Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-06-2017, 06:43 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotDoneAbusingYou (View Post)
She needs England, because as Elizabeth pointed out, nether one of them will ever be safe as long as the other is still a competitor. Even if rhey don't fight each other, their supporters will. People will continue to come for them both. England means safety for them. Whichever queen has the throne has more power whuch means more saftey from anyone who should come for them. Also, should Mary get England she could unite the two countries under her rule and end centuries worth of fighting.
Does Mary think her inheriting as a Catholic would not have issues especially if done by force? She was not going to be able to forcefully get the English throne.

Yes both of them being alive meant threat but if Mary died someone else would be named the Spanish were already arguing their claim (from a previous dynasty). There were plenty of Protestants who could claim some descent.

Please don't get me wrong abdicating and putting herself in Elizabeth's mercy was a bad idea. But there is a middle ground.

Elizabeth never named a successor but she did say apparently no one had a better claim than Mary. She also once it became clear that she would not have children started up a personal correspondence with Mary's son that lasted the rest of their lives and even gave him an allowance.

Yes Darnley slammed dunked her claim but she had a huge claim already. She needed to think about who would be good for her people who would take the responsibility seriously. She married a guy who has no problem setting fire to buildings.

The marriage is a historical disaster. There were other options. And her council strongly advised her against it.

And Elizabeth herself in this episode realized she needed to let go of her childish fears.

Last edited by bekalynn; 04-06-2017 at 06:50 PM
Old 04-06-2017, 09:02 PM
Master Fan

She made the decision she rhought was best. Of course we know it was a mistake, but hindsight is always 20/20. From Mary's perspective, she beleives Elizabeth will never stop coming for her. And truthfully she won't. She said she didn't want to draw first blood...she didn’t say she wouldn't strike the second she had an excuse. She just needs Mary to look bad enough for her to make that move.

Of course Mary knows there will be issues, but she believes thise issues are less of a problem than the ines she faces now. The marraige would have worked just fine if Darnley hadn't been such an ass hole. Her only mistake was trusting Darnley on a personal level.
Old 04-06-2017, 10:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

^ Exactly. Hindsight is 20/20. It's easy to say that the marriage was a mistake now, knowing that it became a disaster. From Mary's perspective, she didn't really have a choice. At least this is how the show is portraying it. She would not be safe until she had England, and Darnley was her best weapon against Elizabeth. She believed she was doing it for the good of Scotland. Darnley knows this, too, which is why he makes this threat to prevent James from outing his secret:

Quote:
If you tell Mary, you will be the one that hurts her. Not because she'll feel betrayed, but because this marriage is the one chance she has to defeat Elizabeth. We both know that Mary isn't safe until she takes Elizabeth's throne. Well, marrying me is the most direct route, and the key to her survival.
OMG I thought that Ade dancing with Teri's son was adorable, but this pic of Ade and her little brother is the CUTEST!!!

adelaidekane: #tbt #kanesiblings #whyyouhavetogetsobig?!

Flower kisses.

Lots of lovely new pics of Ade as Alyssa's bridesmaid last year.

“My bestie and bridesmaid Addy brought me donuts in bed as the villa and surrounding vineyards were enveloped by a beautiful morning fog.” — Alyssa Campanella

X

Spoiler:

X

Spoiler:

Last edited by kerbear28; 04-07-2017 at 04:59 AM
Old 04-06-2017, 11:11 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
She made the decision she rhought was best. Of course we know it was a mistake, but hindsight is always 20/20. From Mary's perspective, she beleives Elizabeth will never stop coming for her. And truthfully she won't. She said she didn't want to draw first blood...she didn’t say she wouldn't strike the second she had an excuse. She just needs Mary to look bad enough for her to make that move.

Of course Mary knows there will be issues, but she believes thise issues are less of a problem than the ines she faces now. The marraige would have worked just fine if Darnley hadn't been such an ass hole. Her only mistake was trusting Darnley on a personal level.
Except for the fact that Mary knows his an ass hole. Because he was willing to set fire to something with people in it, and also the way he sleeped with his ex and his response.

She's knowingly marrying him even though she knows he's a jerk.

And its a marriage many advised her as a bad idea.

I get she wants her cousin's throne but this is a terrible way to go about it. She is not using good judgment.
Old 04-07-2017, 03:24 PM
Master Fan

He slept with his ex because he was deeply in love with her. He felt awful about it. He's not an ass for that.

The only person who advised her against it is James. And she barely trusts him. His judgment on Darnley is a little skewed.

You can't judge show Darnley with RL Darnley. They aren't really the same.

It's a terrible way to go about it maybe, but it's the only way.
Old 04-07-2017, 05:07 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
He slept with his ex because he was deeply in love with her. He felt awful about it. He's not an ass for that.

The only person who advised her against it is James. And she barely trusts him. His judgment on Darnley is a little skewed.

You can't judge show Darnley with RL Darnley. They aren't really the same.

It's a terrible way to go about it maybe, but it's the only way.
It is not just the sleeping with the other woman there's also the putting others lives in danger the (Fire).

And the guy she met last week (future hubby no 3) also said it was a bad idea.

Did he ask around about his character? As a human being. Has she cared about that at all?

I don't think James judgement is skewed... Its clearly right, his discussion on how the other guy treats his servants...

Last edited by bekalynn; 04-07-2017 at 05:13 PM
Old 04-07-2017, 07:40 PM
Master Fan

She doesn't even know Bothwell. Why would she trust a man she just met?

Jame's judgement is skewed. The guy shafted him and Mary gave him all his stuff. His a little pissy.

And no she didn't ask around about him...that's part of my point, she only has James and Bothwell as judges, not exactly a fair panel there.
Old 04-08-2017, 06:16 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

I have to agree that James and Bothwell aren't exactly fair and unbiased judges of Darnley's character. We really can't judge show Darnley based on rl Darnley. We already saw that James was wrong about Darnley keeping Keira in town in this last episode. He may be arrogant and rude, but he planned to let Keira go and try to make it work with Mary.

Poor Mary. Another heartbreaking prophecy.

Chef Ade.

X
Old 04-08-2017, 03:20 PM
Master Fan

The situation with Darnley seems to be nothing more than a series of mistakes and bad timing.
Old 04-09-2017, 10:26 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

^ Exactly.

New Ade posts under the spoiler tags.

Spoiler:

Mary in 4x08.

X

X

Mary sacrificing her personal happiness for the future of Scotland.

X
Old 04-09-2017, 07:17 PM
Master Fan

Aww. How did I miss the one with her cat? Must go find it.

ETA:

Last edited by NotDoneAbusingYou; 04-10-2017 at 06:32 PM
Old 04-10-2017, 10:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

Ahh I love the overalls and the wink. Happy Monday lovers.

Adelaide lip-syncing to 'You Don't Know Me' by Jax Jones. So cute.

Adorable. Same, Ade. Same.

X
Old 04-13-2017, 09:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

RANMA

Spoiler:

Ade at Ysabel, a restaurant in West Hollywood with her friend Piper.

X

Spoiler:

Ade attended the Alice + Olivia ‘Eyewear is Art’ Launch party in LA last night. The entire look is amazing. How does she even breath??? Insane. LOTS more pics under the spoiler tags.

X

Spoiler:

Last edited by kerbear28; 04-13-2017 at 09:51 PM
Old 04-15-2017, 08:05 PM
Master Fan

Old 04-16-2017, 06:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

So cool that she got work out with the Victoria Secret Angels and Tone It Up. She's definitely an angel.

Ok, there is so much to catch up on! I'll put everything under spoiler tags - otherwise this post could be gigantic. I'm crazy for trying to share everything, but...here we go.

Hanging out with Laysla and then hiking with her friend Mara.

Spoiler:

Heading to Coachella!

Spoiler:

Watching last week's episode with her friends.

Spoiler:

Nylon Magazine After Party.

Spoiler:

Arriving at Coachella.

Spoiler:

Ade and Laysla.

Spoiler:

A little more fun from the Tone It Up work out. (There were so many vids!!)

Spoiler:

More COACHELLA.

Reunited with Rach!

Spoiler:

YES, QUEEN!!! Go Mary!!

X

This parallel. The overview of the wedding dress is absolutely stunning, though.

X

X

Last edited by kerbear28; 04-16-2017 at 09:04 PM
Closed Thread   Post New Thread