Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-29-2016, 09:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

Lola's stupidity didn't force the others to make the choices that they did. They still could have done the right thing, and they chose not to. They all played their part. So no, Lola's stupidity isn't entirely to blame. We'll just have to agree to disagree about that.
Old 08-30-2016, 07:15 AM
Master Fan

My point is, them doing the wrong thing wasn't enough to make those things happen, without Lola being stupid, it wouldn't have mattered what they did. However, Lola's stupidity would have eventually gotten her into trouble no matter what, even without their help.
Old 08-30-2016, 09:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

Sure, Lola's stupidity was necessary to make those things happen, but so were the choices of the others. What if Francis had stopped their night together, even after Lola had consented? What if Narcisse had stopped pursuing Lola, even when she was encouraging him? What if John Knox had never sent that awful letter and plotted to pit Mary and Elizabeth against each other in the first place? What the others did absolutely mattered. They always had a choice. Perhaps Lola would have gotten into trouble regardless, but the point is that she DID have their help. It's not all on her. Believe me, I'm not saying she is not responsible. She's just not the only one to blame.
Old 08-30-2016, 10:43 AM
Master Fan

I'm not saying the other aren't to blame for their part, just that those things would not have happened if not for her being stupid. With Francis, it was her place to say no. He was the broken hearted one who wasn't thinking straight. He at least had a reason. What was hers? She knew Mary still loved him, he didn't. Narcisse was trouble, everyone warned her, she should have known better, she should have realized taking a man from Catherine was dangerous to begin with and she also should not have trusted him so easily. And Knox...well we all know what happened there. But in his case she was double stupid, because not only did she believe the letter, but she massively screwed up the assassination. I mean, she looked right at the guy several times....that's pretty stupid too
Old 08-30-2016, 02:00 PM
Elite Fan

new thread
Closed Thread   Post New Thread