Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-25-2015, 02:33 PM
Absolute Fan

Lol it was cute he was asking his big sis for help, guess he figured Francis and Bash aren't exactly the go-to people to help with this sort of things with one busy being King and the other the King's deputy

Haha best go after the sister without all the important royal titles and jobs

If this was season 1, I'd have said Charles should have gone to Bash, maybe he still should have haha, Bash seems to deal with dead people in castles pretty well too

Next week tho we may get to see how Bash and Charles' relationship is like, we saw him and Francis, and him and Claude, we did get last episode where Charles talked about how others would view Bash as a usurper but he wouldn't kill his brother, now we can get a deeper look, seems the brothers will be having some scenes

JEFFREY MACE|PATRIOT
Old 10-25-2015, 02:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

It was really cute that he went to his big sis for help. Claude's reaction was priceless, too. She's like, "Why would you think I would know how to fix this? I'm insulted." I understand why he wouldn't go to his big brothers, though...they're kinda busy.

I can't wait for more Valois brother/sibling scenes.
Old 10-25-2015, 05:03 PM
Absolute Fan

The big brothers are too busy dealing with adult things lol

But yes totally more siblings scenes! Precious bros!

I remember the deleted scenes from season 1 during the whole Bash legitimization thing, little Charles saying that he understands that his mom has to die for Bash to be legitimized but would Bash kill him and little Henry once he became King, I wish they kept that scene in because it really shows that even as a little kid, Charles did have a good grasp of that sort of politics - and it plays well into that scene where he's talking to Francis about how some people might view Bash and Baby John as threats too but he wouldn't kill them, just like back then Bash would have probably made it very clear to Charles that he and little Henry would always be safe

It's good to know that there is some view of family comes first, especially in a time of all the succession issues in other monarchies

JEFFREY MACE|PATRIOT
Old 10-25-2015, 05:13 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerbear28 (View Post)
It was really cute that he went to his big sis for help. Claude's reaction was priceless, too. She's like, "Why would you think I would know how to fix this? I'm insulted." I understand why he wouldn't go to his big brothers, though...they're kinda busy.

I can't wait for more Valois brother/sibling scenes.
and it was so sweet too that they were like "where's mother now?"

I found it sweet because he shared his secret with Claude, and when he becomes King he will porbably do the same, ask her for help when needed and eventually appreciate her opinion. I think that shows he's not that bad and evil. I don't get why there are so many hate-tweets comparing him to Joffrey from Game of Thrones which is nonsense imo
Old 10-25-2015, 08:04 PM
Absolute Fan

People compare him to Joffrey because it's easy, because most people only look at surface and don't bother to dig deeper, oh a stubborn trouble making prince, must be a Joffrey then when really if one looks, it's not true at all

If anything, the scene from last week proves it quite clear, Charles was furious to have learned that his mother had essentially got him to deliver a kill order for an entire bloodline, he didn't agree in spilling blood of babies - if he was like Joffrey, he wouldn't have cared

He may be an entitled spoiled prince and a party boy but that's in line with being a young royal, however he isn't cruel, he doesn't have a mean streak to him and he certainly doesn't take pleasure in making people hurt

If it had been Joffrey, he wouldn't have cared like Charles did about killing babies, Joffrey would have ordered it no problem because he has no empathy for anyone

Charles may grow up to be like Henry and Catherine but it is important to note that like his mother and father, he has empathy for people, he does care - he may be willing to sacrifice and make decisions that will cost lives but he is not careless nor does he disregard life

That's the one thing on parenting I give to Catherine and Henry, they raised their children to be empathize, they raised children who are not needlessly cruel, they raised children who do care about other people, and that is so important.

Joffrey wouldn't have cared about his bastard brother or nephew but Charles does care.

JEFFREY MACE|PATRIOT

Last edited by BryceLarkinFanForever; 10-25-2015 at 08:11 PM
Old 10-26-2015, 07:54 AM
Elite Fan

All of this! I don't even know how they come to the idea that he is like Joffrey. He's nothing like him! It's nonsense!

Maybe a lot of those young Frary shippers are sad because Francis is dying and they don't want to see Charles for what he is and try to villainize him, I don't see other explanation why there are so many Charles-hate tweets
Old 10-26-2015, 08:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

^ ^ Great post!

Oh my gosh, I haven't seen any of this Charles hate or comparisons to Joffrey. It's completely ridiculous! There's absolutely no basis for it. I guess Issi's explanation is as good as any. Just because you're upset about Francis dying is no reason to villainize another character. Charles may have his flaws, but he is young! And he is not cruel or without empathy. I have a lot of hope for him.
Old 10-27-2015, 03:07 PM
Elite Fan

I know, he's not a bad guy... he surely has a great wish to be King and to be respected but I love that he cares about his family too and is not ruthless
Old 10-27-2015, 03:56 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerbear28 (View Post)
^ ^ Great post!

Oh my gosh, I haven't seen any of this Charles hate or comparisons to Joffrey. It's completely ridiculous! There's absolutely no basis for it. I guess Issi's explanation is as good as any. Just because you're upset about Francis dying is no reason to villainize another character. Charles may have his flaws, but he is young! And he is not cruel or without empathy. I have a lot of hope for him.
I think they are just basing it on dumb little things. For a minute i felt the same way, but after last weeks episode I know I was way off. He's just a teenage boy honestly. He needs to grow up is his only problem.
Old 10-27-2015, 07:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

Exactly. I'm excited to see him interact more with his mother and his siblings - see how he fits into the family.
Old 10-28-2015, 01:58 PM
Elite Fan

Yes he needs more scenes with his family, also I wonder where is lil Henry? They used to be very close from what we saw in S1... I guess we won#t even see him
Old 10-28-2015, 05:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

Aww yeah, we always saw the two little princes together. And it always seemed like Charles was very protective of little Henry. I really hope they don't decide to forget about him.

How can you not love them?

Last edited by kerbear28; 10-30-2015 at 06:35 PM
Old 10-28-2015, 10:00 PM
Absolute Fan

I assume little Henry must still be in Spain because I think both princes were sent there in season 2 - they probably just didn't wanna cast another kid, one major role was enough so they are keeping little Henry off screen like they are doing with Margaret and Hercule

JEFFREY MACE|PATRIOT
Old 10-29-2015, 04:29 AM
Elite Fan

It's so sad though, it would be so nice to see lil Henry too, it would be interesting because he was Catherine's favorite and she called him "my precious eyes"
Old 10-29-2015, 07:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

Yeah it makes sense that they wouldn't want to hire another actor, but it's still sad. Aww "my precious eyes."