Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-22-2017, 09:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

Besides Reign, what else are you watching #9: Because there are so many great shows to fill the Reign void

Agreed. They are really hitting us in the face with the parallels. And LORD that red leather outfit. So gorgeous. I know it's nothing new, but Lana was precious the entire episode.
Old 10-23-2017, 07:41 PM
Master Fan

I loved Lana's outfit in the last episode and her scenes with Ella in the past and Jacinda in the present. I just wish she had a storyline of her own.

I really hope they are going to do more Ivy/Drizella. She has zero storyline so far.
Old 10-24-2017, 05:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

^ Exactly. Regina/Roni's scenes with Ella/Jacinda were really sweet and poignant, but it would be nice for her to get a storyline of her own.

I might be wrong, but I do think they are going to do something really interesting with Ivy/Drizella's character. I'm looking forward to it.
Old 10-26-2017, 07:27 AM
Master Fan

Adelaide is such a talented actress, I want to see them do more with her character.

Possibly unpopular opinion, but I think the Henry/Jacinda/Lucy story is boring.

I think the witch that we met at the end of the last episode is interesting. I wonder if she will turn out to be the true villain because she comes off a lot scarier than Lady Tremaine in my opinion.

This month has been busy, so I haven't been watching Netflix at all, just watching my shows that are currently airing new episodes.
Old 10-26-2017, 08:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

^ YES, it would be such a waste if they didn't take advantage of Adelaide's talent and give her something great to work with.

As for your "possibly unpopular opinion," I complete understand it. I think the storyline is sweet and the actors are doing a nice job, but it just feels like we've seen it before. Of course I want them to be together and be a family in the end, but I'm not CRAVING it like I was with Snow/Charming, Emma/Henry and Emma/Hook.

Oh yeah, the witch at the end of the episode was super intense and creepy. I wouldn't be surprised if she ends up being the true villain of this season.

UGH, life and work is so crazy right now, I'm lucky if I get a chance to watch my regular shows.
Old 10-29-2017, 12:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

So I had to bump this thread to share a few thoughts on Friday's episode of OUAT! Putting them under spoiler tags just in case.

Spoiler:
Old 10-29-2017, 08:23 PM
Master Fan

Anyone else feel like Drizzy/Ivy might have been the one to cast the curse and not Lady Tremaine?

Spoiler:
Old 10-29-2017, 08:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

It's definitely possible. That would certainly be an interesting twist, considering everyone has assumed that it was Lady Tremaine up until this point. I just don't know exactly what Drizella's reason or motivation for casting the curse would have been. And if she did cast the curse, then why would she have allowed herself to remain under her mother's thumb in the new reality? No matter what, that would be a cool thing for Adelaide to get to play.

Spoiler:
Old 10-30-2017, 12:04 PM
Master Fan

I think Lady Tremaine had something to do with the curse since she seems to be fully awake and I think she probably had help from someone with magical abilities (the witch or Rumple?), but it's possible she isn't actually the person who cast it. I'm not sure what Ivy's motivation would be, but we don't know that much about her yet.

I'm hoping Ivy doesn't have actual feelings for Henry because if she does, she's going to get her heart broken. It seems like she's had very little love in her life and if she's going to care for someone, I'd prefer it to be someone who might return her feelings. Now if she's just doing the mean girl thing and using Henry to stick it to Jacinda, then she has no one to blame but herself if it backfires on her.

I will agree the Henry and Jacinda story needs some spicing up though. I'm just not seeing any sparks there.

Keri, I do think Rumple/Weaver is fully awake now. I think his use of "dearie" confirmed that.

I love Alice too. She and Ivy are my favorite new characters this season.

I loved Roni's scene with Henry too, but I need her to have a storyline beyond pouring drinks and giving out advice. Hopefully there will be more soon.
Old 10-30-2017, 08:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry02 (View Post)
I think Lady Tremaine had something to do with the curse since she seems to be fully awake and I think she probably had help from someone with magical abilities (the witch or Rumple?), but it's possible she isn't actually the person who cast it. I'm not sure what Ivy's motivation would be, but we don't know that much about her yet.
That's a great point. If either Lady Tremaine or Drizella cast the curse, they would probably have needed help from someone with magical abilities. Lady Tremaine does seem fully awake to me, too, so I'm pretty sure she has some part in the curse, even if she didn't cast it.

Quote:
I'm hoping Ivy doesn't have actual feelings for Henry because if she does, she's going to get her heart broken. It seems like she's had very little love in her life and if she's going to care for someone, I'd prefer it to be someone who might return her feelings. Now if she's just doing the mean girl thing and using Henry to stick it to Jacinda, then she has no one to blame but herself if it backfires on her.

I will agree the Henry and Jacinda story needs some spicing up though. I'm just not seeing any sparks there.
I would hate to see Ivy get her heart broken, too. I just think that her having actual feelings for Henry could be a good thing for her character development and the Henry/Jacinda storyline. If she is intending to do the mean girl thing and simply use him to stick it to Jacinda, I could see her later have a crisis of conscience when she realizes she does really care for him. If she opens up to Henry, then maybe that could open the door to her finding someone who could return her feelings. Henry could teach her that she is worthy of love and deserves to be treated well. Regardless, if seeing Henry with Ivy makes Jacinda jealous, moves their story along and makes it more passionate and compelling, then I'm all for it. Right now, it's lacking spark for me.

Quote:
Keri, I do think Rumple/Weaver is fully awake now. I think his use of "dearie" confirmed that.
That's what I thought, too.

Quote:
I loved Roni's scene with Henry too, but I need her to have a storyline beyond pouring drinks and giving out advice. Hopefully there will be more soon.
AMEN. I need them to give Roni more to do. That's why I'm so excited about the next episode. If she starts waking up and remembering, things will get REALLY exciting.

Last edited by kerbear28; 10-30-2017 at 08:47 PM
Old 10-31-2017, 09:53 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerbear28 (View Post)
I would hate to see Ivy get her heart broken, too. I just think that her having actual feelings for Henry could be a good thing for her character development and the Henry/Jacinda storyline. If she is intending to do the mean girl thing and simply use him to stick it to Jacinda, I could see her later have a crisis of conscience when she realizes she does really care for him. If she opens up to Henry, then maybe that could open the door to her finding someone who could return her feelings. Henry could teach her that she is worthy of love and deserves to be treated well. Regardless, if seeing Henry with Ivy makes Jacinda jealous, moves their story along and makes it more passionate and compelling, then I'm all for it. Right now, it's lacking spark for me.
I see your point, then they might end up being friends and I think Ivy could use a friend, so that would be a good thing. It also looks like from the promo next week, Ivy and Roni might have scenes together.

Quote:
I need them to give Roni more to do. That's why I'm so excited about the next episode. If she starts waking up and remembering, things will get REALLY exciting.
I agree that things would get very exciting! Once Regina is awake, she's going to start searching for a way to wake everyone else. I've been assuming this curse would last all season, but maybe it won't. Someone on another board suggested that this won't be a blanket curse break, where everyone wakes up all at once, but that each character will have their own trigger that will wake them. That seems to be what happened with Rumple, and I think that would be much more interesting than another TLK, so I'm hoping this is what will happen.
Old 11-01-2017, 05:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

Quote:
I see your point, then they might end up being friends and I think Ivy could use a friend, so that would be a good thing. It also looks like from the promo next week, Ivy and Roni might have scenes together.
Exactly. And Henry and Ivy ending up friends could be a really good thing - for everyone. Especially if they all have to work together to take down Lady Tremaine.

Oh gosh, I'm SO THERE for some Ivy/Roni interaction. Roni will set her straight.

Quote:
I agree that things would get very exciting! Once Regina is awake, she's going to start searching for a way to wake everyone else. I've been assuming this curse would last all season, but maybe it won't. Someone on another board suggested that this won't be a blanket curse break, where everyone wakes up all at once, but that each character will have their own trigger that will wake them. That seems to be what happened with Rumple, and I think that would be much more interesting than another TLK, so I'm hoping this is what will happen.
YES, I love the idea of each character having their own trigger to wake them from the curse. So interesting! I just miss Regina SO MUCH, so I can't wait for her to wake up and start taking charge.
Old 11-01-2017, 05:50 PM
Master Fan

Anyone else watch Blindspot?

Also, I am super exited for this weeks OUAT. I miss Regina. Though I really love the Roni look.
Old 11-01-2017, 06:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

^ It looks really good, but I haven't watched Blindspot yet. Do you recommend it, Amanda?

Ahh I love Roni's look, too! I adore the curls, and her style is the perfect blend of cute, sexy and badass.

I have a work event this Friday night, so sadly I won't be able to watch the new OUAT episode live. I will watch it ASAP on Saturday, though.

Last edited by kerbear28; 11-01-2017 at 07:38 PM
Old 11-01-2017, 07:03 PM
Master Fan

Yes. I definitely recommend it.