Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-01-2014, 04:53 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44 (View Post)
way to be passive aggressive. Who exactly is being anal. Is it that hard to say you agree with whoever you agree without calling other people on the thread anal? I happen to not see the TVD angles. Others can if they so choose. But, just because someone disagrees doesn't mean that name-calling is necessary. Also I'd rather not see them become damon and stefan because they have a horrible relationship. It basically consists of Damon being a crappy brother to Stefan and him taking his bs over and over again.
I think you kinda just jumped in and completely misunderstood the situation cos yeah

all of what Starling said.

I really don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceruleannight (View Post)
I am so glad I came just in time to see this comment. Oh Henry.
It is pretty funny, the imagery of that!

Han er god barn, men han er så lat.

Eskild? Jeg sitter her.
Mimi
Old 04-01-2014, 05:08 PM
Passionate Fan

Can we honestly just respect other people's opinions without turning someone's opinion that they have into a whole sermon of why they are wrong. Can't we just ignore the comment, or say I actually 'yeah I know some people think that but i think' instead coming off like anyone is sovereign over all things Reign. And it's a crime to have a different opinion.

Let's just be friendly, it's really simple.

Disclaimer: Please don't start on me anyone for just expressing this.
Old 04-01-2014, 05:11 PM
Part-Time Fan

Can I be added to the list? I love their relationship.
Old 04-01-2014, 05:12 PM
Obsessed Fan

Yes please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tammyb22 (View Post)
Can I be added to the list? I love their relationship.
Awesome. Someone will add you shortly. They do have a great relationship!

Eskild? Jeg sitter her.
Mimi
Old 04-01-2014, 05:14 PM
Master Fan

Added you.

Welcome
Philanthropist.

You can take away my house, all my tricks and toys, but one thing you can't take away – I am IRON MAN.
Old 04-01-2014, 05:37 PM
Obsessed Fan

Eskild? Jeg sitter her.
Mimi
Old 04-01-2014, 05:48 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemon tart (View Post)
And both of them know the consequences of going that route as well. Don't tell me it's a coincidence that they put Catherine's adultery trial and the sentence of death for treason as a centerpiece of the BoP. The writers knew MB wasn't gonna last, and they went out of their way to show the characters and the audience that them pursuing anything after Mary wed Francis would be life ending. That they had Mary & Bash as pursuers of Catherine made the point doubly so. Mary's final line from ep 11 makes it even more clear - her perfect choice TO KILL YOU! The consequences of adultery against the king are death. Period. The end. And Mary is very well acquainted with said consequences.

And beyond it taking Bash's life and likely ruining Mary as a character - as it goes against every single thing she dreamt of in the pilot for her marriage - it makes no sense in the context of the two relationships and how they've played out on screen. Affairs usually mean passion, but all the passion Mary has is wrapped up in her relationship and attraction to Francis. It's part of why she chose him in the first place.

If Bash pursues Mary after Francis is king, that is punishable by death. So, no she's not a "love interest" for Bash, she's the thing that if he doesn't let her go will destroy his entire life and get him killed. She let him go, because she made the choice she wanted to make from her heart to marry Francis. Bash seems to have finally decided he can accept and respect that.

But I have no doubt it won't go that way. The writers are attempting to rebuild FB, which if Francis didn't BELIEVE Bash when he said he wanted to find something of his own, would not happen. Also, RL Laurie McCarthy the actual person running this show adores the tragic love story of RL Mary & Francis, and her version of Mary & Francis. And the ONLY triangle she's ever used in comparison to her show is Twilight and Bash fits perfectly in the Jacob role, and you can see it built over the series. Triangles are not all TVD, and TVD doesn't fit what Laurie herself has talked about, nor her history as a writer & show runner. And triangles of the TVD variety don't exist in romantic tragedy for a reason. They cheapen the tragedy to the point that it doesn't matter.

I hate that this is even brought up in here, because if it's not obvious by now that Bash's pursuit of Mary isn't poison for FB I don't think you'll get it. It's what destroyed them to begin with, because they never really recovered after ep 5 till now. Francis has granted a Bash a second chance, if Bash continues his pursuit they will be destroyed for good - and Rachel's concept of neither are a villain will prove wrong - and Bash won't be given a third chance, he'll be exiled - the lighter sentence - or killed for treason. Because that's what it is in the time period. They were very clear about that in ep 11-13 where Bash had a front row seat to the whole show.
Lots of discussion going on, I think we should all learn to respect each individuals opinion and move on, because that's essentially what it is an opinion not facts, the writers will write how they want to write. I agree with a lot of what you said here. I started the show because of the historical context premise it's based on, not because I was looking for another TVD. I dropped TVD because the story line became so ridiculous, I just, was not enjoying it very much. So I see some trying to compare the brothers or the supposed triangle to TVD which honestly I am not very sure why, although I do get the correlation it airs right after TVD, two brothers over the love of one girl. I get where the comparisons might come but that's about it, TVD is based on a fictional book with fictional characters while reign has characters rooted in real life people although not entirely historically based but its still rooted in history. The characters are so different both Francis and Bash are actually good guys with noble hearts and Damon and Stefan are complete opposites of the spectrum.

I personally never thought they needed the triangle it's not like it aided or helped the ratings in the long run but it's a CW show so I guess they have to fill their quota. Now a triangle like this is complicated and I honestly do not know how it can work, in fact I can't even call it a triangle anymore since Kenna is involved in the situation now, they would not have involved her if they didn't plan on going somewhere with that story line, they could have left Bash a loner who still pines after Mary. And not only does Kenna's addition complicates things, the fact that Mary a Queen is married to a future king makes it even more complex, the only possible way of involving Mary/Bash that I can see is either a.longing looks/emotional affair b. actual cheating/physical sexual affair c.Have Bash be a confidante to Mary/relying on him. The physical aspect if it ever happened or got discovered not only taints Mary as a Queen/ruler of a country because it will ultimately lead to her execution. The whole Catherine treason story line wasn't a throwaway, its was to show the audience what happened to queens who committed adultery. I am sure there will be certain hints, lines etc that will be thrown in there to show hints of the triangle but how to approach it full on will be a problem at least for me.

I honestly don't care about the triangle, that's the least interesting part of reign to me, but just my two cents. I really want to see how they develop Francis and Bash's relationship now that they seem mended, will Francis rely on Bash as much as he used, which he stated in the previous episode. Apart from being a newlywed what exactly will Bash's new title and role entail?
Old 04-01-2014, 05:55 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuitUp (View Post)
Added you.

Welcome
Thanks for the welcome
Old 04-01-2014, 05:56 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44 (View Post)
way to be passive aggressive. Who exactly is being anal. Is it that hard to say you agree with whoever you agree without calling other people on the thread anal? I happen to not see the TVD angles. Others can if they so choose. But, just because someone disagrees doesn't mean that name-calling is necessary. Also I'd rather not see them become damon and stefan because they have a horrible relationship. It basically consists of Damon being a crappy brother to Stefan and him taking his bs over and over again.
Exactly Damon and Stefan have an awful relationship. And Francis will never be as accepting as Stefan and he shouldn't. He will also be King very soon I predict. What King would be accepting of his wife and brother fooling around?

But Laurie has already said this is nothing like the TVD triangle and more like the twilight one which makes sense considering how things have been written so far. Not to mention the time period. Mary won't be going back and forth between brothers. She's a Queen.

Last edited by makeitreign; 04-01-2014 at 06:02 PM
Old 04-01-2014, 06:05 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeautifulContradiction (View Post)
Can we honestly just respect other people's opinions without turning someone's opinion that they have into a whole sermon of why they are wrong. Can't we just ignore the comment, or say I actually 'yeah I know some people think that but i think' instead coming off like anyone is sovereign over all things Reign. And it's a crime to have a different opinion.

Let's just be friendly, it's really simple.

Disclaimer: Please don't start on me anyone for just expressing this.
^ This. I agree 100%

Seriously this isn't Hitler's reign in Germany. I'm actually serious. Stop the endless God Moding it's not anyone's place.
Philanthropist.

You can take away my house, all my tricks and toys, but one thing you can't take away – I am IRON MAN.
Old 04-01-2014, 06:13 PM
Obsessed Fan

Edited

Eskild? Jeg sitter her.
Mimi

Last edited by Stelena&Bamon; 04-01-2014 at 06:21 PM Reason: Time to move on.
Old 04-01-2014, 06:18 PM
Passionate Fan

I totally get why everyone feels the way they do. Let's hope it all stops.

Let's get back to discussion on the brothers

If any of you want to edit and move on. Let's do so.
Old 04-01-2014, 06:22 PM
Obsessed Fan

Nice

Eskild? Jeg sitter her.
Mimi
Old 04-01-2014, 06:25 PM
Elite Fan

The name calling and insults need to stop right now. This board is accepting of all opinions and welcomes all discussion, but disrespecting and attacking each other is not allowed under any circumstances.

If you are not familiar with our 3 Strikes Policy, I suggest you read it now.
Old 04-01-2014, 06:30 PM
Master Fan

I really agree with this. But I feel this comment comes when people start complaining about how they really don't like people picking apart their comments. And I really don't get that. That's said with all respect...

It's like people have to call out how they feel they are being disrespected and how comments are responded to as if the other poster has authority before anything is said...

I know you can't be everywhere but it's just upsetting

Back to topic:

Francis and Bash... gotta get stronger!
Philanthropist.

Last edited by SuitUp; 04-01-2014 at 06:40 PM
Closed Thread   Post New Thread