
Elite Fan

^Welcome! You've been added.

Caitlin was wonderful in last night's episode.
Old 10-03-2014, 08:12 AM
Master Fan

Welcome, Arbiter! We need more Kennash shippers posting.

- Captain Frederick Wentworth, Persuasion, Chapter 23
Scarlet|tumblr|Twitter|FF.net
Old 10-03-2014, 08:23 AM
New Fan

Thank you! The fandom still seems so small but hopefully it'll continue to grow. There's just not enough fanfiction. I'm pretty sure I read it all in a day.
Old 10-03-2014, 08:44 AM
Master Fan

Don't know if you've checked out my kennash bickering tumblr? Before I was involved in a car accident in Aug, I was posting these short bickerings between them daily. I've just restarted in Oct. They aren't long, but they are a form of fanfic.

Old 10-03-2014, 08:51 AM
New Fan

I glanced at a few of them, they're great. I'll need to read the rest cuz to be honest, I'm running out of stuff to read and I'm getting to the point where /I'm/ debating writing something and I hate writing fanfiction but there's just so much potential for them that hasn't been written yet.
Old 10-03-2014, 09:26 AM
Master Fan

Thank you! I'm glad you like them. I agree about the lack, which is why I started writing for them. I think there's a bunch on tumblr, but they aren't all tagged the same so sometimes it's difficult to find them.

Old 10-03-2014, 11:48 AM
Extreme Fan

I think the fandom is not as big as it could be because they barely show them. I feel like we got more of both of them before they got together honestly. Very irritating.
Old 10-03-2014, 02:02 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletCourt (View Post)
Don't know if you've checked out my kennash bickering tumblr? Before I was involved in a car accident in Aug, I was posting these short bickerings between them daily. I've just restarted in Oct. They aren't long, but they are a form of fanfic.
WHAT? Car accident? Are you okay?

Quote:
I think the fandom is not as big as it could be because they barely show them. I feel like we got more of both of them before they got together honestly. Very irritating.
The fandom seemed endless after the sex (how can I blame them) but after that their were given so little space it kind of got lost. I'm often disappointed because while they're definitely cute they're lacking intensity. They did start out with intensity (intense hate at first, I guess, and then the development), so I miss that, which as far as I'm concerned is like missing them because that's who they are/were. I do understand that this is a ship that started with marriage, which is usually the happy ending of ships, so I'd have to rule out the pining and all those things (they're not Greith, to say it shortly), but I can't buy them being just cute. That's not Kennash. They're supposed to be sexy, they're supposed to bicker and be sass masters.
Old 10-03-2014, 05:46 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkalice (View Post)
WHAT? Car accident? Are you okay?
I'm okay now. I was rear-ended after having been stopped to turn left at an intersection. It was a sunny day with dry roads. The driver behind me didn't even tried to stop. We think she was texting. I got a mild concussion and had to take some time off work and obviously writing. The car was totalled, but it was an older car anyway (2003), but still had more than $5000 worth of damage. I have a new car now (and unfortunately a car payment, too ),

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkalice (View Post)
The fandom seemed endless after the sex (how can I blame them) but after that their were given so little space it kind of got lost. I'm often disappointed because while they're definitely cute they're lacking intensity. They did start out with intensity (intense hate at first, I guess, and then the development), so I miss that, which as far as I'm concerned is like missing them because that's who they are/were. I do understand that this is a ship that started with marriage, which is usually the happy ending of ships, so I'd have to rule out the pining and all those things (they're not Greith, to say it shortly), but I can't buy them being just cute. That's not Kennash. They're supposed to be sexy, they're supposed to bicker and be sass masters.
I know! Very sad about the fandom after the hiatus. As for the intensity, I think that it can be maintained, but the problem is that there was very little time devoted to our couple in 2x01, but then they're not the main couple, so that's not surprising. Also, there was plot to be dealing with, so the shippy stuff got moved off. Frary didn't even spend a minute of onscreen time together in the episode, so we're ahead there. There can still be intensity if they are placed in diametrically opposed positions which really isn't hard considering that they have distinct, opposing personalities. Kenna likes to meddle in her friends lives. Bash just wants to be a good brother to Francis right now. Kenna is the take charge of her life type while Bash is the one who just follows along.

I think that they have the sexy part down. They need to bicker though and be sass masters! I love that name for them. I so miss the bickering.

Old 10-03-2014, 06:06 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletCourt (View Post)
I know! Very sad about the fandom after the hiatus. As for the intensity, I think that it can be maintained, but the problem is that there was very little time devoted to our couple in 2x01, but then they're not the main couple, so that's not surprising. Also, there was plot to be dealing with, so the shippy stuff got moved off. Frary didn't even spend a minute of onscreen time together in the episode, so we're ahead there. There can still be intensity if they are placed in diametrically opposed positions which really isn't hard considering that they have distinct, opposing personalities. Kenna likes to meddle in her friends lives. Bash just wants to be a good brother to Francis right now. Kenna is the take charge of her life type while Bash is the one who just follows along.

I think that they have the sexy part down. They need to bicker though and be sass masters! I love that name for them. I so miss the bickering.
I'm with Scarlet on this one. While I didn't like the lack of Kennash, the fact of the matter is, we stillgot the most interaction out of any other ship and I think it fit with the plot? I do think there needs to be less forehead touching and more passionate kisses because I always thought that both Kenna and Bash were supposed to be two of the most sexually voracious characters on the show but I'm going to chalk it up to Laurie thinking too much romance didn't fit in with the episode.

I think we'll see more bickering and sass in the next few episodes, it seems like they're setting it up for that even though I think that the writers fall short on the dialogue at times. I'm a bit worried because of what I've been hearing but I'm going to hope for the best for now.

On a different note, I'm watching the series backwards (aka I started with Kennash scenes and then went back and started the series) and Henry/Kenna is so much more upsetting after you've seen the awesomeness that is Kennash. I just want to hug Kenna at every opportunity.
Old 10-03-2014, 07:14 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbiter (View Post)
I'm with Scarlet on this one. While I didn't like the lack of Kennash, the fact of the matter is, we stillgot the most interaction out of any other ship and I think it fit with the plot? I do think there needs to be less forehead touching and more passionate kisses because I always thought that both Kenna and Bash were supposed to be two of the most sexually voracious characters on the show but I'm going to chalk it up to Laurie thinking too much romance didn't fit in with the episode.
Very true. The episode as a whole wasn't a lovey dovey one. Kennash were the only emotional storyline and the only kiss! And it was a sweet one.

The fandom will come back slowly but surely now that hiatus is over. And I'm sure KB will get more substantial plot as things move forward. This was only the first ep of the season.
Old 10-03-2014, 07:17 PM
Master Fan

The forehead touching annoys me, too! They did that in the season 1 finale after the ILYs and again in the season 2 premiere. It's almost saying that now that they've had the sex in the privacy of their bedchamber, they no longer require it on screen (or more likely they try to keep it more chaste outside. At least that's the only explanation I can come up with except that I saw a deleted scene from one of the Mash episodes where Bash pulls Mary in to the side of corridor for a kiss.

So sorry to hear that you're watching it backwards, Arbiter. Can't imagine having to watch the Henry/Kenna scenes after the beauty of Kennash!

Closed Thread   Post New Thread