Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-01-2014, 11:30 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemon tart (View Post)
And both of them know the consequences of going that route as well. Don't tell me it's a coincidence that they put Catherine's adultery trial and the sentence of death for treason as a centerpiece of the BoP. The writers knew MB wasn't gonna last, and they went out of their way to show the characters and the audience that them pursuing anything after Mary wed Francis would be life ending. That they had Mary & Bash as pursuers of Catherine made the point doubly so. Mary's final line from ep 11 makes it even more clear - her perfect choice TO KILL YOU! The consequences of adultery against the king are death. Period. The end. And Mary is very well acquainted with said consequences.

And beyond it taking Bash's life and likely ruining Mary as a character - as it goes against every single thing she dreamt of in the pilot for her marriage - it makes no sense in the context of the two relationships and how they've played out on screen. Affairs usually mean passion, but all the passion Mary has is wrapped up in her relationship and attraction to Francis. It's part of why she chose him in the first place.

If Bash pursues Mary after Francis is king, that is punishable by death. So, no she's not a "love interest" for Bash, she's the thing that if he doesn't let her go will destroy his entire life and get him killed. She let him go, because she made the choice she wanted to make from her heart to marry Francis. Bash seems to have finally decided he can accept and respect that.

But I have no doubt it won't go that way. The writers are attempting to rebuild FB, which if Francis didn't BELIEVE Bash when he said he wanted to find something of his own, would not happen. Also, RL Laurie McCarthy the actual person running this show adores the tragic love story of RL Mary & Francis, and her version of Mary & Francis. And the ONLY triangle she's ever used in comparison to her show is Twilight and Bash fits perfectly in the Jacob role, and you can see it built over the series. Triangles are not all TVD, and TVD doesn't fit what Laurie herself has talked about, nor her history as a writer & show runner. And triangles of the TVD variety don't exist in romantic tragedy for a reason. They cheapen the tragedy to the point that it doesn't matter.

I hate that this is even brought up in here, because if it's not obvious by now that Bash's pursuit of Mary isn't poison for FB I don't think you'll get it. It's what destroyed them to begin with, because they never really recovered after ep 5 till now. Francis has granted a Bash a second chance, if Bash continues his pursuit they will be destroyed for good - and Rachel's concept of neither are a villain will prove wrong - and Bash won't be given a third chance, he'll be exiled - the lighter sentence - or killed for treason. Because that's what it is in the time period. They were very clear about that in ep 11-13 where Bash had a front row seat to the whole show.
I agree with both you. Very well said post.
Old 04-01-2014, 11:44 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

^ I won't quote Laura's last post again in it's entirety. I'll just say... Brilliant and true, as usual.
Old 04-01-2014, 03:31 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starlingcity (View Post)
I don't think it would help having her involved. Having her around Bash just won't help the brothers relationship, Bash brings out that side of Mary - that freedom, like she said he's exhilarating. For them all the be in cahoots would be difficult. Like last episode MB were still doing their thing. After the wedding, their scene. I was nervous Francis would see. If they have their moments in private then fair enough, but there's a good chance Francis will stumble upon moments like that. And he'll not want to reconcile with Bash.

I think the triangle is alive and kicking. And I have no qualms about it, cos fans hype it to no end, so i get why they keep it in. No shipping side has a huge majority lead so they dance. But I think the brothers can work through it despite having an interest in the same girl. It's just about finding the balance. Stefan and Damon made it work I think they can too And I think the writers will try tirelessly to do so. That's why they had their epic blow out now.

I don't think MB will happen again till s2 so this gives Francis and Bash a chance to really build and understand each other and accept how the other feels about Mary. But love one another despite that rivalry.
Yup. Mary and Bash will always have a connection, he really does pull that side of Mary out, and that threatens the brother bond. It is best if she just stays out of their brother business.

Yeah I think them getting closer will help Francis learn to accept that Bash was in love with Mary and move forward from it.

Yeah they can steal Julie Plec's playbook on how to brothers who love the same girl can still love each other. I think they can get along in spite of it. It will always be there. It's not going anywhere. So it's like either hate eachother or accept it. I think they are going for the latter.

And yes, Mary/Bash for s2 will allow these brothers to really spend the rest of the season rebuilding. I hope. Last episode got me a little nervous. I just hope it continues on.
Philanthropist.

You can take away my house, all my tricks and toys, but one thing you can't take away – I am IRON MAN.
Old 04-01-2014, 03:41 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
I don't think it would help having her involved. Having her around Bash just won't help the brothers relationship, Bash brings out that side of Mary - that freedom, like she said he's exhilarating. For them all the be in cahoots would be difficult. Like last episode MB were still doing their thing. After the wedding, their scene. I was nervous Francis would see. If they have their moments in private then fair enough, but there's a good chance Francis will stumble upon moments like that. And he'll not want to reconcile with Bash.

I think the triangle is alive and kicking. And I have no qualms about it, cos fans hype it to no end, so i get why they keep it in. No shipping side has a huge majority lead so they dance. But I think the brothers can work through it despite having an interest in the same girl. It's just about finding the balance. Stefan and Damon made it work I think they can too And I think the writers will try tirelessly to do so. That's why they had their epic blow out now.

I don't think MB will happen again till s2 so this gives Francis and Bash a chance to really build and understand each other and accept how the other feels about Mary. But love one another despite that rivalry.
^ This! Awesome post!

I love it! I think the brothers fighting will only make them both miserable. They just have to recognize how the other feels and just allow it. I got why it was so fractured at the beginning. But will they spend forever hating each other? No. I'm glad the writers gave them this episode.

The infamous Salvatore brothers they have immorality and yonks years on our guys but the sentiment is still the same. What it comes down to is they are brothers. Before Mary, before it all. At the end of the day they will always save another. The way Bash ran to save Francis I was so pleased.

Han er god barn, men han er så lat.

Eskild? Jeg sitter her.
Mimi
Old 04-01-2014, 03:45 PM
Loyal Fan

You totally get it! Brothers to the end. Thanks for not being anal.

I loved that part when he saved him from falling through the ice. And he cradled him
Old 04-01-2014, 03:51 PM
Obsessed Fan

Of course not, ain't nobody got time for that they can get through it. There's always hope even if they only have one lifetime to get it right.

Eskild? Jeg sitter her.
Mimi
Old 04-01-2014, 04:00 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stelena&Bamon (View Post)

The infamous Salvatore brothers they have immorality and yonks years on our guys but the sentiment is still the same. What it comes down to is they are brothers. Before Mary, before it all. At the end of the day they will always save another. The way Bash ran to save Francis I was so pleased.
I can compare them to Stefan and Damon, they put Reign alongside TVD on Thursdays i mean what do you expect, joking!

But joking aside, yeah Stefan/Damon and Laurel/Sara i can see it and hope it's a similar familial love. That just transcends. Because this triangle seems to be written in stone, lol.
Old 04-01-2014, 04:09 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeautifulContradiction (View Post)

But joking aside, yeah Stefan/Damon and Laurel/Sara i can see it and hope it's a similar familial love. That just transcends. Because this triangle seems to be written in stone, lol.
L/S

Yeah I guess I can see that. They have so much more at stake which makes it difficult France, Scotland, there's this huge gravity which is impossible to deny.

But hey, at least they don't have technology no-one's gonna tweet, or put it on Instagram or send an sext.

There might come a day when this does divide them, but since they already went down that. I hate you. No I hate you route. Maybe they will arrive at a different conclusion.
Philanthropist.

You can take away my house, all my tricks and toys, but one thing you can't take away – I am IRON MAN.
Old 04-01-2014, 04:13 PM
Loyal Fan

Yep. Fingers cross it transcends

Sure it will have hiccups but never to the point they want the other dead.
Old 04-01-2014, 04:17 PM
Master Fan

Francis will/is accept/accepting that Bash loves Mary. As long as he isn't acting on it and does eventually move on and find something of his own. What he said to his father was telling, he was like 'he's not going to do that (go after Mary)'.

If they continue that way. Then yes the brothers will have zero hiccups... but since it's more likely they won't we have to adjust our expectations of how close they can be to be honest

ETA: Just saw this..

You can compare it to anything, fricking Julius Caesar if you want it's your opinion, as if Reign's going 100 on the time period accuracy.
Philanthropist.

Last edited by SuitUp; 04-01-2014 at 04:25 PM
Old 04-01-2014, 04:32 PM
Loyal Fan

There were panties in a wad over my TVD little comment, oh come on

I didn't even see that.

I do see the comparison a lot and it's people's opinions which they are allowed to have. Agree or disagree. We can't have unanimous view for an entire fandom. It's all cool beans. Just un-wad - has the 2nd amendment been adjusted and no-one told me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuitUp (View Post)
Francis will/is accept/accepting that Bash loves Mary. As long as he isn't acting on it and does eventually move on and find something of his own. What he said to his father was telling, he was like 'he's not going to do that (go after Mary)'.

If they continue that way. Then yes the brothers will have zero hiccups... but since it's more likely they won't we have to adjust our expectations of how close they can be to be honest
Probably true sadly, but I wish it could just be the way we want it.
Old 04-01-2014, 04:38 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:

I loved that part when he saved him from falling through the ice. And he cradled him
way to be passive aggressive. Who exactly is being anal. Is it that hard to say you agree with whoever you agree without calling other people on the thread anal? I happen to not see the TVD angles. Others can if they so choose. But, just because someone disagrees doesn't mean that name-calling is necessary. Also I'd rather not see them become damon and stefan because they have a horrible relationship. It basically consists of Damon being a crappy brother to Stefan and him taking his bs over and over again.
Old 04-01-2014, 04:39 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuitUp (View Post)

But hey, at least they don't have technology no-one's gonna tweet, or put it on Instagram or send an sext.
Bash and Francis both receive a text:

xoxo Henry here.

Eskild? Jeg sitter her.
Mimi
Old 04-01-2014, 04:48 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44 (View Post)
way to be passive aggressive. Who exactly is being anal. Is it that hard to say you agree with whoever you agree without calling other people on the thread anal?
^ This right here is exactly what I'm talking about. Just no.. When I made that comment. It was in reference to...

Quote:
^ This! Awesome post!

I love it! I think the brothers fighting will only make them both miserable. They just have to recognize how the other feels and just allow it. I got why it was so fractured at the beginning. But will they spend forever hating each other? No. I'm glad the writers gave them this episode.:
Quote:

People having been saying there's no hope for them all over. And I appreciated that Stelena&Bamon was like they can't hate each other forever. Instead of being doom and gloom.

That's why she responded
Quote:
Of course not, ain't nobody got time for that they can get through it. There's always hope even if they only have one lifetime to get it right.
It wasn't until my last post I realized some people had made comments about the TVD comment.

I can't believe I'm having to explain this. Seriously.
Old 04-01-2014, 04:52 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Bash and Francis both receive a text:

xoxo Henry here.
I am so glad I came just in time to see this comment. Oh Henry.

Anna ~ Ceruleannight
Closed Thread   Post New Thread