Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-01-2015, 10:27 PM
Dedicated Fan

I totally agree. I don't ship Kennash and even I don't like the way Bash is treating Kenna this season and he's my favorite character. I also don't like how they changed Kenna's character to make her and Bash's relationship work. They just don't fit imo. Bash seem to be married to his work and Kenna is always home alone. They keep saying they love each other but I don't ever feel it. It's just words, Bash doesn't really show that he's in love with her. Kenna tries to make their marriage work, but Bash always seem to be upset with her and when they do make up they just have sex and never really talk about anything. With Antoine Kenna was her old self again she didn't have to pretend to be someone she's not. She was happy when she was planning that party and she looked lovely in that dress Antoine lend to her. They're super cute! I just love watching their scenes.

Plus, Antoine is hot! They have so much chemistry together. I'll continue to ship them even if Kenna does stay with Bash. I guess the only thing that would make me stop liking them would be if Antoine tried to kill Kenna to get back at Bash, but I don't think he will.

Hook ♥ Emma | Sebastian ♥ Mary | Stiles ♥ Lydia
Damon ♥ Elena | Oliver ♥ Felicity | Abbie ♥ Ichabod
marie | tumblr | livejournal
Iquitefancyyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 11:11 PM
Master Fan

I think you all have a point here, and the way Bash acted is what makes our POVs so different. I do believe Kenna and Bash love each other. I have little doubt about that. But I also think they let their sexual chemistry sweep under the carpet all the differences they had. Bash acted like Kenna's hopes for a nice life were some sort of quirks to smile about, Kenna acted like she had to be ashamed of it. Let's not forget her total devotion and admiration for him. She saw him like a saint. She'd wonder around the palace telling how honest he is. She pretty much put him first, and that's where he failed to reciprocate. And that's where they were not equal. Let's imagine for a moment that Bash ended up with Mary: Would he not have consulted her and asked for her approval before he'd hang a tapestry on the wall? Would he not have begged for her permission before he'd take an orphan boy home, would he not have told her all of his secrets and showered her with titles if he had had any way to get them, or if he she had needs them? He certainly would never have left her alone most of the time, omitting to say where he was going and failing to be her plus one anywhere. So here's the thing, Bash has most things wrong with both Mary and Kenna. He was way too devoted to the former and way too little with the latter. I think Kenna must realize that somewhere in her heart. She let pieces of herself go in order to be with Bash. It was all too easy for Antoine to sneak into that marriage because the girl was unsatisfied on many levels.
She didn't cheat on her husband. She never encouraged Antoine. I understand that no renaissance housewife (which Kenna is, for her standards) would have planned a party with another man, but this is Reign and he is a married king, so I think in her head all was fine, and it was. She had no idea he wouldn't have sent Bash that message. She was constantly looking at the door to see him come in, as she had done everytime Antoine had been around so far. Ultimately she forgot about him and had fun. Is it wrong? I think this has more to do with our view on relationships than it does with Kenna or Bash, but we should keep in mind that she never planned to be at that party without her husband.
Kenna might be obsessed with a nice life, but Bash seems to be disturbingly obsessed with NOT having it. He left a duchy to his mother and didn't even think to ask his wife first. What's so dreadful about a duchy for a son and brother of kings? What's so wrong about consulting one's wife? Kenna would ask Bash before she'd buy a lapdog. She would share every detail of her life with Bash. In turn she got secrets, secrets, secrets. Oh, that included an incest.

On a different show, this would all be dealt with after Antoine. Actually, Antoine would make a third party, someone who would stay for multiple Episodes and provide a confrontation between KB. In a typical trope he would also fall for Kenna for real. But this is Reign and he'll probably be gone before doing any good.
Old 03-01-2015, 11:33 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmemandy (View Post)
I actually shipped Kenna with everyone, and not too long ago, I shipped her with Bash, but he's been acting weird, and I realised that they're just too different and he just can't make her happy, I doubt he can make anyone happy because he's basically married to his job , and her relationship with Bash changed her so much into a goody goody character, and I think that's a shame because Kenna is not supposed to be good, she's a layered character, and I just love that Antoine brings that side of her, I know that he's using her, but I have some hope that it will be a lot more meaningful in time. Besides, Antoine and Kenna are so similar in a freaky way, seriously even their smile are the same. I have a feeling the writers did that on purpose, they have so much in common that's why I believe they can develop into something more in time.
There's just something about them
They're just so cute and the way he looks at her is I have no words

Hum....
I doubt writers have planned up to the smiles!
They can hardly be consistent with so much stuff!
It is certainly just a coincidence!!!!!!
Pirouline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 11:44 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkalice (View Post)
I think you all have a point here, and the way Bash acted is what makes our POVs so different. I do believe Kenna and Bash love each other. I have little doubt about that. But I also think they let their sexual chemistry sweep under the carpet all the differences they had. Bash acted like Kenna's hopes for a nice life were some sort of quirks to smile about, Kenna acted like she had to be ashamed of it. Let's not forget her total devotion and admiration for him. She saw him like a saint. She'd wonder around the palace telling how honest he is. She pretty much put him first, and that's where he failed to reciprocate. And that's where they were not equal. Let's imagine for a moment that Bash ended up with Mary: Would he not have consulted her and asked for her approval before he'd hang a tapestry on the wall? Would he not have begged for her permission before he'd take an orphan boy home, would he not have told her all of his secrets and showered her with titles if he had had any way to get them, or if he she had needs them? He certainly would never have left her alone most of the time, omitting to say where he was going and failing to be her plus one anywhere. So here's the thing, Bash has most things wrong with both Mary and Kenna. He was way too devoted to the former and way too little with the latter. I think Kenna must realize that somewhere in her heart. She let pieces of herself go in order to be with Bash. It was all too easy for Antoine to sneak into that marriage because the girl was unsatisfied on many levels.
She didn't cheat on her husband. She never encouraged Antoine. I understand that no renaissance housewife (which Kenna is, for her standards) would have planned a party with another man, but this is Reign and he is a married king, so I think in her head all was fine, and it was. She had no idea he wouldn't have sent Bash that message. She was constantly looking at the door to see him come in, as she had done everytime Antoine had been around so far. Ultimately she forgot about him and had fun. Is it wrong? I think this has more to do with our view on relationships than it does with Kenna or Bash, but we should keep in mind that she never planned to be at that party without her husband.
Kenna might be obsessed with a nice life, but Bash seems to be disturbingly obsessed with NOT having it. He left a duchy to his mother and didn't even think to ask his wife first. What's so dreadful about a duchy for a son and brother of kings? What's so wrong about consulting one's wife? Kenna would ask Bash before she'd buy a lapdog. She would share every detail of her life with Bash. In turn she got secrets, secrets, secrets. Oh, that included an incest.

On a different show, this would all be dealt with after Antoine. Actually, Antoine would make a third party, someone who would stay for multiple Episodes and provide a confrontation between KB. In a typical trope he would also fall for Kenna for real. But this is Reign and he'll probably be gone before doing any good.

I think like you Alice....
I mean... Even Francis told Bash : you could put Mary first ( and he was)...
But poor Kenna, she is never first!
Antoine has an easy task : Kenna is always alone and is bored... Any woman would be flattered to just get a little attention and to feel appreciated...
This does not mean Kenna does not love Bash... This means that Bash has not realized that Kenna cannot be taken as granted and that he has work to do in his marriage too...
Let's hope all that story with Antoine will shake him enough that he will finally see and understand something...
Old 03-02-2015, 01:30 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
This does not mean Kenna does not love Bash... This means that Bash has not realized that Kenna cannot be taken as granted and that he has work to do in his marriage too...
True. And part of why we are intrigued by Kantoine is the fact that Kennash had that kind of potential. We saw too little of the flirty part, and practically no courting. Since we were told that Bash was bad news with women, it was a total waste. And now Antoine is playing the bad news.

That said, I don't think Kantoine go anywhere near Henry/Anne. Which is only good for Kenna, though.
Old 03-02-2015, 05:07 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkalice (View Post)
True. And part of why we are intrigued by Kantoine is the fact that Kennash had that kind of potential. We saw too little of the flirty part, and practically no courting. Since we were told that Bash was bad news with women, it was a total waste. And now Antoine is playing the bad news.

That said, I don't think Kantoine go anywhere near Henry/Anne. Which is only good for Kenna, though.

Euh...
What means "to be bad news with women"?
It is an expression?
Old 03-02-2015, 08:10 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirouline (View Post)
Euh...
What means "to be bad news with women"?
It is an expression?
Yes, to be bad news means more or less that one has a bad effect on things or people! They did say that Bash had a womanizing reputation.
Old 03-02-2015, 09:02 AM
Obsessed Fan

Iquitefancyyou Same, I will continue to ship them even if she chooses Bash because they're just something else omg. They're have so much chemistry and you can clearly see how much he makes her happy, she doesn't have to pretend with him, she can be who she is, and Ben Aldridge is so hot, I kind of prefer him to Torrance

Pirouline I think they have so much in common not only their smile, and they actually explicitly mentionned it in the show, so I doubt it's a coincidence. Like both of them have a little bit of a reputation. Before getting to know them, people underestimate them, they think they're selfcentered, and reckless spenders when they're not. They both like extravagant things, and they actually like parties and dressing good, and they're ambitious, and also they both have someone in their inner circle who gives them a look whenever they say something stupid, they're both ok to watch people have sex, they're protective of the people they care about but do not particularly care for others...
I can litteraly go on for ages because seriously they're the same person.
Besides, look at this two picture, it's the same freaking smile :

Alice ITA with all that you said, Bash doesn't treat her in a good way, he takes her for granted and doesn't put her first, but the worst thing is that he judges her for being who she truly is, and it came to a point where she felt so ashamed of who she was that she pretended to be someone else, and I feel like it's wrong. I saw potential in Kennash, I loved them so much and I still think Torrance and Caitlin have an amazing chemistry, but that's all it is. Their story isn't what I thought it would be, it was rushed, and now that I think of it with a clear mind, from the moment they started sleeping together, Kenna changed into someone else. I do believe that they still love each other a lot, but sometimes you're just too different, and eventually you grow apart, and no matter how much she tries, Kenna can't be the only one who holds it together.
We didn't see them flirt or anything, and even now, Bash doesn't seem jealous, he seems angry, annoyed, almost abusive, and I hated every part of it. Not to mention the fact that everytime he interrupts Kentoine, Kenna's smile go away.
I mean clearly Antoine knows what makes her happy and is willing to make her happy, Bash thinks that what makes her happy is petty and stupid.
So I guess I want Kentoine to happen, because they have the potential to be a great SL, the actors have a lot of chemistry, and frankly it's the best choice for her, if she ever wants to find happiness.
I doubt KB is going to change, Bash is never going to stop his battles for his brother, he's never going to sit back home and enjoy his day with his wife, like that's not going to happen. I know a show needs drama, but if that's the only drama they can provide for Kennash, I'm not here to watch that. I much prefer a drama show where Kenna is a queen, where she screws up her rule and has to fix everything with Antoine's help or even on her own. I mean seriously anything would be better than Kenna being home alone waiting for a husband who doesn't care.
Old 03-02-2015, 12:03 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmemandy (View Post)
Iquitefancyyou Same, I will continue to ship them even if she chooses Bash because they're just something else omg. They're have so much chemistry and you can clearly see how much he makes her happy, she doesn't have to pretend with him, she can be who she is, and Ben Aldridge is so hot, I kind of prefer him to Torrance

Pirouline I think they have so much in common not only their smile, and they actually explicitly mentionned it in the show, so I doubt it's a coincidence. Like both of them have a little bit of a reputation. Before getting to know them, people underestimate them, they think they're selfcentered, and reckless spenders when they're not. They both like extravagant things, and they actually like parties and dressing good, and they're ambitious, and also they both have someone in their inner circle who gives them a look whenever they say something stupid, they're both ok to watch people have sex, they're protective of the people they care about but do not particularly care for others...
I can litteraly go on for ages because seriously they're the same person.
Besides, look at this two picture, it's the same freaking smile : ]

Alice ITA with all that you said, Bash doesn't treat her in a good way, he takes her for granted and doesn't put her first, but the worst thing is that he judges her for being who she truly is, and it came to a point where she felt so ashamed of who she was that she pretended to be someone else, and I feel like it's wrong. I saw potential in Kennash, I loved them so much and I still think Torrance and Caitlin have an amazing chemistry, but that's all it is. Their story isn't what I thought it would be, it was rushed, and now that I think of it with a clear mind, from the moment they started sleeping together, Kenna changed into someone else. I do believe that they still love each other a lot, but sometimes you're just too different, and eventually you grow apart, and no matter how much she tries, Kenna can't be the only one who holds it together.
We didn't see them flirt or anything, and even now, Bash doesn't seem jealous, he seems angry, annoyed, almost abusive, and I hated every part of it. Not to mention the fact that everytime he interrupts Kentoine, Kenna's smile go away.
I mean clearly Antoine knows what makes her happy and is willing to make her happy, Bash thinks that what makes her happy is petty and stupid.
So I guess I want Kentoine to happen, because they have the potential to be a great SL, the actors have a lot of chemistry, and frankly it's the best choice for her, if she ever wants to find happiness.
I doubt KB is going to change, Bash is never going to stop his battles for his brother, he's never going to sit back home and enjoy his day with his wife, like that's not going to happen. I know a show needs drama, but if that's the only drama they can provide for Kennash, I'm not here to watch that. I much prefer a drama show where Kenna is a queen, where she screws up her rule and has to fix everything with Antoine's help or even on her own. I mean seriously anything would be better than Kenna being home alone waiting for a husband who doesn't care.

Agree with you : Ben is hothothot!!!!!
Not wanting to disappoint you but I doubt Kenna will end being a queen...
If she ever ends being something different than what she is now, it will be a divorced young woman having not big hopes of finding someone...
Old 03-02-2015, 12:13 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirouline (View Post)
Agree with you : Ben is hothothot!!!!!
Not wanting to disappoint you but I doubt Kenna will end being a queen...
If she ever ends being something different than what she is now, it will be a divorced young woman having not big hopes of finding someone...
Yes but I have hope that she will
Ben is so hot, seriously I think I have a serious crush
Old 03-03-2015, 07:10 PM
Master Fan

Not sure where else to put this.

- Captain Frederick Wentworth, Persuasion, Chapter 23
Scarlet|tumblr|Twitter|FF.net
ScarletCourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 05:40 AM
Master Fan

Should be interesting! I doubt he'll be too busy unless the pilot is immediately picked up but I wasn't expecting much Antoine in s3 anyway!

ETA:
I think with KB it should be a question of balance. Deep down Kenna isn't all about parties, the first thing she wanted after she got married was her knight, a loving husband. And she did have that. So I think the problem now is that Bash became kind of everyone else's knight and forgot to be a husband too, which made the lack of parties and pretties harder to forget. I don't know how long Antoine is staying, but I wish she could have the chance to experiment the dolce vita long enough to realize what and who she really wants. I hope she won't sleep with him though. As idiotic as Bash is being, at least he kept faithful.

Last edited by drunkalice; 03-04-2015 at 05:47 AM
drunkalice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 11:35 AM
Obsessed Fan

Seems awesome, I hope it gets picked up I love Ben
Either way, I guess everyone here wants Kenna to be happy and have a more important and interesting sl. So who cares who gives that to her ? Whether it's Antoine, Bash or herself. At this point, I'm even ok with her being on her own.
Old 03-11-2015, 08:03 PM
Master Fan

Kenna and Antoine Scenes:
Spoiler:

- Captain Frederick Wentworth, Persuasion, Chapter 23
Scarlet|tumblr|Twitter|FF.net
ScarletCourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 12:16 AM
New Fan

Bash did everything right in this episode. Is he a perfect husband ? No .. even he admitted to that he is away too much but he truly loves Kenna.
But he is one of the few "good" guys. To me he is not boring and why does Kenna need a SL that has to be all drama. Working on a relationship but stickinhg with it is interesting as well. It doesnt always have to be cheating , lies.
Kenna was so easily swayed away from the marriage and thats what has me worried a lot about their future.
People here all want Kenna to be happy. But what about Bash ? If anyone he deserves happiness as well. Someone who loves him for what he is,
Dolphini is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread